How to get into The Beatles?

Which album should I listen first? Is it worth getting into The Beatles as a major electronic pop fan and psychedelic/glam rock fan?

Only Beatles song I know is Hey Jude. 

Please gimme some song and album recommendations 

Edited by Ayanaa
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Born to Run

Rubber Soul :alexz:

rubber soul then abbey road then #1s then revolver then sgt pepper then the white album

bayonse
12 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Is it worth getting into The Beatles

ofc

start with the greatest hits compilations 

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Rubber Soul :alexz:

Wow. Drive My Car an immediate bop :jonny2:

Pink Matter

All their albums from Rubber Soul onward are considered classics so I'd start there :matty: 

just don't.

they're basic and boring.

uninspired production.

lame songwriting.

there were literally thousand better groups popping out in the 60s.

kinks

byrds

animals

yardbirds

hermans hermits

hollies

searchers

dave clark five

honeycombs

peter and gordon etc

:WAP:

18 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Is it worth getting into The Beatles as a major electronic pop fan and psychedelic/glam rock fan?

Yes, it's totally worth getting into The Beatles.  Their discography evolves from album to album, and this gives way to a wide range of style.  It will definitely suit your needs if you are already a fan of pop, psychedelic, and rock.  Any of those will work as your first I believe : Rubber Soul, Revolver, The White Album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road, Let It Be.  Geez, any album really.  They are amazing. :jonny5: 

4 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Yes, it's totally worth getting into The Beatles.  Their discography evolves from album to album, and this gives way to a wide range of style.  It will definitely suit your needs if you are already a fan of pop, psychedelic, and rock.  Any of those will work as your first I believe : Rubber Soul, Revolver, The White Album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road, Let It Be.  Geez, any album really.  They are amazing. :jonny5: 

Thanks. I'm absolutely loving Drive My Car and Norwegian Wood already. Drive My Car is already saved in a playlist 

Just now, Ayanaa said:

Thanks. I'm absolutely loving Drive My Car and Norwegian Wood already. Drive My Car is already saved in a playlist 

My first albums were Revolver and The White Album.  Rubber Soul is a great start too though.  The Beatles is actually very easy to get into because their songs are short and fun.

• #FreeBritney Activist
GlamSlam

I would recommend this:

The Beatles 1 album cover.jpg

It has all the Beatles hits you would ever need, but if you want to dive deeper into their back catalogue try Sgt Pepper.

unison stan

listen abbey road, rubber soul, white album, revolver, sgt ...

28 minutes ago, Lover said:

just don't.

they're basic and boring.

uninspired production.

lame songwriting.

there were literally thousand better groups popping out in the 60s.

kinks

byrds

animals

yardbirds

hermans hermits

hollies

searchers

dave clark five

honeycombs

peter and gordon etc

:WAP:

I will check them out someday as well. Thank you 

Wildcat

You should give them a try. They are the most acclaimed rock band of all time and you will probably appreciate their melodies as a pop music fan.
Since you are a big Madonna fan, I will try to make a parallel between their discographies.

1. Teen idols

Their first four albums were mostly catered to teenage girls, comprising of mostly rock covers and occasional original songs. 
By the time Beatles For Sale came out, they were exhausted with this image, hence the "for sale" / sellout pun in the title.
This phase is their Like A Virgin / True Blue - Not neccesarily their best work but it's iconic due to the Beatlemania, the singles and their fashion (mop-top haircuts with matching black suits).

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale

2. Singer-songwriter

Lennon and McCartney started writing more original songs and gained artistic recognition from mainstream critics. They dropped the quick little singles and began creating albums of consistently high-quality songs. This phase is their Like A Prayer / Erotica / Bedtime Stories phase.

Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver

3. Experimental 

They retired from touring and started experimenting with psychedelic and avant-garde sounds. Their universal acclaim lead to the cultural legitimisation of popular music and Sgt. Pepper's popularized conceptual albums. This it their Ray Of Light / Music / American Life phase.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Clubs Band
The Beatles / White Album
Yellow Submarine (Soundtrack)
Magical Mystery Tour (EP)

4. Pop
I'd say these are their most accessible albums, incorporating traditional pop music with their usual rock / blues influences. Many people consider Abbey Road to be their last hurrah while Let It Be received mixed reviews and it's extremely divise among their fanbase. This is their Confessions On A Dance Floor / Hard Candy phase.

Abbey Road
Let It Be

Edited by Wildcat
Just now, Ayanaa said:

I will check them out someday as well. Thank you 

please do!

and if you want flawless vocals, a hottie and exceptional choreo...

9 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

You should give them a try. They are the most acclaimed rock band of all time and you will probably appreciate their melodies as a pop music fan.
Since you are a big Madonna fan, I will try to make an parallel between their discographies.

1. Teen phase - Their first four albums were mostly catered to teenage girls, comprising of mostly rock covers and occasional original songs. 
By the time Beatles For Sale came out, they were exhasuted with this image, hence the "for sale" / sellout pun in the title.
This phase is their Like A Virgin / True Blue - Not neccesarily their best work but it's iconic due to the Beatlemania, the singles and their fashion (mop-top haircuts with matching black suits).

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale

2. Singer-songwriter

Lennon and McCartney started writing more original songs and started to get artistic recognition from mainstream critics. They dropped the quick little singles and began creating albums of consistently high-quality songs. This phase is their Like A Prayer / Erotica / Bedtime Stories phase.

Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver

3. Experimental 

They retired from touring and started experimenting with psychedelic and avant-garde sounds. Their universal acclaim lead to the cultural legitimisation of popular music and Sgt. Pepper's popularized conceptual albums. This it their Ray Of Light / Music / American Life phase.

4. Pop
I'd say these are their most accessible albums, incorporating traditional pop music with their usual rock / blues influences. Many people consider Abbey Road to be their last hurrah while Let It Be received mixed reviews and it's extremely divise among their fanbase. This is their Confessions On A Dance Floor / Hard Candy phase.

Abbey Road
Let It Be

Oh my god. This is great haha! Thank you:heart: I have a feeling I'm really gonna like their experimental psychedelic stuff, but Rubber Soul is sounding amazing so far 

19 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

I would recommend this:

The Beatles 1 album cover.jpg

I would also recommend starting with this, but this would only give you the flavour of their pop hits and mostly earlier work. For their truly experimental stuff you'd need to visit their later albums. 

My fav song of theirs is Strawberry Fields Forever 

22 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Since you are a big Madonna fan, I will try to make a parallel between their discographies.

1. Teen idols

Their first four albums were mostly catered to teenage girls, comprising of mostly rock covers and occasional original songs. 
By the time Beatles For Sale came out, they were exhausted with this image, hence the "for sale" / sellout pun in the title.

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale

2. Singer-songwriter

Lennon and McCartney started writing more original songs and gained artistic recognition from mainstream critics. They dropped the quick little singles and began creating albums of consistently high-quality songs. This phase is their Like A Prayer / Erotica / Bedtime Stories phase.

Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver

3. Experimental 

4. Pop

Abbey Road
Let It Be

Well then I'm glad they broke up and we didn't have to suffer through their MDNO, Rebel Heart Attack, and Madead X

15 minutes ago, Lover said:

please do!

and if you want flawless vocals, a hottie and exceptional choreo...

Yes I will, I'm saving this thread. The songs u linked sound great already!

1 minute ago, Brando said:

I'm glad they broke up and we didn't have to suffer through their MDMA, Rebel Heart Attack, and Madodo X

I like big parts of those albums but.... :bibliahh::dies::rip:

Wildcat
10 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Oh my god. This is great haha! Thank you:heart: I have a feeling I'm really gonna like their experimental psychedelic stuff, but Rubber Soul is sounding amazing so far 

You are welcome :heart: Rubber Soul is my favorite + "In My Life" is the best song of all time.

4 minutes ago, Brando said:

I'm glad they broke up and we didn't have to suffer through their MDMA, Rebel Heart Attack, and Madodo X

I fear Paul released his very own Bitch I'm Madonna a few years ago :mandown: