Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Yellowfever

• LatinFreak

• Jimi

5 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Football emergency!!

She better record new football anthem for Qatar World Cup next year :mandown:

maybe start a gofundme to raise funds to pay off the white twink mods on atrl to put a banner. Normani got one. this is why Normani is a #1 smash hit star, the new beyonce

5 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

But really? 

When I first heard Ojos Así, La Tortura, Whenever Wherever, hips don’t lie, Loca, etc., it instantly felt like those songs were BOPS. 

the only song that I had to listen to a bit before liking was She Wolf…. And it turned out to be only a decent hit for her, even though the song is pure gold, especially that intro. 

however, for this song - it just feels like it won’t go anywhere. W/e, the pop scene is so weird. Music being released now is pure trash either way, or maybe I’m too old already idk. 

i feel im getting too old because honestly all pop music and music in general right now is AWFUL. Occasionally ill bop to something then forget about it in a few days.  instant gratification gen z kids really dont know how bad they have it now. 

cuneytb
8 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

But really? 

When I first heard Ojos Así, La Tortura, Whenever Wherever, hips don’t lie, Loca, etc., it instantly felt like those songs were BOPS. 

the only song that I had to listen to a bit before liking was She Wolf…. And it turned out to be only a decent hit for her, even though the song is pure gold, especially that intro. 

however, for this song - it just feels like it won’t go anywhere. W/e, the pop scene is so weird. Music being released now is pure trash either way, or maybe I’m too old already idk. 

It's a chill song, they could play this song at the beach for the whole summer and no one would be irritated. Its cute, chill and a bop.

Ofcourse i don't know if it will smash, english songs by her don't do that well. Lets see.

I remember SW being trashed a lot by her fans in 2009, saying she's selling out :zzz:

omg, this is SO GOOD

i thought it was the worst song of the year at first but it clicked 

don't wait up! 

NFBaZLS.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

But really? 

Those previous singles you mentioned could be done only by her and this song could be done by anyone, that's the difference. It lacks personality and flair, her quirkiness and her distinct lyricism.

Edited by Lorelei

19 minutes ago, romas_ld said:

I remember SW being trashed a lot by her fans in 2009, saying she's selling out :zzz:

They have been saying this since WW and when she dyed her hair blonde... But somehow she keeps winning and getting a loyal fanbase and constant listeners, getting hits and selling stadiums without giving a **** about promote or make something bigger... At this time we don't care about that comments and I know Shakira even more, it proves that comments doesn't mean anything commercial, acclaim and impact-wise

49 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

But really? 

Look into people like Maggie Lindemann or Willow’s new project. They’re bringing the punk rock sound back, but incorporating it into pop music, which is quite refreshing imo.

2 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

You literally came for everyone that has compared this song to her other leads boo boo, go touch some grass :gaycat2:

Girl shut up go create a fake Grindr or Twitter account or something. Nobody coming for you mind your ugly business. Now I was coming for everybody except her. Make up your mind sweetie. 

Edited by GeeDuval

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

I hope it'll make it into a setlist only as encore or interlude :rip:

Agreeeee.

our luck Watch her open the tour with this mess LOL…:clown:

3 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Look into people like Maggie Lindemann or Willow’s new project. They’re bringing the punk rock sound back, but incorporating it into pop music, which is quite refreshing imo.

Miley already did it & the sound is very dated - plus Shakira has dabbled with this sound since the 90s…it would just be her rehashing sounds she’s already done. She hasn’t really done much EDM/house style tracks - off the top of my head the only tracks in that vein are Ready For The Good Times (live), Las De La Intuicion, Timor, She Wolf, Men In This Town, Why Wait, Dare & Chasing Shadows - and none of them are pure EDM/house either…so at least she’s trying something new. I’m sure she’s going to have a few pop/rock and/or pop/punk tracks on the new album as she always has (all of her albums have at least one rock track).

1 minute ago, x æ a-xii said:

And to think When a Woman could've been a better option than this song.

one of her worst tracks along with mariposas :biblio: 

3 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Agreeeee.

our luck Watch her open the tour with this mess LOL…:clown:

We're safe from Me Gusta now that's completely erased from memory at least and if this has the same fate it will get GIUTM treatment.

When a woman is a BOP. One of my favorites from that album. 

I hope se doesnt waste album space with useless translations. She could easily create a cohesive album with a 1:1 ratio of English and Spanish songs. She always wants to serve 3 translations and a damn useless “remix” lmaoo wtf. 

27 minutes ago, Mick said:

one of her worst tracks along with mariposas :biblio: 

Some of you have corona and it shows

4 minutes ago, ABeyBraith said:

This is hilariously bad :deadbanana4:

See you in 2 days when you start  liking the song and change your opinion. Bye 😘 

58 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Girl shut up go create a fake Grindr or Twitter account or something. Nobody coming for you mind your ugly business. Now I was coming for everybody except her. Make up your mind sweetie. 

You seem like you’d be lovely at parties :gaycat2:

58 minutes ago, Mick said:

Miley already did it & the sound is very dated - plus Shakira has dabbled with this sound since the 90s…it would just be her rehashing sounds she’s already done. She hasn’t really done much EDM/house style tracks - off the top of my head the only tracks in that vein are Ready For The Good Times (live), Las De La Intuicion, Timor, She Wolf, Men In This Town, Why Wait, Dare & Chasing Shadows - and none of them are pure EDM/house either…so at least she’s trying something new. I’m sure she’s going to have a few pop/rock and/or pop/punk tracks on the new album as she always has (all of her albums have at least one rock track).

Sis this wasn’t about Shakira at all. You mentioned how you’re tired of pop music in general so I was giving you some examples of pop artists that I find refreshing :cm: And you are literally the first person I’ve ever heard say that Miley’s recent album sounds dated :biblio:

Edited by smoore95GAGA