Jump to content

Shakira - "Don't Wait Up"


Giancor
 Share

Recommended Posts

She is flopping, both on YT and Spotify. She usually has very strong YT numbers but this time they are tragic.

 

Cambia El Paso is more Shakira than this. J.Lo is outselling her with BOPS!

Edited by BOOM!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • QueenofCopyPaste

    53

  • Yellowfever

    53

  • LatinFreak

    59

  • Jimi

    80

16 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

She is flopping, both on YT and Spotify. She usually has very strong YT numbers but this time they are tragic.

 

Cambia El Paso is more Shakira than this. J.Lo is outselling her with BOPS!

First of all, that J.Lo song is atrocious , much like anything she's put out for the last decade and secondly, who cares and why is there a mention of this in every Shakira thread?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

 

Cambia El Paso is more Shakira than this. J.Lo is outselling her with BOPS!

Worldwide iTunes Song Chart - 2021/07/17

 

#10 Don't Wait Up [peak #7]

#99 Sin Cambiar El Flop [peak #19]

 

:monkey:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

She is flopping, both on YT and Spotify. She usually has very strong YT numbers but this time they are tragic.

 

Cambia El Paso is more Shakira than this. J.Lo is outselling her with BOPS!

Pls J.Lo is not even outselling Thalia let alone Shakira, and she has Rauw in her song who is a streaming monster atm. :monkey:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

She is flopping, both on YT and Spotify. She usually has very strong YT numbers but this time they are tragic.

 

Cambia El Paso is more Shakira than this. J.Lo is outselling her with BOPS!

Outselling of what? Don’t wait up is her 2nd biggest debut only after Clandestino. Don’t wait up is at 3.3M in 2 days while CEP is at 9.7K in 9 days. Let alone Spotify. Not to mention Shakira is never about first day/ week sales or streams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly the song and video are getting better with each listen. The sparseness of it all has stopped bothering me. This is lightyears better than Me Enamoré, and I prefer it to anything from El Dorado, except for Chantaje. But I hope the lead single will have better production and a featuring artist. It suits her style to sing with other great artists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm always here for an artist trying different sounds but this isn't the one for her, it's not bad but forgettable and it doesn't fit her

Edited by aliwonderland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mick said:

All of a sudden everyone loves She Wolf (which was bashed even more than this when it was released) & now CRTFY :juanny:

Who’s saying they like CRTFY? RIP those people’s poor ears :gaycat6:
 

As for She Wolf, that was an instant smash from what I remember. Everyone loved it. It was a cultural reset. This is good, but doesn’t feel like a cultural reset. Tropical EDM music stopped being trendy in 2017 :cm:

Edited by smoore95GAGA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lorelei said:

First of all, that J.Lo song is atrocious , much like anything she's put out for the last decade and secondly, who cares and why is there a mention of this in every Shakira thread?

Then they say we are the ones starting shyt with their entertainer… don’t even bother throwing facts… Shakira THE QUEEN OF LATIN MUSIC recognize by actual music experts not butt hurt ATRLrs REMAINS UNBOTHERED la diva del Bronx however will keep releasing monthly demos with B and C listers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a serious note gals…you know what I’ve noticed: Shakira is one of those artists who like Gaga does whatever the f*** she wants.

 

nobody in the industry wanted her because she was different. But damn how the tables turn. Today, she’s the queen of Latin music gets first dibs on everything Sony plans on releasing and she still calls the shots lol. 
 

it saddens me though her Latin public is so bi polar… always critique everything she puts out, but then they copy her: Thalia, Paulina, the entertainer who shall remain nameless. Always release something right after she does, in the same style…whether is a reggaeton with a newcomer etc SHAKIRA IN THE LATIN MARKET HAS ALWAYS DONE IT FIRST! Even if # hungry gays like it or not. Flop this flop that.. Shakira is F****g having the time of her life and is actually working with big professionals this time. 
 

I still don’t like the song but is a chill summer corny song for cookouts and nice drives. **** y’all opinions and comparing everything she does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

On a serious note gals…you know what I’ve noticed: Shakira is one of those artists who like Gaga does whatever the f*** she wants.

 

nobody in the industry wanted her because she was different. But damn how the tables turn. Today, she’s the queen of Latin music gets first dibs on everything Sony plans on releasing and she still calls the shots lol. 
 

it saddens me though her Latin public is so bi polar… always critique everything she puts out, but then they copy her: Thalia, Paulina, the entertainer who shall remain nameless. Always release something right after she does, in the same style…whether is a reggaeton with a newcomer etc SHAKIRA IN THE LATIN MARKET HAS ALWAYS DONE IT FIRST! Even if # hungry gays like it or not. Flop this flop that.. Shakira is F****g having the time of her life and is actually working with big professionals this time. 
 

I still don’t like the song but is a chill summer corny song for cookouts and nice drives. **** y’all opinions and comparing everything she does.

The funny thing is we have basically the same opinion of this song, yet you’re bashing me for committing the crime of comparing it to her other songs :coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

The funny thing is we have basically the same opinion of this song, yet you’re bashing me for committing the crime of comparing it to her other songs :coffee2:

Girl bye ain’t nobody bashing GAGA I’m praising because her and Shakira are the only artists who do whatever the hell they please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GeeDuval said:

Girl bye ain’t nobody bashing GAGA I’m praising because her and Shakira are the only artists who do whatever the hell they please. 

Sis, can you read English? I never said you were bashing Gaga, I said you’re bashing me bc I compared this song to her other songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll be bummed if it underperforms. On the other hand, Shakira should work harder on her music. She didn’t write or record anything in 2020, even though she was at home for 9+ months and has her own studio.
 

This song was created in maybe 1-3 days. There are no backing vocals, no layered musical elements. It’s pretty bare bones. Was this a stylistic choice or did she just want to finish the studio session so she could go back home? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't She Wolf underperform in the US? I loved the song but Shakira sometimes struggles for radio airplay in the U.S.

 

I actuallt love dont wait up and i dont know why lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

I’ll be bummed if it underperforms. On the other hand, Shakira should work harder on her music. She didn’t write or record anything in 2020, even though she was at home for 9+ months and has her own studio.
 

This song was created in maybe 1-3 days. There are no backing vocals, no layered musical elements. It’s pretty bare bones. Was this a stylistic choice or did she just want to finish the studio session so she could go back home? 

What is 'underperforming' for Shaki at this point though? She is a 44 year old woman. Yes she is absolutely an undeniable legend, and yes she has managed to extend her commercial success longer than most...but she is still facing the headwinds of ageism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, man***** said:

This has tik-tok potential but not really tbh. Everything about this song is just good, nothing wow or spectacular. Girl like me is so annoying but at least it has visuals and is different and creative.  The only thing i think is creative here is the lit-surf board, kinda cool but yeah ok? what are we supposed to do w/that? LOL   

 

I just hope she releases a cohesive album with all dance.  If this is the route she's taking she better commit. I cant have this then the next track is a mariachi song followed by a song featuring lil pump and then the last one is a rock song.  CMON sis. 

Aww poor thing. You definitely don’t know Shakira lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...