Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - “INDUSTRY BABY”

Michael196

its hilarious how his entire career is built solely around being a desperate meme 

any pop star could pull the sh*t he does, but they don't want to be labeled a pathetic joke who relies only on shock value and spam to stay semi-relevant. At least most of those artists have talent and abilities under the marketing and tactics, lil nas X has nothing but a cloud of smoke that, once gone, leaves you with songs we are all going to look back on and cringe 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• SIDE2SIDE

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• 99sandthe2000s

Someone is pressed that he gets another hit :zzz:

Anyways, huge debut on BB is on lock at this point. I really hope this goes #1

1 hour ago, ryoncé said:

its hilarious how his entire career is built solely around being a desperate meme 

any pop star could pull the sh*t he does, but they don't want to be labeled a pathetic joke who relies only on shock value and spam to stay semi-relevant. At least most of those artists have talent and abilities under the marketing and tactics, lil nas X has nothing but a cloud of smoke that, once gone, leaves you with songs we are all going to look back on and cringe 

The way you're so mad that he's succeeding and gaining more fans with each release. :lmao: We stan a black, queer artist reaching monumental success and keeping the lessers pressed.

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The way you're so mad that he's succeeding and gaining more fans with each release. :lmao: We stan a black, queer artist reaching monumental success and keeping the lessers pressed.

just because you are black or queer doesn't mean you are automatically talented....

im queer and i support queer artists who can sing on pitch and dont hide behind annoying antics to get the endless attention he so desperately needs, but does not deserve. 

1 minute ago, ryoncé said:

just because you are black or queer doesn't mean you are automatically talented....

im queer and i support queer artists who can sing on pitch and dont hide behind annoying antics to get the endless attention he so desperately needs, but does not deserve. 

I didn't say either of those things made him talented. That would be his visual and writing skills that do that. He may not be the best vocalist in the world, but he's still talented. He makes great music with brilliant visuals.

He deserves every success he's gotten and he's paving the way for future queer artists in media. You'll just have to stay mad.

if you want to support and see a queer musician succeed try supporting one with an ounce of talent. Here a few examples:

- MNEK

- Hayley Kiyoko

- King Princess

- Isaac Dunbar

- Ryan Beatty

- VINCINT

- Olly Alexander

- Troye Sivan

All of these artists are queer and infinitely more talented than lil nas X

Just now, MrLovett said:

I didn't say either of those things made him talented. That would be his visual and writing skills that do that. He may not be the best vocalist in the world, but he's still talented. He makes great music with brilliant visuals.

He deserves every success he's gotten and he's paving the way for future queer artists in media. You'll just have to stay mad.

Writing skills? I know you didn't just compliment the WRITING skills of the boy who made old town road, aka the most generic, uninspired song ever made. Cliche hook, lyrics, melodies, production... where is the strong writing?

Also, sure his visuals are creative but thats exactly my point. You can't be a musician who solely revolves around the visuals when being a MUSICIAN is first and foremost about the song, vocal ability and musicality.... he is taking up space and focus from other queer artists who actually have those abilities that sound be at the center of an artist 

Fine let him stay on tik tok and the inevitable onlyfans he will make when he's not popular anymore, but he should leave the musical landscape to those who actually have something of substance to contribute 

chile anyways....

the music video views have slowed down so its good timing for the uncensored version to get some extra streams for the #1 and its already got 1.3 million views in 3 hours

1 minute ago, ryoncé said:

Writing skills? I know you didn't just compliment the WRITING skills of the boy who made old town road, aka the most generic, uninspired song ever made. Cliche hook, lyrics, melodies, production... where is the strong writing?

Also, sure his visuals are creative but thats exactly my point. You can't be a musician who solely revolves around the visuals when being a MUSICIAN is first and foremost about the song, vocal ability and musicality.... he is taking up space and focus from other queer artists who actually have those abilities that sound be at the center of an artist 

Fine let him stay on tik tok and the inevitable onlyfans he will make when he's not popular anymore, but he should leave the musical landscape to those who actually have something of substance to contribute 

Of course I did. He writes fantastic songs that become huge staple songs with the public. Not everything needs to be this feat of artistic writing that can be appreciated and dissected by a group of niche music nerds. :skull: Some songs are made to be hugely popular and enjoyed by millions. If you think that's less important or skilful, then that's your problem.

I kinda live for the fact that he makes you so threatened by his success. I guess it's not just the straights who he makes insecure. :fan:

On 7/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, ryoncé said:

I guess that's why "Old Town Road" and "Montero" are brilliant pop songs with the kind of melodies and hooks that others would kill for, both of which he wrote himself

Like, calling the person who wrote the entire top-line of "Old Town Road" by himself untalented doesn't make any sense. He demonstrated his talent right there and then. Every single melody in that track is perfect, the lyrics are the kind that make it an instantly accessible, memorable pop song that other writers try to get for years. 

On 7/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, ryoncé said:

Str8 facts

On 7/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, ryoncé said:

The way that he made millions so who even cares lol? 

On 7/28/2021 at 1:41 PM, ryoncé said:

On 7/28/2021 at 3:34 PM, ryoncé said:

On 7/28/2021 at 3:38 PM, ryoncé said:

if you want to support and see a queer musician succeed try supporting one with an ounce of talent. Here a few examples:

- MNEK

- Hayley Kiyoko

- King Princess

- Isaac Dunbar

- Ryan Beatty

- VINCINT

- Olly Alexander

- Troye Sivan

All of these artists are queer and infinitely more talented than lil nas X

On 7/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, ryoncé said:

This is CLEARLY Montero himself. :rip: 

1 minute ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Predicted to be #2 with 1 point difference :rip:

This never would have happened if Monty dropped the Sam collab instead... :celestial5: 

The people who don’t like him always find themselves in his threads for some reason. It’s the logic for me. :gaycat6:

Anyway, song is a banger, video is amazing, and I’m hoping it goes number one. :gaycatina1:

• #FreeBritney Activist

Why did Jack equal billing here when it's clear he's just a feature? Maybe a condition in the agreement but okay

20 minutes ago, Yog said:

This never would have happened if Monty dropped the Sam collab instead... :celestial5: 

I’m hoping the Sam feature is the Fall/Winter single and end with a Grammy performance :clap3: it would really make for a flawless era 

20 minutes ago, SinterFold_ said:

I’m hoping the Sam feature is the Fall/Winter single and end with a Grammy performance :clap3: it would really make for a flawless era 

And perhaps an Pop Duo nod, since it’s definitely not gonna drop in time for deadline 

Edited by Yog

6 minutes ago, Yog said:

And perhaps an funny Pop Duo nod, since it’s definitely not gonna drop in time for deadline 

The single would definitely be a change of pace after two controversial releases. It could also be a moment to prove himself as an artist as most people label him as a desperate gimmick/meme artist. With that being said he teamed up with the right artist to provide a nice change of pace!