Jump to content

Kim Petras - “Future Starts Now”


GardenPanty
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Topaz said:

She better remake and release Push Push Push

A SMASH! I was so sure she was gonna do it when she released Malibu, it would have fit so well with that retro-sounding pop style she was going for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Lvl8Treeko

    61

  • Alfred

    110

  • Bicassie

    116

  • M-P-B

    54

32 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

A SMASH! I was so sure she was gonna do it when she released Malibu, it would have fit so well with that retro-sounding pop style she was going for.

 

 

Woulda been perfect to release this during 2019/2020 I think even 2021 this sounds a smash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked the songs out there so far but honestly none of them comes close to what she already did.

FSN is classic Kim, took me a while to fully like it but i enjoy it now. The best one so far. Je t'adore is cute but sounds like a random outtake and the production is cheap. Your Turn to Cry is literally an Ava Max song.

 

Kim and Luke are the dream team but i would like to see her working with other pop producers like Ian Kirkpatrick, Mattman & Robin, The Monsters and the Strangerz, Steve Mac... they did so many songs together already, it would be fun for her to explore new sounds with other people.

 

If the next single also doesn't do anything on the charts i think Republic will send her back to the drawing board and she'll be doing more songs for the record. They need to step up on her promotional schedule and playlisting exposure though.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

If the next single also doesn't do anything on the charts i think Republic will send her back to the drawing board and she'll be doing more songs for the record. They need to step up on her promotional schedule and playlisting exposure though.

 

 

From what her label said (posted somewhere in this thread) it doesn't seem like they expect her to churn out top 10 hits, they just want her to keep doing her thing and give her a little spotlight, a push here and there so she keeps building her following but they won't shut her down if she doesn't go mainstream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

From what her label said (posted somewhere in this thread) it doesn't seem like they expect her to churn out top 10 hits, they just want her to keep doing her thing and give her a little spotlight, a push here and there so she keeps building her following but they won't shut her down if she doesn't go mainstream.

yea . she said on a live that they love what she’s been doing with her career so far, they just want to assist in getting her name out there and expand her fan base.  she has creative control and they actually encouraged her to put out FSN first knowing it’s a longer track and knowing that there are “sure fire hits” on the record . The album is done already , they’ve heard it and clearly it was good enough to sign her.  Republic seems to be very supportive of her ! She was also independent for about 4 years, I’m sure she worked out a deal to avoid a Normani, Bebe rexha situation before signing . 

Edited by Lvl8Treeko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

I liked the songs out there so far but honestly none of them comes close to what she already did.

FSN is classic Kim, took me a while to fully like it but i enjoy it now. The best one so far. Je t'adore is cute but sounds like a random outtake and the production is cheap. Your Turn to Cry is literally an Ava Max song.

I believe the leaked Je T’Adore was a demo version of the song that has been circulating along with a demo version of FSN (that i actually heard and could def tell a difference) and not the final mastered version that will be released .  Also Your Turn To Cry is most def an oooold ass song made before she worked with Luke, it has the same sound and vocal style as all her old stuff !  i have no doubt the the album will be polished pop perfection :smitten:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, ThehushSound said:

Vaughn Oliver is such a talented producer! In my honest opinion I think luke gets to much credit when it comes to TOTL. I feel like its Oliver's  ear for production that really makes the album really pop, especially the instrumental interludes! 

I don’t think Luke gets too much credit, I think people are dumb and don’t realize that Vaughn has produced her stuff and they wanna just focus on the BS clickbait stuff. People more than have it in their power to shift the conversation and do what you did, recognizing Vaughn Oliver because I agree, his touch is way more on TOTL than Luke. 
 

it’s time for fans to get a little more intuitive and use their critical thinking skills. I swear some of you in this thread are like Gen-Z ADHD TikTok users who simply don’t appreciate quality music. Bye 

 

13 hours ago, Tistotal said:

I really like this song, my only complaint is that it's maybe too long

I like so much this edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FS2ErVnwPc

 

can't wait for the mv

 

What is this mess? Please stop tainting this thread with this awful fan made trash. 
 

The original song is just fine as it is and I wish it was even longer. F out of here with y’alls complaining about the length. You’re so basic it hurts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Um so someone uploaded the “final” version of YTTC :lakitu:

It sounds like a fan edit ngl :zzz:

lolllll that “final” version is the same as the other version that leaked, kim would never release the song in that state buhbye

 

also mess, i got your time to cry mixed up with that other old song that leaked “die trying”:skull:  your time to cry sounds like it could be more recent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

Ugh I'm sorry to announce but this song is a huge grower and is ESSENTIAL Kim. At first it seemed a bit generic but I've come to realise... It's so damn good. It's literally on another level. The future really did start the second this dropped. Also she OBLITERATED the VMA performance. Our little baby has become such a big industry threat. One of the best dressed at the MET, slaying the VMAs, dropping singles so fresh and hot they'll scald ya. Queen. :jonny5:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Ugh I'm sorry to announce but this song is a huge grower and is ESSENTIAL Kim. At first it seemed a bit generic but I've come to realise... It's so damn good. It's literally on another level. The future really did start the second this dropped. Also she OBLITERATED the VMA performance. Our little baby has become such a big industry threat. One of the best dressed at the MET, slaying the VMAs, dropping singles so fresh and hot they'll scald ya. Queen. :jonny5:

:clap3::clap3::clap3: Facts are facts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like she hyped up this song and the era too much all summer, then it dropped and she did the VMA performance and now nothing since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the video dropping now is kinda random. Hope its good. Her videography is really weak and the only one I like to and extent is ICY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Yeah the video dropping now is kinda random. Hope its good. Her videography is really weak and the only one I like to and extent is ICY

She was an indipendent artist, making videos is some of the most expensive part of being a pop artist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the MV doesn't drop it shouldn't matter. Although I bet it would've been an epic video. I was never a Kim Petras fan, but this song is making me want to check out the rest of her discography, if its like this song or on similar veins I bet I'm in for a treat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AllyBunny said:

If the MV doesn't drop it shouldn't matter. Although I bet it would've been an epic video. I was never a Kim Petras fan, but this song is making me want to check out the rest of her discography, if its like this song or on similar veins I bet I'm in for a treat.

Sis, you're not ready for her discography then. A song like this one is just the tip of the whole iceberg of pop perfection Kim's discography is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AllyBunny said:

If the MV doesn't drop it shouldn't matter. Although I bet it would've been an epic video. I was never a Kim Petras fan, but this song is making me want to check out the rest of her discography, if its like this song or on similar veins I bet I'm in for a treat.

There you go this is her best song

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Sis, you're not ready for her discography then. A song like this one is just the tip of the whole iceberg of pop perfection Kim's discography is.

This. Have fun listening to flawless bops @AllyBunny!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Sis, you're not ready for her discography then. A song like this one is just the tip of the whole iceberg of pop perfection Kim's discography is.

Probably not ready for her whole discography no, but I can see myself being blown away by her.

4 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

There you go this is her best song

 

Oh my...where have I been this is amazeballs! 

1 minute ago, jxxking said:

This. Have fun listening to flawless bops @AllyBunny!

I will be, Loving Malibu currently :jonny5:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AllyBunny said:

Probably not ready for her whole discography no, but I can see myself being blown away by her.

I wanna be you and re-experience the first time I've ever listened to Close Your Eyes in my life, it was like I forgot to be gay for 4 minutes and then I had to come out again with the whole world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...