• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J-esper

• rta1913

• The Next Day

• computer.boy

i used to love them back in 2013-2014 but seems like they're just getting less interesting album by album

Predicted to debut at #11. 

I don’t understand how this era bombed so hard, I mean it’s not my favorite album but I don’t think they deserved to flop this hard 😭

14 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

Predicted to debut at #11. 

I don’t understand how this era bombed so hard, I mean it’s not my favorite album but I don’t think they deserved to flop this hard 😭

Both them and OneRepublic debuting #11 is so sad to see :jonnycat:

40 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Both them and OneRepublic debuting #11 is so sad to see :jonnycat:

And yet Maroon 5 was able to score a top 10 album. I hate it here 

I usually listen to new albums on release day but I didn't even bother with this one... The first 2 tracks lowkey had me convinced that this would be nice & better than expected :frown: It's pretty much on par with Origins I guess. Hopefully next time they'll come back with quality?

i’ve been a huge stan of them since 2012 but this album just did nothing for me. i disliked both leads so much i think i’ve played them each maybe 3 times? wrecked was great but overall the album was uninspired and boring. i even liked some songs on origins but i think wrecked is the only song i use from this. 

Yeah, I didn't like this, I was literally fighting the urge to fall asleep during some of these songs, there isn't a single song on this album that I would like to hear again, which is a shame because I really liked their first few albums, Origins was kind of a let down but this album is by far their most uninteresting release to date, a lot of the songs seemed cheesy to me, and some even sounded like a parody of the band :skull:

This quote on Wikipedia is still a huge kii for me:

The band enlisted Rick Rubin as the album’s executive producer, whom Reynolds credited with pushing him to be less metaphorical lyrically and embrace the more “uncomfortable” aspects of songs:

"Rick reminded me that over the last decade my fans have grown up with me. They not only want to grow with me, but they expected it. He told me to never worry about pushing them in uncomfortable ways. And that I really would be doing them a disservice if I ever tried to re-create the past or sugarcoat the present. I owe them vulnerability and honesty only."

Which makes sense for songs like Wrecked, My Life or even Follow You. But then there are also the worst lyrics Dan has ever written and to think that's partly because Rick told him to dumb down his writing is just...

C6TeBy5.gif

Imagine how different would be this era with Lonely as the first single. That song is A BOP. 

I don’t care if this album flops. They still have more than 40 millions monthly listeners on Spotify (one of the 3 most listened bands in the planet). 

For me the album it’s a 75/100. Only 4 songs I didn’t like. The rest… i really enjoyed it. 

On 9/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, LanaXtinaFan said:

Lonely and Monday are standouts for me so far

This. Lonely is my favourite. I wish I could write that. Love “No Time for Toxic People” too