• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J-esper

• rta1913

• The Next Day

• computer.boy

ID album arts always were serving, but this looks kinda bad in comparison to the others :katie: The songs so far were boring to me as well, I sadly don't have high hopes for this. :doc:

I might be one of the only ones who doesn't like chapters/acts when it comes to albums. There is never a guarantee that a second chapter/act will follow (like some artists have shown over the years even though I cannot remember any of them lol) and there's no need for a "act 1" or "chapter 1" unless a second act or chapter is already out.

Artists should confirm at least that a second chapter/act will be out in 2022 or something like that just to get some confirmation. You would think the fact it's "act 1" would be confirmation but it's not lol.

I don't follow them at all anymore, but one thing I LOVED was their beautiful covers - both the imagery itself as well as the consistency across all 4. 

The **** is this cover :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, schnetzka said:

I might be one of the only ones who doesn't like chapters/acts when it comes to albums. There is never a guarantee that a second chapter/act will follow (like some artists have shown over the years even though I cannot remember any of them lol) and there's no need for a "act 1" or "chapter 1" unless a second act or chapter is already out.

Artists should confirm at least that a second chapter/act will be out in 2022 or something like that just to get some confirmation. You would think the fact it's "act 1" would be confirmation but it's not lol.

Like ARTPOP Act 2 and Miley's She Is Coming / Here / Everything, right? 

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I don't follow them at all anymore, but one thing I LOVED was their beautiful covers - both the imagery itself as well as the consistency across all 4. 

The **** is this cover :deadbanana2:

Their covers were so pretty... I hope the cover that unites all the acts / the cover for the next acts will be better.

OT: hyped! Does anyone know if this will include Follow You and Cutthroat?

57 minutes ago, dooart said:

OT: hyped! Does anyone know if this will include Follow You and Cutthroat?

03. Wrecked.

10. Follow You.

11. Cutthroat.

50 minutes ago, computer.boy said:

03. Wrecked.

10. Follow You.

11. Cutthroat.

thank you! :) 

Dan did say the album will have 2 sides.

One more like Follow You and the other one more like Cutthroat.

So maybe this is why the "Act 1"?

Messy title and cover. Doesn't bode well to call something 'Act 1/Vol. 1/etc' unless it's a Oral Fixation type situation with a clear logical divide (Spanish/English in that case). It's telling the public that the project is incomplete. Why not just release a double album all together?

They usually have great covers and this looks like it's a coaster. The straight lines above/below to the text are ugly.

Also planets/space themes are so overdone at this point. We're also getting a whole Coldplay album like that later this year (although with Higher Power flopping who knows what's going on there). 

I'll be streaming since Follow You and Cutthroat were nice, but this cover is by far their worst :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Shazbaz13 said:

loving ‚ÄúWrecked‚ÄĚ

It's out?

Posted (edited)

I knew this cover was familiar but I've only discovered why now, even the font is the same :rip:

The Butterfly Package

Not that Coldplay invented gold textures and the Albertus MT font though :gaycat2:

It's clearly a rip-off, 3lectr1c chair to Dan Reynolds

Edited by gustavothehuman

Yeah the cover is kind of a let down but excited for this. Absolutely loved Follow You and Cutthroat. Let's see about Wrecked...

Also can we change the thread to an album thread @MariaAndreea?    Imagine Dragons - 'Mercury - Act 1'

Wow. Wrecked impressed me. Best Imagine Dragons song I ever heard tbh. The lyrics are good too.

https://i.imgur.com/ik69VNy.gif

Wrecked is incredible. Possibly their best song in years. 

Perched for the album now.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Loveeeee Wrecked. Whew! The reassurance I received about this album.

3 hours ago, computer.boy said:

Beautiful Day is pretty cute - fun, same vein as Follow You.

Next song to be out?

• 1 month later...

Tracklist:

Spoiler

01. My Life.

02. Lonely.

03. Wrecked.

04. Monday.

05. #1.

06. Easy Come Easy Go.

07. Giants.

08. It's Okay.