UK: Taylor's Red 772K, IKYWT 1.4M, WANGBT 1.1M, 22 627K

Hector

taylorswift_redpress.jpeg?width=796&mode=stretch

The numbers back Red's ambition up too. At the time of writing, the album's total chart sales amount to 772,000 copies. Broken down, that's 397,000 physical copies, 222,000 downloads and 153,000 streaming equivalent albums. Red also debuted atop the Official Albums Chart, becoming Taylor's first-ever UK Number 1 album and the first in a still unbroken run of seven chart-topping LPs. To date, Madonna (12) and Kylie Minogue (8) are the only female artists with more. 

Red also has the honour of having the most UK Top 10 singles out of any Taylor Swift album. Four tracks in total - I Knew You Were Trouble (2), We Are Never... (4), Everything Has Changed (7) and 22 (9) - reached the Top 10, which is more than 1989 and Folklore, which had three each.

By and far the most popular track from Red is I Knew You Were Trouble - a synth-pop outlier with elements of EDM that became (at the time) Taylor's highest-charting entry on the Official Singles Chart at Number 2, equalling the peak of Love Story a few years earlier. Overall, it's amassed combined chart sales of 1.4 million, including 56 million streams and 879,000 downloads.

Following in its wake is the quirky lead single We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, the first song in a fruitful partnership with production wizards Max Martin and Shellback. We Are Never... boasts combined chart sales of 1.1 million and is also the most-streamed video of the Red era with 5.3 million total views.

Closely behind is Everything Has Changed, a collaboration with friend and contemporary Ed Sheeran with chart sales of 769k, including 45.1 million combined streams. In fourth place is the perky 22 with total chart sales of 627k, backed up by 34.1 million combined streams, and the juddering title track comes in fifth, amassing 242k combined chart sales and 18.1 million streams in total. 

The album's Top 10 biggest tracks also include fan-favourite All Too Well (145k), dreamy promo single Begin Again (114k), and The Last Time with Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody (108k).

The biggest songs from Taylor Swift's Red in Official Chart sales order

POS TITLE
1 I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE
2 WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
3 EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED
4 22
5 RED
6 ALL TOO WELL
7 BEGIN AGAIN
8 THE LAST TIME
9 STATE OF GRACE
10 TREACHEROUS
11 STAY STAY STAY
12 I ALMOST DO
13 HOLY GROUND
14 STARLIGHT
15 COME BACK... BE HERE
16 SAD BEAUTIFUL TRAGIC
17 THE LUCKY ONE
18 THE MOMENT I KNEW
19 GIRL AT HOME

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-biggest-hits-and-chart-legacy-of-taylor-swifts-red-ahead-of-its-rerelease__33407/

Come Back.. Be Here putting the other bonus tracks to shame. Incredible numbers from her best era :clap3:

surprised to see EIC above 22. The former feels pretty forgotten whereas 22 is referenced all the time here

Begin Again deserves to be higher. 

Her second biggest era in the UK, behind 1989. 

WANEGBT is really coming for 2x Platinum. Smash!

The Last Time being a promoted UK single finishing 8th :bibliahh:

BA deserved better but I don't think it was released as single there.

2 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

BA deserved better but I don't think it was released as single there.

It wasn't. WANEGBT, IKYWT, 22, EHC, & TLT were the only singles there. Begin Again & Red were US only.

OT: Hopefully WANEGBT will get to multi-platinum status by the end of this year, and the album will go 3× platinum in the next five years. Smash era!

girl at home in its rightful place :clap3:

but how is holy ground that low??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.