• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• FallingFromCloud9

• Gork

• GabeInPolaroids

If Adele releases 2 weeks before her, I hope she blocks her tbh. If that means better handling of the rerecordings then, we can sacrifice the chart positions. As long as the mini-eras these rerecordings have are planned accordingly with actual promotions, then so be it. 

Edited by ronelmaano13

3 minutes ago, ronelmaano13 said:

If Adele releases 2 weeks before her, I hope she blocks her tbh. 

At this point Adele is releasing with barely any lead up either. It’s not like Taylor or her team could plan in advance of something that hasn’t been officially announced. If she blocks Taylor, there is nothing for Taylor to learn from this situation. Adele is too powerful no matter what. The only reason you’re complaining now is because we are expecting it to drop in Adele’s third week. If it was Adele’s first week we would all just accept she’s not getting #1. So why complain now? For all we know Adele’s album is coming the same week and Taylor would lose anyways. Without a date from Adele the complaining is useless

• #FreeBritney Activist

I need State of Grace, Starlight, and Holy Ground ASAP :jonny5: even WANEGBT or Trouble would be more than perfect at this point

Sales climate has changed dramatically since 2017, it's unlikely she will get blocked by Adele tho. I expect Red TV will open with 400k min, will be even higher if she cares to promote and most vault tracks worth the hype.

3 minutes ago, Bryan Spears said:

I need State of Grace, Starlight, and Holy Ground ASAP :jonny5: even WANEGBT or Trouble would be more than perfect at this point

please TayLord, we just want some crumbs :jonny5:

savannah-chrisley-julie-chrisley.gif

We are likely getting the lead next Friday. Autumn starts on Sep 22nd (a Wednesday) and that date coincidentally adds up to 13 so I expect some kind of announcement by then. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

Unless she and Adele release on the same day (highly unlikely), she’s not getting blocked. 

However, I am believing more and more that 1989 was supposed to be out this summer but got delayed for reasons we obviously don’t know. The clues, the Easter eggs, even the random merch, were all there. Naturally, she moved onto Red, which more than likely was always going to be the fall re-release. I imagine Red would’ve been announced towards the end of August had everything went as planned, which would’ve made its November release a “normal” cycle. It seems like she announced it early to give fans at least something. 

14 hours ago, 1989 said:

Unless she and Adele release on the same day (highly unlikely), she’s not getting blocked. 

However, I am believing more and more that 1989 was supposed to be out this summer but got delayed for reasons we obviously don’t know. The clues, the Easter eggs, even the random merch, were all there. Naturally, she moved onto Red, which more than likely was always going to be the fall re-release. I imagine Red would’ve been announced towards the end of August had everything went as planned, which would’ve made its November release a “normal” cycle. It seems like she announced it early to give fans at least something. 

This. The random drop of WD TV on a horse movie isn't just random. Maybe the rumor about the producer pertains to Max Martin, and she's now trying to rerecord his songs with other producers hence the sudden delay and sudden announcement of Red TV. Idk, nothing is random for Taylor because she plans everything. 

Sorry, I've been seeing a lot of discussions here about Adele's release. Have we got any confirmation that she will release something at the same time as Red? 

18 minutes ago, JasonGosling said:

Sorry, I've been seeing a lot of discussions here about Adele's release. Have we got any confirmation that she will release something at the same time as Red? 

Apparently, an credible insider confimed that Adele will release her new album on November 5th, so Red is going against its 3rd selling week.

Honestly if I was Adele I would probably just release on November 19 and block Taylors first week, because the next few weeks after that would be in the bag. Taylor’s the only one that could challenge her, so if she just releases the same day then she will have the number one for 3+ weeks (since theres no way Taylor’s beating week 1 or having any kind of hold the second week)

Why is Apple using the RED font for the new iPhone and why one color called Starlight? :eli:

Our Chromatica era upon us :clownny:

On 9/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, youreyesgocold said:

there is nothing for Taylor to learn from this situation.

Maybe not "holding" the release for 5 months? Maybe not waiting 3 months (or more, at this point who knows) to release a lead single? I'm not even concerned about Adele coming because, indeed, no one would know (but I think people from her team, would have an estimate date to work on). I'm concerned about how we have zero promotions from an album announced with 5 months in advance from a project that was supposed to make the original less profitable. Why on Earth she didn't release a single yet? It's not new her new voice in old tracks. It's not new any single she would release first (considering shw wouldn't release a vault track first). It just doesn't make any sense. Somehow I'm worried about the block because we think Adele may be huge, but at this point we can't be sure, it's another time, we're on a pandemic, and Taylor has vinyls coming together (maybe Adele too, but who know). One or two single could at least help gain more streams and more interest on the project during these 5 months.

Edited by GabeInPolaroids

On 9/11/2021 at 11:50 PM, Taylor fanboy said:

Red will top BB200 even against Adele with EASE or any other artist in competition starting 19th November.

Second week is a different topic to discuss but first week is in the bag.

It’s Red for crissakes. THE Red. The fanbase, critics, and GP are all onboard.

how delusional could you be:rip: luckily this is her base otherwise you would just be setting her up

She should quote RT this, thank Rolling Stone and say "The 10 minute version of All Too Well comes out on x/x." :allears:

People need to calm down :rip:. She doesn’t owe us anything, she already said we’ll be getting Red on November 19th. Clearly she doesn’t want to promote these albums, so we should just wait to get them and maybe she’ll give us a song or two.

30 minutes ago, Ramona16 said:

She doesn’t owe us anything

Can we please stop using this card? We are her fans. We love her and her work. We're not poiting a gun at her face saying YOU OWN US THIS AND THAT we're just discussing, it's the preorgative of being a singer (specially with a passionate fanbvase). It's so blindly narrow to sum everything in "she doesnt own us anything".

Its definitely coming this month, then another promotional song in october and early november then the album. I MEAN it's time to give us a real taste tbh.

2 hours ago, hungrymuffin said:

how delusional could you be:rip: luckily this is her base otherwise you would just be setting her up

Huh? I’m not the only one who agrees that Red CAN compete with Adele’s third week. :rip:

Most are predicting north of 300K, some even north of 400K. What’s this sudden outburst and gatekeeping?

38 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Huh? I’m not the only one who agrees that Red CAN compete with Adele’s third week. :rip:

Most are predicting north of 300K, some even north of 400K. What’s this sudden outburst and gatekeeping?

mess my bad i thought you were talking about first week:rip: but based on 25 and with taylor releasing too much these 2-3 years i dont think she can compete with adeles 3rd week

Ă—
Ă—