Taylor Swift - 'Red (Taylor's Version)'

BlackJesus

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

I really do wonder how these collaborations work, I mean does HAIM just walk into the studio and discuss it? And Taylor is like "so here you whisper into the mic, and we'll put your vocals way into the background, it's really my song" and they just go "okay, sounds good"?

the idea of this is sending me :rip:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Cruel Summer

• Gork

• GabeInPolaroids

Yeah i do feel like Taylor hates being overshined by another female singer... especially since in the singing department there are loads of singers that have more beautiful voices but Taylor really is a songwriter above everthing else and when she sings you feel it more cuz she wrote the damn song :coffee:

8 hours ago, Dephira said:

I really do wonder how these collaborations work, I mean does HAIM just walk into the studio and discuss it? And Taylor is like "so here you whisper into the mic, and we'll put your vocals way into the background, it's really my song" and they just go "okay, sounds good"?

the way I see it actually going just like that :skull: 

All Too Well is a fascinating part of pop culture at this point. People still coming around to it a decade later and its critical acclaim only increasing as time goes on (with the recent #69 all-time ranking by Rolling Stone being its peak so far). I wonder if the rerecording and the extended/original version will cause it to see even more retrospective acclaim. It may not be my personal #1 Taylor song, but it’s certainly the centerpiece of her career and of how she’s perceived as an artist.

Edited by Cruel Summer

Remember when she released four promo singles a month before OG Red? I hope she does that again starting October 22nd

1. October 22nd: All too Well TV

2. October 29th: Vault Track

3. November 5th: IKYWT TV

4. November 12th: Vault Track 

5. November 19th: Red TV

wishful thinking lmao

Edited by swiftie13

5 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

Remember when she released four promo singles a month before OG Red? I hope she does that again starting October 22nd

1. October 22nd: All too Well TV

2. October 29th: Vault Track

3. November 5th: IKYWT TV

4. November 12th: Vault Track 

5. November 19th: Red TV

wishful thinking lmao

Unfortunately, it seems like one of the promo singles will be 22. One of her worst songs. She should’ve promoted a better song preview. 

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

If ATW is a single Swifties really must organize a BTS style buying campaign. It would be so iconic for it to go #1.

Couldn’t even make 10 Years of Speak Now a Twitter trend. :zzz:

The fanbase has become so massive and diverse to align in one common goal imo

15 hours ago, Dephira said:

:bibliahh: The Dixie Chicks convo had to go quite similarly "So honestly my mom is a huge fan of you guys and I think you should really be on the chorus, BUT like...underneath the chorus. Just like how you guys came and pulled the rug out underneath the men in country" and there was just an awkwardly resounding "oh wow yes!" before she glimpsed over at Jack, eyes glazed, lips pursed, "ok give us a nashville-like guitar cord"

15 hours ago, Dephira said:

11 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

:bibliahh: The Dixie Chicks convo had to go quite similarly "So honestly my mom is a huge fan of you guys and I think you should really be on the chorus, BUT like...underneath the chorus. Just like how you guys came and pulled the rug out underneath the men in country" and there was just an awkwardly resounding "oh wow yes!" before she glimpsed over at Jack, eyes glazed, lips pursed, "ok give us a nashville-like guitar cord"

:bibliahh:

Please keep it going:

Colbie Caillat on Breathe

Maren Morris on You All Over Me

James Reynolds on Gorgeous

Imogen Heap on Clean

:bibliahh:

Ms. Phoebe didn’t even acknowledge the announcement of the track list, I believe.

A new female background vocal is upon us. :ahh:

38 minutes ago, taylordswift13 said:

If Adele is really releasing November 19th, do you think Taylor will rush release or delay Red TV? 

might as well drop it a week early. there is a reliable guy called Chris on Pulse Music Board saying that Adele's single Oct 15 and album nov 19. i think Adele might want Nov 5, bcuz 5 is her favorite number and I think they are friends with Taylor, but her label Sony probably really wants those big sales from the first week and then going into black Friday.

22 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Ms. Phoebe didn’t even acknowledge the announcement of the track list, I believe.

She did, she posted about it on her insta.

Just now, Ramona16 said:

She did, she posted about it on her insta.

Thanks for the update! :hug:

Could she be Taylor’s first and true female collab?

We shall see.

59 minutes ago, taylordswift13 said:

If Adele is really releasing November 19th, do you think Taylor will rush release or delay Red TV? 

I feel like she's too stubborn and proud to show weakness. I also think she would take it personally since she's had that date for so long and her and Adele are atleast friendly with each other, not that she would ever say anything though.

1 hour ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I feel like she's too stubborn and proud to show weakness. I also think she would take it personally since she's had that date for so long and her and Adele are atleast friendly with each other, not that she would ever say anything though.

Right like Taylor has had that date for 5 months 

and it’s like why does Adele want that date

nov 5 seems so good for her 

2 hours ago, mypaintoyou said:

Right like Taylor has had that date for 5 months 

and it’s like why does Adele want that date

nov 5 seems so good for her 

Honestly. It’s Taylor’s fault for choosing to release RED that late when she could’ve just released the entire thing this month or next month. 

I honestly don’t like Phoebe Bridgers, but I also don’t really care if she’s on a Red vault track either. :michael:

Also, regarding the potential Taylor vs Adele, do we really know what Adele will do on streaming these days? I like Adele and have been perched for the new album, but it’s been 6 years. She’ll no doubt do huge numbers in physical sales, but she’s never been tested in the steaming era before. Swifties are insane when it comes to streaming, it might be closer than we think. 

It won't be close whatsoever, best case scenario for Taylor would be 500K and even that would be amazing, Adele will clear that with ease, I would say she might even be the favorite if she releases the week before and it's her 2nd week vs. Red's first. I feel like if they release on the same day Taylor would be lucky to get 1 song inside the Top 10 on Spotify.

35 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

It won't be close whatsoever, best case scenario for Taylor would be 500K and even that would be amazing, Adele will clear that with ease, I would say she might even be the favorite if she releases the week before and it's her 2nd week vs. Red's first. I feel like if they release on the same day Taylor would be lucky to get 1 song inside the Top 10 on Spotify.

Yep totally agree... i meann adele is ADELE. Her name recognition alone and the fact she is the best-selling album artist of the last decade.