• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• josesuxx

• aliciavikanders

• Beyonnaise

• Billionaire

42 minutes ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Do y‘all think she‘s going to top her debut?

If it's produced by Jack and it follows the vein of Blouse then it's not. She needed to keep the work with Rostam or work with interesting producers like Wayne Coyne, Michael Angelakos or even Ariel Reitschald

Omg is anybody getting merch???

https://clairo.com/collections/merch

I'm surprised she's going down the route of announcing the album right after the first single, and also that the album is coming soon. I would have expected her to do the "throw 4 singles at the wall for 6+ months before announcing an album" approach lmao but I guess everyone's rushing and been waiting to release for summer.

Anyway the single's nice, not sure how much I like it yet because it's generally what I would have expected a Clairo x Jack song to be. Need more listens.

5 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

I think production wise I’ll be missing Rostam’s grittiness but it might surprise. She’s got a knack for really pretty melodies.

41 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I'm surprised she's going down the route of announcing the album right after the first single, and also that the album is coming soon. I would have expected her to do the "throw 4 singles at the wall for 6+ months before announcing an album" approach lmao but I guess everyone's rushing and been waiting to release for summer.

Anyway the single's nice, not sure how much I like it yet because it's generally what I would have expected a Clairo x Jack song to be. Need more listens.

Pretty sure she did the same with her debut. I love a quick turnaround from 1st single to album shes not expecting hits so doesn't really matter

Blouse is pretty but please no more Jack :dancehall2: I always loved that Clairo's songs have fresh interesting production and Jack is pretty much the opposite

8 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Yes. 

Immunity was great but had 1 or 2 filler (don’t fight me on this :mandown:). This first single sounds like a much more mature direction, and the melodies and harmonies are so gorgeous. I think an album about her dog and domesticity (as she kind of suggested on Instagram) would also suit her songwriting more. 

My guess with Clairo is she’ll continue to explore more pop and synth stuff in collabs and Shelly, but in terms of her solo project, she’s gone completely the other way. There definitely won’t be a ‘Sofia’ here, lmao

6 hours ago, yonka said:

No. 

Kii right?! I would preorder the vinyl but imma need to hear the rest of the album cause that lead single is not it. :thing:

Right? Jack is so monotonous it's CRAZY. He's left a stain on a lot of my fave's discographies:ace:

Anyways, her merch is very beautiful and VERY reasonably priced. I might get something but where are there no long sleeve ****? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Delirious

• 2 weeks later...

acrxtcjc75671.jpg?auto=webp&s=014b33b5e3

Newsletter she posted talking about the meaning of Blouse and what the album is centered on. It made me realize, I think a big reason a lot of women work with Jack is because they feel comfortable around him compared to bad experiences they’ve had with other industry men – Taylor, Lana and Lorde have all said something to the effect of this. It’s good Claire is delving more into that and other things she dealt with on the album, I knew it would be deeper than just “songs about her dog”.

• 2 weeks later...

'Blouse' has me so excited I really wasn't expecting this direction from her...do we know if we're getting any other tracks before the release??

Pretty intriguing how it’s out in two weeks but we don’t know anything about how it sounds outside of Blouse.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, Beyonnaise said:

Pretty intriguing how it’s out in two weeks but we don’t know anything about how it sounds outside of Blouse.

She posted the tracklist today:

2 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

:jonny5: These seem Joni'd, a classic is coming

6 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

:jonny5:

Didn’t realize it comes out next week :skull: How exciting.

Now this is an interesting tracklist, quite excited which topics are hidden behind these titles. Can't believe we are already getting it next week omg. Blouse still makes me so emotional.