• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• CosTaSsSs

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

This video needs to be played on every music channel :WAP:

5 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

I hope they add her to Viva Latino this week with a great placement among other playlists. And I don't think these are horrible numbers either. There's so many things that people seem to miss:

- She's nearly 52 years old

- Industry is ageist

- Subpar playlisting

- No performances

- Spanish record

- Rushed release

- Light promo

We should be happy that this is doing moderately well compared to some of the previous releases that were dead upon arrival. Atleast it shows that there's still some interest here. Sure, maybe it's not to her "J.Lo" days standards, but at 52 I'll take this. She just needs a bigger push from Sony Music Latin.

YouTube 20 Trending

Today's ranking of the hottest songs on YouTube

United States #16

Bolivia #18

Canada #16

Chile #19

Colombia #20

Costa Rica #17 

Ecuador #16

Guatemala #17

Honduras #18

Hungary #19

Netherlands #17

Nicaragua #17

Panama #10

Spain #13

Ukraine #18

Got these off the YouTube Music charts. I pulled them for each country.

*On Kworb, Puerto Rico is showing YouTube #19. Apparently, that chart is based on the Top 20 most streamed songs from the passed two days.

I'm not expecting wonders from her anymore, the song is indeed doing more than fine. When was the last time she had been so stable with a song? lol I just find it incredible naive by her team or her to believe that they can catch hits in the way they used to. Just let this woman record music she loves and put out an album without caring about the charts anymore. 

2 hours ago, Mokichi said:

I'm shook at this still charting on Apple Music US :eek:

Apple Music:

#34 Spain (+1)

#133 Switzerland (+43)

#195 Mexico (-20)

#220 Italy (+6)

#324 Russia (-28)

#337 Austria (-21)

#354 Germany (-1)

#930 United States (-73)

It has been very stable and with literally zero promo other than the music video and apple music playlists, it's doing fine! 

She needs to promote it! Any promo scheduled?

27 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

She needs to promote it! Any promo scheduled?

We assume that they are going to include her in big playlists on Spotify tommorow such as Viva Latino since they posted about the single on their IG account a week ago and it was the same strategy with Pa Ti (it was released and one week later it was added to big playlists). Hopefully our assumption is not gonna be wrong. lol

However with all this poor playlisting it has, it has managed to be stable on Apple Music and kinda on iTunes. I'm still amazed as usually with her singles we would have said already goodbye. lol  This only shows that people actually care for the song, but her team really needs to promote it as it cannot hold on its own for a long time. 

1 minute ago, CosTaSsSs said:

We assume that they are going to include her in big playlists on Spotify tommorow such as Viva Latino since they posted about the single on their IG account a week ago and it was the same strategy with Pa Ti (it was released and one week later it was added to big playlists). Hopefully our assumption is not gonna be wrong. lol

However with all this poor playlisting it has, it has managed to be stable on Apple Music and kinda on iTunes. I'm still amazed as usually with her singles we would have said already goodbye. lol  This only shows that people actually care for the song, but her team really needs to promote it as it cannot hold on its own for a long time. 

I agree! Hopefully they see its potential and start to push it and exposure it more in big playlists. We need more dance challenges or whatever what's trendy rn, lol. Also, two promos on tv would be cute :fan: 

50 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

I agree! Hopefully they see its potential and start to push it and exposure it more in big playlists. We need more dance challenges or whatever what's trendy rn, lol. Also, two promos on tv would be cute :fan: 

Ok.. well now we can panic safely as it was not included on Viva Latino, zero promo planned so we are.. doomed!! First In The Morning showing the potential and handling it all wrong and now this.

WHEN WILL IT STOP?

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Ok.. well now we can panic safely as it was not included on Viva Latino, zero promo planned so we are.. doomed!! First In The Morning showing the potential and handling it all wrong and now this.

WHEN WILL IT STOP?

giphy.gif

Hold on a bit. I swore it would be added on Viva Latino playlist! :biblio:

It's over then

giphy.gif

if i don't see any big playlists this week miss jlo, fire your label, fire your team, fire your manager, fire your assistant, fire your chef, fire literally everybody and star anew.

she'll never get an album out if she keeps going like this. :skull:

14 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

Hold on a bit. I swore it would be added on Viva Latino playlist! :biblio:

It's over then

giphy.gif

Someone said it's gonna update its tracks tommorow, but they changed the cover(?). So there's still hope..

can..

we..

hope though????

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Someone said it's gonna update its tracks tommorow, but they changed the cover(?). So there's still hope..

can..

we..

hope though????

giphy.gif

we can only hope because I won't tolerate another In the Morning mess, not on my watch this time, no ma'am

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, ***** of Babylon said:

if i don't see any big playlists this week miss jlo, fire your label, fire your team, fire your manager, fire your assistant, fire your chef, fire literally everybody and star anew.

she'll never get an album out if she keeps going like this. :skull:

!!!!!!! x10

35 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

can..

we..

hope though????

giphy.gif

That's all we have left! And Viva Latino promoted her with a whole new promo pic on their IG. Like why would they do all that if they weren't going to add her in the first place?

It doesn't make any sense. Her music team need to make some calls and get it together ASAP.

giphy.gif

@SavagePapi whole playlist is updated and she's not there ...

I'm not gonna lie ... I have a lil meltdown ... I dk what to think ... I did not expect miracles, but no f.cking viva latino at least ??

Is sony sabotaging her ? is it agesim ? her team ? spotify ? I'm confused ....

it's just not right ....

4 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

@SavagePapi whole playlist is updated and she's not there ...

I'm not gonna lie ... I have a lil meltdown ... I dk what to think ... I did not expect miracles, but no f.cking viva latino at least ??

Is sony sabotaging her ? is it agesim ? her team ? spotify ? I'm confused ....

it's just not right ....

It's sad. They do so well then always drop the ball one way or another.

Everyone should spam the Viva Latino comments section here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CREgjYfD952/?utm_medium=copy_link

@CosTaSsSsTell members on BB to do the same. We should ask them why it isn't on their playlist. It's worth a try. We need answers!

7 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

It's sad. They do so well then always drop the ball one way or another.

Everyone should spam the Viva Latino comments section here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CREgjYfD952/?utm_medium=copy_link

@CosTaSsSsTell members on BB to do the same. We should ask them why it isn't on their playlist. It's worth a try. We need answers!

Doubt anyone will care to do it but someone else posted it on BB. When it was mentioned how problematic it was that she's not included, a member explained that her team did EVERYTHING as they added it on Apple Music and did two interviews, really? like really sis? two interviews is promo?

I seriously will stop caring about her anymore, maybe I should become a stan of Ariana only, I won't have to worry about chart performances etc. lol

Too bad it showed potential with minimum playlisting and her team decided to not invest on it a week later, well :deadbanana2:

Her label is such a MESS. Like they clearly ain't letting her drop an album till she has a hit, but they won't put in any effort to make it one. :skull: It's ****ing rude.

3 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Doubt anyone will care to do it but someone else posted it on BB. When it was mentioned how problematic it was that she's not included, a member explained that her team did EVERYTHING as they added it on Apple Music and did two interviews, really? like really sis? two interviews is promo?

I seriously will stop caring about her anymore, maybe I should become a stan of Ariana only, I won't have to worry about chart performances etc. lol

eeek shame on you :alexz2:

16 minutes ago, zach said:

Her label is such a MESS. Like they clearly ain't letting her drop an album till she has a hit, but they won't put in any effort to make it one. :skull: It's ****ing rude.

this and she's releasing via nuyorican so she probably pays for producers, studios etc and they only are responsible for distribution/promotion ....

Ugh, unfortunately it will be another hit that they will throw away. I just can't....

The BTS videos :weeps: she is so gorgeous!

She needs to promote this EVERYWHERE

1 hour ago, DuffStan said:

The BTS videos :weeps: she is so gorgeous!

She needs to promote this EVERYWHERE

Putting more salt in our wound!

giphy.gif

JK, glad you enjoy the track and yeah.. we wish they would promote it as it showed potential. 

10 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I know. But maybe we should realize that her music will never be the same anymore. It's tough growing up with her and stanning her music, and realizing it doesn't hit as it used to. I get it because I became a stan because of her music. But she's had her time and her moment. We were lucky enough when she became a music sensation at 30 (rare), and we were lucky when she smashed again at 42 (rare). Now she's 52, and her last worldwide smash was at 46.

At a certain point, we have to realize that she isn't going to be a main pop girl for the rest of her life. She well into a third generation. Even during "A.K.A" she mentioned that she already had her #1's and that she releases music because she has the luxury to do so and she does it for the fans. She will never stop releasing music. It's time we face the music (no pun intended), and realize that less than stellar chart positions and chart success won't dim her star. Regardless of how many flops she's released, she will always be the iconic and legendary Jennifer Lopez. And she knows that. Everyone does.

Let's just be grateful. We have done our best to support her career, but the rest lies on her team. Now in my 30s, I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm just enjoying the ride. As my brother randomly puts it (and he can care less about pop girls, pop culture or pop music), "I like that J.Lo is always releasing music. Some artists stop and she still keeps going and releases fire. She still on top".

So I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people measure success by chart positions and others by longevity and relevance. She's fine.

5 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

I know. But maybe we should realize that her music will never be the same anymore. It's tough growing up with her and stanning her music, and realizing it doesn't hit as it used to. I get it because I became a stan because of her music. But she's had her time and her moment. We were lucky enough when she became a music sensation at 30 (rare), and we were lucky when she smashed again at 42 (rare). Now she's 52, and her last worldwide smash was at 46.

At a certain point, we have to realize that she isn't going to be a main pop girl for the rest of her life. She well into a third generation. Even during "A.K.A" she mentioned that she already had her #1's and that she releases music because she has the luxury to do so and she does it for the fans. She will never stop releasing music. It's time we face the music (no pun intended), and realize that less than stellar chart positions and chart success won't dim her star. Regardless of how many flops she's released, she will always be the iconic and legendary Jennifer Lopez. And she knows that. Everyone does.

Let's just be grateful. We have done our best to support her career, but the rest lies on her team. Now in my 30s, I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm just enjoying the ride. As my brother randomly puts it (and he can care less about pop girls, pop culture or pop music), "I like that J.Lo is always releasing music. Some artists stop and she still keeps going and releases fire. She still on top".

So I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people measure success by chart positions and others by longevity and relevance. She's fine.

I totally agree with you and that's my point as well, but the thing is that she and her team actually care for charts, as they try to hop on trends (sometimes even desperately). I have always felt that she doesn't need to prove anything and she should record authentic music that she loves and helps her express her feelings. However, when the GP shows some love to a song of hers and her team acts like it will become a hit by miracle, then it gets on my nerves. 

I couldn't care less if she put out a dual album with all the singles released so far and some new songs and call it a day without any promo. I would totally enjoy it like I did with A.K.A.! My only concern is that with all these random singles without an album, the quality of her tracks are horrible and usually when there is a piece of work, there are great tracks which cannot be released as singles. 

Imagine if she starts doing more fun things with her music and not hoping on trends, try some blues-rock sound. Maroon 5's Sunday Morning is a sound she would totally nail if it was a whole album. Could be a TIMT part II. 

There always songs of hers with potential of being hits but her team abandons them, or in other words she has the potential to do great albums and music but she cares more about the charts.