THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Normani f/ Cardi B - "Wild Side"

Starkboy

Um, yeah,... this sh!t is hot! Not me jamming the snippet on repeat!  This fina be a problem. Ya’ll shouldn’t have counted out the good sis. Proper use of a OIAM sample. Urban banger

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• popularmoonlight

• nooniebao

• Khamis

17 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Well when was the last time a slow pure r&b song smashed worldwide?

“Peaches,” “Leave the Door Open” are both R&B songs smashing worldwide. Next case!!!

On 6/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, yonsé said:

"wild side challenge"

more like normani drop the single challenge

honestly :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, BeyIridescent said:

“Peaches,” “Leave the Door Open” are both R&B songs smashing worldwide. Next case!!!

exactly, and Doja's Streets was literally just smashing a few months ago too despite being just an album track before!

OT: i'm so excited i've been waiting for this one since the initial snippet! hope it comes soon, i'm thinking either this Friday or next week maybe? depending on when her tik tok concert is.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

Peaches is not an R&B song and LTDO is not a ww smash. Next case!!!

Edited by mlaredoperez

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

so if you swapped out Justin Bieber for Chris Brown, would it be R&B? Y’all are hung up on race going hand in hand with genres and that is not the case. Something about you seems like you have a disdain for the genre itself.

Edited by BeyIridescent

2 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

so if you swapped out Justin Bieber for Chris Brown, would it be R&B? Y’all are hung up on race going hand in hand with genres and that is not the case. Something about you seems like you have a disdain for the genre itself.

Also, her going into the R&B direction is right on time because that seems to be where music is headed. With recent smashes like Go Crazy, Heartbreak Anniversary, Leave The Door Open, Damage (quality not charts) and Peaches popular music seems to be headed towards a more R&B dominated sound. So, again, this is right on time!

We’re about to get new HER, Snoh, Summer (was on set for her album shoot yesterday)  and now Normani. I think her riding this R&B wave that's pending is right on time! 

12 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

I hate to be the one but these examples + Doja are hard cases. These are from white or biracial artists. Radio/fans/streaming tends to favor acts that are a little more pop leaning and accepts them when they even dabble in rap and R&B. 

4 hours ago, BeyIridescent said:

Nope , i was just saying my opinion and it was that a slow R&B song isn't going to make Normani (With hardly any fanbase) breakout. That doesn not mean that i have a problem with R&B. There is a reason why Ariana first went pop to breakout and slowly transitioned to a more mellow R&B sound like Positions or TUN.

However if she indeed ends up going with this sound and smashes, i will be happy for her, i am not a Hater or anything similar. 

9 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

You saying that only because its sang by a white boy. :dies:

1 hour ago, ratedreid said:

I keep refreshing this thread, hoping for an announcement.

Prolonging this obvious hit after making the GP wait as long as they did isn’t good. Luckily it sounds so great that I think it should do moderately well no matter when it’s released. I think it would be best to release the album shortly after. Considering nobody knows how well it will be received. I hope a BET Award and VMA performance is on lock.

If this doesn’t have properly play-listing and a radio like all of her previous singles I fear this may go straight down the drain as well like the rest. I really hope this is the one. 

7 hours ago, NormaniReign said:

You saying that only because its sang by a white boy. :dies:

basically 

9 hours ago, EarStyle said:

I hate to be the one but these examples + Doja are hard cases. These are from white or biracial artists. Radio/fans/streaming tends to favor acts that are a little more pop leaning and accepts them when they even dabble in rap and R&B. 

Ariana’s breakout hit was a R&B song though and don’t say it wasn’t cause it uses the same sample of urban classics. 

15 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Ariana’s breakout hit was a R&B song though and don’t say it wasn’t cause it uses the same sample of urban classics. 

and she's white. Let a Jazmine Sullivan, Monica, or someone release that and they wouldn't have got far. It was an urban classic sample, but it still was very pop commercial. 

Edited by EarStyle

2 hours ago, EarStyle said:

and she's white. Let a Jazmine Sullivan, Monica, or someone release that and they wouldn't have got far. It was an urban classic sample, but it still was very pop commercial. 

R&B has steadily been making a comeback and Black Women are at the forefront of that. Plz. Jazmine & Monica are adult contemporary R&B and aren’t the R&B music that’s been going mainstream lately and you know it. Unless you want to say the likes of Summer Walker is a fluke. Or pretend that Ella Mae didn’t have a whole summer on lockdown. 

Edited by AFullMoonlight

13 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

R&B has steadily been making a comeback and Black Women are at the forefront of that. Plz. Jazmine & Monica are adult contemporary R&B and aren’t the R&B music that’s been going mainstream lately and you know it. Unless you want to say the likes of Summer Walker is a fluke. Or pretend that Ella Mae didn’t have a whole summer on lockdown. 

Summer Walker didn't dominate radio etc outside of Urban/Urban AC radio. Ella Mai + "Boo'd up" was an exception.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:29 PM, mlaredoperez said:

Well when was the last time a slow pure r&b song smashed worldwide?

it was love lies LOL.

• 1 month later...

Annnd just got confirmation that "Wild side" is really coming this week. The Sony people is really excited about it....lets wait and see (And no, I have not heard it yet, they are being very cautious with this one).

Forgot one thing: Theres an A+ female rapper in the song.....

same radio insider which confirmed Shakira's return

Cardi

10 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

same radio insider which confirmed Shakira's return

Cardi

Jesus christ :WAP: