• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Khamis

It's #31 on today's preliminary Rolling Stone update. 36K total units with 4.3 million on-demand streams (based on Friday-Tuesday data)

This is shaping to have a similar performance to Midnight Sky which also debuted at #14, I can see Wild Side climbing a few positions weeks later and holding up a little bit. Normani is a very visual artist so she needs to get herself out there and perform the hell out of this song. TV ratings are tragic nowadays but viral moments on social media (especially TikTok) can help her.

Edited by Scars
1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

This is predicted to drop 30 spots? Ouch. Not surprising but it still hurts. 

Where are the predictions for the chart - couldn’t find them. And honestly I expected more than 30 spots so this is a win. The AM support is really helping, she’s doing so well over there! 

popularmoonlight

Ugh, I want to know what else we're getting. :lakitu:  At least, next year she'll probably tour and perform at festivals

46 minutes ago, Scars said:

This is shaping to have a similar performance to Midnight Sky which also debuted at #14, I can see Wild Side climbing a few positions weeks later and holding up a little bit. Normani is a very visual artist so she needs to get herself out there and perform the hell out of this song. TV ratings are tragic nowadays but viral moments on social media (especially TikTok) can help her.

Ive see a couple of comparisons to Midnight Sky but I still think it’s quite different. Midnight Sky stalled because Miley was lowkey blackballed on iHeartRadio stations so she couldn’t grow on radio the way she needed to. But Wild Side has more potential to grow with Rhythmic & especially Urban. Also if Normani can ever get her ish together to perform this live that would really help the song explode as well.

im not sure why she never has consistent performance opportunities lined up for her singles because I do agree with you that she’s a visual artist and she shines as a performer so her not getting her face out there is annoying. 

4RCH1M3D35

Saw an Instagram post from her at a rehearsal saying she couldn't  wait to perform this live. So there must be things in the works. Hopefully not waiting for the VMAs.

3 minutes ago, handstomyseIf said:

naurrrrrrr it's no.35 on TTH now...stream from there y'all!

I mean no one is streaming of course its gonna fall :skull:

At least its still #19 on AM 

NormaniReign
17 minutes ago, handstomyseIf said:

naurrrrrrr it's no.35 on TTH now...stream from there y'all!

if tth wanna drop it, they will drop it eitherway

Crank_It_Up

It literally just got on TTH and it’s already about to leave :skull:

But I’m glad it’s still staying stable on Spotify and especially Apple Music!

Edited by Crank_It_Up
4RCH1M3D35

Where is J. Cole to explain to us how artist aren't as big as they seem and getting streams from machines?

Where can we find said machines sir?

An all-choreo edit of the video would be nice

Also a remixes EP with a good dance remix

There’s a lot they can still do to keep this afloat 

popularmoonlight
5 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Ooooh!!! I'd love to see it this all-choreo edit :lakitu: I doubt they'd do it tho

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Motivation still has less than a million Shazams as of today (and it went all the way up to #12 on pop radio), so the fact that this almost has 100K in less than two weeks is a good sign :duca: Radio BETTER be paying attention.

NormaniReign
1 hour ago, Protocol said:

remixes for who? The extended version got paid dust. That strategy works on big artists or when the song is already smashing

11 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

A spin at a decent time of day lol:

Im expecting atleast  0.300 increase tomorrow:coffee2:

8 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

A spin at a decent time of day lol:

This whole "pop is only playing it at night/overnight" concern is a bit overblown tbh. The reason why the audience is small is because the really big stations are only playing it then. But if you look at smaller stations, a lot of them are playing it pretty evenly throughout the day.

Like I said before, spins matter more right now because if the song climbs the pop radio chart, the bigger stations will eventually move it to higher rotations, which will include plays at different times of the day. Rhythmic and Urban is giving us decent enough audience increases for now that the overall daily updates will look fine even as the bigger pop stations are slow to jump on.