Normani f/ Cardi B - "Wild Side"

Starkboy

Just now, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Is it going back and forth with Thot Sh*t?

No, Wockesha. It's been above Thot Sh*t for a while now.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• popularmoonlight

• nooniebao

• Khamis

4 minutes ago, shelven said:

No, Wockesha. It's been above Thot Sh*t for a while now.

Never even heard of that song.

56 minutes ago, Raver said:

Lakeyah

not that Young & Ratchet song being a bop tho

Animated GIF

Maybe holding off on the TTH placement was best for its 2nd and 3rd week with its updated debut projection? It’s going to need it with this wave of new music coming Friday!

1 minute ago, SinterFold_ said:

Maybe holding off on the TTH placement was best for its 2nd and 3rd week with its updated debut projection? It’s going to need it with this wave of new music coming Friday!

The Kanye bomb is coming. Let's hope it's a short album

9 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

not that Young & Ratchet song being a bop tho

Animated GIF

Massive bop! Been streaming Wild Side and Young & Ratchet nonstop this week! 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

The Kanye bomb is coming. Let's hope it's a short album

It’s definitely going to be huge. JIK alone entire album went Top 10 pretty much. 

like I said….. she don’t have the proper budget. That’s why we don’t have radio deals or playlisting.

2 minutes ago, Khamis said:

like I said….. she don’t have the proper budget. That’s why we don’t have radio deals or playlisting.

I’m not sure how they ever expect her to break without investing in radio deals and playlisting. Even the biggest names in music rely on both to break their singles 

Hard to believe there was no budget. Just not the budget for what she envisioned. That's OK. It's not  like we didn't know RCA was a bargain basement operation.

Doja signed with RCA since she was 17 and only now getting a budget. She literally had to become a cow for them to pay her dust.

1 minute ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Hard to believe there was no budget. Just not the budget for what she envisioned. That's OK. It's not  like we didn't know RCA was a bargain basement operation.

Doja signed with RCA since she was 17 and only now getting a budget. She literally had to become a cow for them to pay her dust.

Yeah surely RCA put up a good amount, but that she contributed to get the level of quality she wanted makes sense.

I would never expect RCA to pour a lot of money on her considering she’s been MIA for the last 2 years and they have other acts (like Doja) who have been doing their ****

11 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Hard to believe there was no budget. Just not the budget for what she envisioned. That's OK.

Yeah, this is how I interpreted it. When you piece together what she's said in various interviews, it seems like she absolutely insisted that certain things be included in the video and wouldn't budge on them. So I guess the label was like "here's what we're willing to do, if you insist on more than this, then you'll have to contribute." 

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but... I don't think that's unfair of them. She's not a Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor, etc. where they can be 99.9% sure they're going to recoup whatever they spend on the single. Normani's not big enough yet to demand this unreasonably huge video budget. But if the song's a hit, then she can go back to them and show them that the extra money was worth it, and they'll hopefully be more receptive to increasing her budget for future projects.

6.17 million on US Youtube between Friday-Tuesday. So an increase of 860K on Tuesday.

Now the #1 song on US Youtube in the last 7 days despite only being out for 5 of them :fan:

10 minutes ago, shelven said:

Yeah, this is how I interpreted it. When you piece together what she's said in various interviews, it seems like she absolutely insisted that certain things be included in the video and wouldn't budge on them. So I guess the label was like "here's what we're willing to do, if you insist on more than this, then you'll have to contribute." 

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but... I don't think that's unfair of them. She's not a Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor, etc. where they can be 99.9% sure they're going to recoup whatever they spend on the single. Normani's not big enough yet to demand this unreasonably huge video budget. But if the song's a hit, then she can go back to them and show them that the extra money was worth it, and they'll hopefully be more receptive to increasing her budget for future projects.

It's definitely reasonable of them, it's a business. But it's admirable Normani understood and said well, I will put in my coins to get it the way I want.

11 minutes ago, shelven said:

6.17 million on US Youtube between Friday-Tuesday. So an increase of 860K on Tuesday.

Now the #1 song on US Youtube in the last 7 days despite only being out for 5 of them :fan:

This week wasn’t a total loss at all. Further confirmation of her potential strength on YouTube and lays the groundwork for establishing a base on Apple Music. Hopefully RCA and everyone else working for her takes note.

2 minutes ago, Khamis said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdtBGb6x/
Another Big account. With that same stank dance…. But I’ll take it :duca:

also almost up to 11K vids on TikTok

Honestly? Not mad if this is what it takes to even go moderately viral tbh lol.

6 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

It's definitely reasonable of them, it's a business. But it's admirable Normani understood and said well, I will put in my coins to get it the way I want.

It definitely makes sense. That’s why albums have gotten so short now too. Back in the day labels were willing to pay for like twelve tracks, and everything over that came out of the artist’s pocket. Now we see a lot of albums that are only ten tracks long. I can imagine it gets trickier when you have songs from producers that charge more than others, and artists are faced with a tough decision as to what should be cut and what they’re keeping.

I think that’s why we often get albums with key singles, and the rest being filler. NOT saying N’s debut is going to be like this, but it’s something I’ve observed.

3 minutes ago, Khamis said:

When we eventually have to watch Addison Rae do this and we experience a mixture of happiness at the promo and disgust at how bad it is

Ok so apparently this is the girl that started that choreo. Hers is actually pretty good, the bigger accounts are just being lazy :rip:

13 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Im cringing so hard but these yt bitches better serve us mediocrity :clap3: 

1 minute ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Im cringing so hard but these yt bitches better serve us mediocrity :clap3: 

:bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, shelven said:

Ok so apparently this is the girl that started that choreo. Hers is actually pretty good, the bigger accounts are just being lazy :rip:

Oh this is cute. Considering I heard the blacks are rightfully on strike for constantly getting hoodwinked on tiktok