Normani f/ Cardi B - "Wild Side"

Starkboy

1 minute ago, BeyIridescent said:

what do you mean “fit the song better?” cardi has slower, mid-tempo songs that were released as singles, i.e “Ring” and “Please Me”

just based off the snippets we've heard so far it doesn't sound like something i would hear and immediately think " this sounds like something cardi would be featured on." yeah i know she had mid-tempo songs too (Back It Up is one of my favorite songs by her) but imo she's more known for doing up-tempo trap rap songs, but i'm still curious to see what her approach will be with this one.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• popularmoonlight

• nooniebao

• Khamis

3 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

one in a million 

Oh ****, this is gonna be great :jonny4:

22 minutes ago, Nihilego said:

just based off the snippets we've heard so far it doesn't sound like something i would hear and immediately think " this sounds like something cardi would be featured on." yeah i know she had mid-tempo songs too (Back It Up is one of my favorite songs by her) but imo she's more known for doing up-tempo trap rap songs, but i'm still curious to see what her approach will be with this one.

“Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 featured Cardi B too

11 minutes ago, revivval said:

New Normani and Camila same week? it's gonna be interesting battle let's see

Wait no, Camila is releasing next week, unless you mean they're announcing the same week.

Edited by Plastic Nostalgia

the snippet on OP. i haven't heard it until now. this is a BANGER. and with the sample and Cardi feat :jonny5: EXCELLENCE, me thinks......

21 minutes ago, revivval said:

Honestly it may be a good thing because it will give them both publicity. A “chart battle” typically ends up helping both parties.

so it is really coming Friday? of course i will be without my computer till later Friday.

She seems to be banking on this. If this explodes I think she should follow up with an album release and let the people (streaming) decide the follow up single instead of risking releasing a second single and it not working. 

Edited by SinterFold_

5 minutes ago, SinterFold_ said:

Why hasn’t this been changed to a single thread yet? 

Single threads need a confirmed release date and Normani still hasn't officially confirmed it yet :deadbanana:

EDIT: Oh never mind, apparently I was confusing the single rules with album rules :rip: Technically still no official confirmation this is a single though (or maybe Starkboy just forgot :eli:)

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Single threads need a confirmed release date and Normani still hasn't officially confirmed it yet :deadbanana:

Which is true but her IG page has pretty much become Wild Side themed and it’s been confirmed by several reliable industry sources. How much more confirmation does ATRL need :lmao: 

Just now, SinterFold_ said:

Which is true but her IG page has pretty much become Wild Side themed and it’s been confirmed by several reliable industry sources. How much more confirmation does ATRL need :lmao: 

Yeah I doubt the mods would bother to change it back if Starkboy changed it. I'm sure he'll get around to it soon.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Will this be out this Friday? I need some new Normani. :duca:

• #FreeBritney Activist
4 hours ago, BPD said:

There’s a lot riding on this song for Normani.. I’m sure her team wouldn’t let her come out with a borefest of a song. 

Makes sense. I just hope they work it right. VMAs is coming too

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

Honestly it may be a good thing because it will give them both publicity. A “chart battle” typically ends up helping both parties.

I also think so, some of them will do better (probably normani) but it will help both to entice fans to reach more numbers. 

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

Yup that's what I think too. I'm not saying it happened but I quite often feel like some teams do behind the scenes talking in order to release pretty closely (like JB and 1D)

2 hours ago, SinterFold_ said:

She seems to be banking on this. If this explodes I think she should follow up with an album release and let the people (streaming) decide the follow up single instead of risking releasing a second single and it not working. 

Apparently their plan is actually to start the album roll out now for it to come out during Fall. My theory is that the album might be coming early October 

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 hours ago, revivval said:

Camila is not releasing this week though. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
45 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Makes sense. I just hope they work it right. VMAs is coming too

I hope they also do more award shows, not only the VMAs. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

I hope they also do more award shows, not only the VMAs. 

yup

• #FreeBritney Activist

Has it been announced yet? I’m waiting impatiently! 

hRo2On6.gif

If it's not this friday, I seriously doubt it's next friday. I think her and her team wants to distance themselves from the 5H past as much as possible. it would be dumb to revive the topic by goin head to head with an ex-bandmate ...