Megan Thee Stallion - "Thot Shit"

eduxedu

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

:clap3: haters clocked

Oh wow oh wow! That certain other fan base with their same old same old bs must be fuming! I guess the hook isn’t that weak after all. 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eduxedu

• Cotton

• theweekend

• chaneloberlin

Very much so in the vein of Tina Snow and NOT Good News. A step back into a correct path

Loving this and the video is great as well!

Is this for a deluxe, standalone or something else completely?

9 minutes ago, Nvr said:

Loving this and the video is great as well!

Is this for a deluxe, standalone or something else completely?

According to the article she did with Billboard Pro, it's for her new album: "When Megan Thee Stallion launches her new album cycle with the much anticipated single, 'Thot Sh--,' on Friday, she'll still be releasing the music on 1501 Certified Entertainment, the label run by former Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford that she sued last year over unfair contract terms."

9 minutes ago, jakeisphat said:

According to the article she did with Billboard Pro, it's for her new album: "When Megan Thee Stallion launches her new album cycle with the much anticipated single, 'Thot Sh--,' on Friday, she'll still be releasing the music on 1501 Certified Entertainment, the label run by former Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford that she sued last year over unfair contract terms."

Nice!! I wasn't expecting another album so soon, but definitely interested to see what Tina Snow has in store this go around.

I'm glad she's wasting no time, needs to strike the iron while it's hot. :giraffe:

Not expecting the album itself coming that soon, though.

7 hours ago, BPD said:

Which song is doing better? Doja or Meg?

Apple Music

#45 - Thot ****

#116 - Need To Know

iTunes

#5 - Thot **** (with discount)

#18 - Need To Know

YouTube

2.2M (after 22 hours)

4.2M (after 12 hours)

It's likely Doja will do better on Spotify.

8 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Apple Music

#45 - Thot ****

#116 - Need To Know

iTunes

#5 - Thot **** (with discount)

#18 - Need To Know

YouTube

2.2M (after 22 hours)

4.2M (after 12 hours)

It's likely Doja will do better on Spotify.

Meg got a discount already? 

Also, Doja is album only purchase, which I’m sure is impacting her position on iTunes.

But Meg doing good on AM. :clap3:

12 minutes ago, Beyle Street said:

Doja has Spotify payola so she will do better on there 

And Megan has Apple Music "payola"?

It's called promotion and every artist gets it lmao

9 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

And Megan has Apple Music "payola"?

It's called promotion and every artist gets it lmao

What payola would Megan even have on Apple Music? Those "New Music" playlists that do pretty much nothing? 

Doja has TTH and Pop Rising playlisting on Spotify, which Megan does not have. 

Edited by Beyle Street

5 minutes ago, Beyle Street said:

What payola would Megan even have on Apple Music? Those "New Music" playlists that do pretty much nothing? 

Doja has TTH and Pop Rising playlisting on Spotify, which Megan does not have. 

Meg has RapCaviar (with 16M followers vs 2M for Pop Rising), Get Turnt (6M) + she's on most of the same playlists as NTK minus TTH. The difference in reach is only about ~8M. 

Also playlists on AM do have an effect otherwise they wouldn't exist lmao and she's on all the big Hip-Hop ones while Doja isn't on Hip-Hop, Pop, or R&B ones. 

1 minute ago, Nip Tuck said:

Meg has RapCaviar (with 16M followers vs 2M for Pop Rising), Get Turnt (6M) + she's on most of the same playlists as NTK minus TTH. The difference in reach is only about ~8M. 

Also playlists on AM do have an effect otherwise they wouldn't exist lmao and she's on all the big Hip-Hop ones while Doja isn't on Hip-Hop, Pop, or R&B ones. 

cleared.

Just now, Nip Tuck said:

Meg isn't even on the cover of RapCaviar (#17 :hoetenks:)and AM playlists, compared to Spotify, have little to no effect and it's probably the most organic streaming platform. 

And it's funny you had to add "with discount" for iTunes while also lowballing her actual position (#2) while displaying exact positions for Doja :rip:

2 minutes ago, Beyle Street said:

Meg isn't even on the cover of RapCaviar (#17 :hoetenks:)and AM playlists, compared to Spotify, have little to no effect and it's probably the most organic streaming platform. 

And it's funny you had to add "with discount" for iTunes while also lowballing her actual position (#2) while displaying exact positions for Doja :rip:

I didn't lowball anything I got them off Twitter :rip: (from StallionOnChart and DojaCatStats).

Anyway, their Spotify reach based on official playlists;

Need To Know - 50.9M

Thot **** - 41.5M

Considering Doja consistently outstreams Megan on Spotify, and has more listeners, it makes sense that she have a bigger reach. But it's not as dramatic as you're making it sound :rip:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to shade Doja in the Thot **** thread considering I was simply responding to somebody's question about which song was doing better but anyway

8 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

I didn't lowball anything I got them off Twitter :rip: (from StallionOnChart and DojaCatStats).

Need To Know - 50.9M

Thot **** - 41.5M

Considering Doja consistently outstreams Megan on Spotify, and has more listeners, it makes sense that she have a bigger reach. But it's not as dramatic as you're making it sound :rip:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to shade Doja in the Thot **** thread considering I was simply responding to somebody's question about which song was doing better but anyway

I wasn't shading, I was making it clear that she had more of a playlisting advantage and with her already good reach, she should do better tomorrow. Spotify payola=/= fraud

20 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Need To Know - 50.9M

Thot **** - 41.5M

Welp…So I guess her playlisting not that bad after all.  

She just lower in positioning, which is often based on past performance.  Spotify/AM not gonna give you top slot, if generally the artist performs bad on those playlists.  

Either way, def something her team needs to work out. 

Edited by professor2000

2 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Welp…So I guess her playlisting not that bad after all.  

She just lower in positioning, which is often based on past performance.  Spotify/AM not gonna give you top slot, if generally the artist performs bad on those playlists.  

Either way, def something her team needs to work out. 

Yeah I mean they're not really on any of the same playlists, but the positioning across their playlists is relatively similar Top 10/Top 5 with a couple #1 spots. Meg's team definitely needs to get her on TTH though.

i really love how she switches it up in the verse .... especially in verse 3:WAP:

it gives me more life than SUGA and some of the GN tracks

The video is sooo good :jonny4:

She's serving superstar on it, the amount of scenes, looks, choreo, the entire thing :jonny2:

The song itself is not that great but the video elevates it x100. The power of a good visual

12 hours ago, Badboidami said:

Ok... I listened to it few times and I actually like it... A lot... :ahh:

I really hope she diverses her sound for the second era tho (mostly production and I wouldn't mind her talking about something else from time to time). I want her to be a bit unpredictable. You hear her name and you know what's about to happen and I wish it was different. I'm rooting for her. She has so much potential and so much to talk about that happened in the past few years that it would be a total waste if she didn't.

Hang it up, that's just not going to happen when THIS is her... We've now known her long enough to know