Ryan

The Pro-Wrestling Thread: 2020

andresg770
10 minutes ago, Jamie£er said:

All of those women are serious contenders too, maybe Naomi not so much but tonight showed that that could shift and that's why SD >>>> the other one

like can you imagine 6 women tag with the raw women? Are there even six women competing on raw? :rip:

And let's not forget Carmella, who is only out of the picture because she's stuck in that virtually non-existent James Ellsworth storyline.  Raw might have received most of the big names in the Draft, but SD actually BUILT a much better division out of what it got :alexz:

I'll update the Rumble card after Talking Smack, since I'm assuming more Rumble participants will be announced then (I refuse to believe all we get tonight is Mojo Rawley :toofunny3:).

Jonathan

Ready for the Nikki/Mickie altercation

sOYTItj.gif

Ryan
5 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Ready for the Nikki/Mickie altercation

sOYTItj.gif

Mickie gonna steal ha man

sOYTItj.gif

andresg770

Royal Rumble Card (as of Smackdown live 1.24.17)

Kickoff Pre-show:

• WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: Cesaro & Sheamus (c) vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
    • The match will have 2 referees (for some reason...)
  • Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Main Show:

• Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss & Mickie James
  • WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville
  • WWE Raw Women's Championship: Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley
  • WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena
  • WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns
    • No DQ match with Chris Jericho hanging above the ring inside a shark cage
  • 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    • Announced tonight: Mojo Rawley
    • Already announced: Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Braun Strowman, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Sheamus, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Luke Harper, Big Cass, Rusev, and Big Show

-----------------------------------------------------

There's still 8 spots left in the Rumble match.  Interestingly, neither American Alpha nor the Usos were in the battle royal that Mojo Rawley won to get his Rumble spot, so either they'll be in it or there are other plans for them that night (Kickoff match, maybe?).

EDIT: Just remembered that Kalisto, Apollo Crews, and James Ellsworth were also not in the battle royal either...

Edited by andresg770

MWB

Me when Naomi got on the mic and demanded a challenger 

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-origi 

Me when Naomi said she's going to snatch Alexa BALD 

For a second there, I legit thought Eva Marie was back and then Alexa's music came on and I was like 'Oh ****!'. I seriously hope this leads to Naomi getting a title shot in the future and a storyline with Alexa Bliss. Out of all the girls on SD, she's the only one who hasn't been in any storylines since August. Heck, even Renee got a storyline before Naomi and she's not even a WRESTLER. That's ridiculous. 

I'm just happy Naomi is back. I hope they do her good this time but then again, I'm not holding my breath. 

Bad Wolf

Really hoping for Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi at Wrestlemania (in Naomi's hometown!)

Jamie£er
On 24/01/2017 at 5:18 PM, SelenaTheWinner said:

I just dont think of Rusev as a "big teddy bear" and being the nice guy that he is. WWE ruined his image. And Lana isnt helping too. I hope he gets pushed again, he;s good in-ring. 

Same. Finally the spotlight that Naomi deserves :weeps:

AvrilLaQueen

b0173c7223ac812db30bbdad4d215f5254e55a4e

this is a good week for women's wrestling fans

Bad Wolf
2 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

b0173c7223ac812db30bbdad4d215f5254e55a4e

this is a good week for women's wrestling fans

Omg I'm so excited

Symmetra
16 hours ago, MWB said:

Me when Naomi got on the mic and demanded a challenger 

Me when Naomi said she's going to snatch Alexa BALD 

For a second there, I legit thought Eva Marie was back and then Alexa's music came on and I was like 'Oh ****!'. I seriously hope this leads to Naomi getting a title shot in the future and a storyline with Alexa Bliss. Out of all the girls on SD, she's the only one who hasn't been in any storylines since August. Heck, even Renee got a storyline before Naomi and she's not even a WRESTLER. That's ridiculous. 

I'm just happy Naomi is back. I hope they do her good this time but then again, I'm not holding my breath. 

I screamed when she said she was going to snatch her bald. "I'm going to have you looking like Mr.Clean" gather HA!

Jonathan

Clearly Asuka is going to retain but Nikki C will impress

Jonathan

I really hope Naomi gets a shot while Becky and Mickie feud, it would be nice :weeps: 

SD about to have 3 diff women rivalries while Raw basically only has one :rip: 

andresg770
2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I really hope Naomi gets a shot while Becky and Mickie feud, it would be nice :weeps: 

SD about to have 3 diff women rivalries while Raw basically only has one :rip: 

Now that's what I call truly building a division.  I saw some people speculating on the SD Women's Title match for WrestleMania b/c apparently it is rumored that Nikki will be getting the Mania match. A lot of people disagreed, but nobody could agree on which girl should actually get the Mania match.

Then somebody suggested a six-woman ladder match for the SD Women's Title, and I WAS ALL FOR IT.  Because honestly, SD has made us care for all of their women (even Carmella with her Ellsworth storyline), and I'd hate to see any of them miss out on WrestleMania this year...

DAP

Not too much. I lost all interest in Carmella once they paired her with that :sorry:

Jamie£er
50 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

Now that's what I call truly building a division.  I saw some people speculating on the SD Women's Title match for WrestleMania b/c apparently it is rumored that Nikki will be getting the Mania match. A lot of people disagreed, but nobody could agree on which girl should actually get the Mania match.

Then somebody suggested a six-woman ladder match for the SD Women's Title, and I WAS ALL FOR IT.  Because honestly, SD has made us care for all of their women (even Carmella with her Ellsworth storyline), and I'd hate to see any of them miss out on WrestleMania this year...

That would be amazing and gives them all a chance to showcase their amazing talent at WM. I know people are rooting for Naomi vs Alexa at WM but with Alexa yet to have an amazing match and Naomi being so unpredictable i'd be worried they'd fluff up somewhere but if all the girls were involved they could put on some amazing spots.

Jamie£er

I think i'd get really emotional if they did get a big stipulation match at WM for the title. Think of all the years we had terrible joke matches at WrestleMania, before last years triple threat the last properly built match we had for the title was Mickie vs Trish in 2006. Literally 10 years. Not including the Ashley vs Melina match lol

Royal Rumble 2018 - the 30th anniversary.

The Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on January 28.

http://wwe.me/vWa9Bf

It's an arena for anyone taking notes.

Bad Wolf

Personally, I'm hoping the 6-Woman Tag Match leads to a double count out/no contest from the straight up brawl between all of them.

Why you ask? 

Well, because I want it to all lead up to this:

Elimination Chamber Match for the SmackDown Women's Championship:

Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi vs. Mickie James vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Bella

I think they deserve (2) matches at WrestleMania, and I'd rather them all be lumped up together here. (Plus it would make total sense with the current storyline).

Edited by Bad Wolf

DAP

Rumored partial lineup of WM card

"The Mania lineup at this point is looking like:

- Goldberg vs. Lesnar
- Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
- HHH vs. Seth Rollins
- Jericho vs. Owens
- Wyatt vs. Orton
- Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
- Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax as the Raw women’s title match.

The key is the Rumble winner is likely, although they could swerve, to be the person who will challenge for either the Universal title or WWE title. The only Smackdown match on that list is Orton vs. Wyatt, and it’s not a secret that Wyatt was scheduled for a title run in 2017. That immediately puts both of them in contention, and if one wins, the other would be favored to win the Chamber match. There’s a story that just started going around about Orton winning the Rumble and Wyatt winning the Chamber match. If that doesn’t happen, it would be because plans changed. Even though historically the booking before Mania always gets out and it almost never changed (it changes for other reasons, such as injuries or guys quitting, but that’s usually known as well), with the increase in social media, my feeling is nothing is a lock until it happens. I doubt we’ll see major destination changes, in the sense the top of the card will probably be pretty close to as is slated now, but how to get there could change."

oh wow

sOYTItj.gif

DAP

And honestly I don't find SD that great either. They use more of their talent and book them better but most of their angles are as flat and boring as RAW's. Not much depth to them whatsoever :skull:

Edited by DAP

Bad Wolf
4 minutes ago, DAP said:

Rumored partial lineup of WM card

oh wow

sOYTItj.gif

Allegedly, John Cena vs. Samoa Joe is in the works too.

However, this has all left me wondering --- what about Finn Balor's match??

DAP
6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Allegedly, John Cena vs. Samoa Joe is in the works too.

However, this has all left me wondering --- what about Finn Balor's match??

Well again, it's still all speculative and the person who made this claim (Meltzer) is off the mark most of the time anyway.

I'm sure he'll be in the title picture somehow. I can't really say I care bc he does nothing for me and bores me to tears but whatever.

Edited by DAP

leightxn

Mickie returning is too much for me!!! the nostalgia!!! her promo was everything

AvrilLaQueen

I was watching Mickie James matches from 2008, 2009 and 2010! Whew lordT. :jonny3: 

Jamie£er
53 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I was watching Mickie James matches from 2008, 2009 and 2010! Whew lordT. :jonny3: 

Her TNA matches too :jonny: such a queeeeen