Ryan

The Pro-Wrestling Thread: 2020

AvrilLaQueen

they're not on RAW aka Vince's fave show, so it ain't happening ^^

Jonathan

Vince was only his fav show bc of the ratings, but that ain't happening anymore so

FBF
1 minute ago, Jonathan said:

Vince was only his fav show bc of the ratings, but that ain't happening anymore so

I'm pretty sure Raw is still more valuable. The name alone

andresg770
7 hours ago, FBF said:

Seeing Mickie back makes me that much bitter about Melina not being back :doc: But I like Mickie I'll get over it. How is the Royal Rumble looking like ? I'm not following the weeklies at all 

It's the usual kind of Rumble buildup:  Every match is on the card is for a title: Cruiserweight, Raw Women's, WWE, and Universal.  I could see them adding at least one more match to the card, presumably a SD match.  There are three SD storylines going on right now that could fill that spot: Alexa/Mickie/Becky and Nikki/Natalya (the other storylines are Dolph's heel turn and the Wyatt Family internal dissent, but all of those guys are in the Rumble match so...).  We'll see what gets added this week.

As for the Rumble, they've announced 18 participants, and it's one of the more wide-open Rumbles in recent years, as there are plenty of possible winners: Taker, Brock, Goldberg, Seth, Dean, and Jericho.  Other participants include Strowman, Miz, Ziggler, the Wyatts (feat. Randy Orton), New Day, Baron Corbin, Cesaro, and Sheamus.  So it's pretty stacked so far.

FBF
Just now, andresg770 said:

It's the usual kind of Rumble buildup:  Every match is on the card is for a title: Cruiserweight, Raw Women's, WWE, and Universal.  I could see them adding at least one more match to the card, presumably a SD match.  There are three SD storylines going on right now that could fill that spot: Alexa/Mickie/Becky and Nikki/Natalya (the other storylines are Dolph's heel turn and the Wyatt Family internal dissent, but all of those guys are in the Rumble match so...).  We'll see what gets added this week.

As for the Rumble, they've announced 18 participants, and it's one of the more wide-open Rumbles in recent years, as there are plenty of possible winners: Taker, Brock, Goldberg, Seth, Dean, and Jericho.  Other participants include Strowman, Miz, Ziggler, the Wyatts (feat. Randy Orton), New Day, Baron Corbin, Cesaro, and Sheamus.  So it's pretty stacked so far.

Undertaker ? :duca: It's the first year in a long while we don't know the winner ahead of time, it's been too logical these past years, pretty excited. 

Personally I was anticipating the Cruiserweight division but they're all such charisma hole that I'm not too interested... 

andresg770

1 minute ago, FBF said:

Undertaker ? :duca: It's the first year in a long while we don't know the winner ahead of time, it's been too logical these past years, pretty excited. 

Personally I was anticipating the Cruiserweight division but they're all such charisma hole that I'm not too interested... 

Jack Gallagher is the only one that actually does anything for me in that division.  The others have such thin excuses for a gimmick that it's almost like WWE just stopped trying after coming up with Gallagher's.  The show's still entertaining, though, and at least there's some established talent like Brian Kendrick, Neville (who is amazing, too, though I still see him as 'above' the Cruiserweight division), and Tajiri (who just got injured :ace: )

29 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I dunno, considering that when 205 Live premiered they canceled Superstars (which was the Raw B-show) and then took Main Event (the SD B-show) away from Smackdown and gave it to Raw (leaving SD with no B-show), I think that the scales are still tipped a bit heavily towards the red brand in WWE...

FBF
1 minute ago, andresg770 said:

Jack Gallagher is the only one that actually does anything for me in that division.  The others have such thin excuses for a gimmick that it's almost like WWE just stopped trying after coming up with Gallagher's.  The show's still entertaining, though, and at least there's some established talent like Brian Kendrick, Neville (who is amazing, too, though I still see him as 'above' the Cruiserweight division), and Tajiri (who just got injured :ace: )

I didn't even know Tajiri was in the division. I stopped watching Weeklies a pretty long time ago, and I've been skipping the Cruiserweight match in PPVs most of the time :rip: 

andresg770
43 minutes ago, FBF said:

I didn't even know Tajiri was in the division. I stopped watching Weeklies a pretty long time ago, and I've been skipping the Cruiserweight match in PPVs most of the time :rip: 

They brought him back like 2 weeks ago, and he had his debut match on 205 Live and started a feud with Brian Kendrick.  Then they put him in a tag match with Shinsuke Nakamura for NXT (in Japan) and he got injured there.  So literally the week after his debut, they had to announce Tajiri would be out of action for months... #mess  :ace:

Edited by andresg770

FBF
3 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

They brought him back like 2 weeks ago, and he had his debut match on 205 Live and started a feud with Brian Kendrick.  Then they put him in a tag match with Shinsuke Nakamura for NXT (in Japan) and he got injured there.  So literally the week after his debut, they had to announce Tajiri would be out of action for months... #mess  :ace:

Mess :ahh: What's a 205 Live ? :rip: 

DAP

The RR being 6 hours :skull:

I have no interest in the card outside of Cena/AJ. The additional matchups they add better be interesting bc otherwise :zzz:

freakum.

I'm so excited for the Royal Rumble :duca: My fave PPV after Mania ofc, I wonder who the surprise entrants will be? Im hoping Kurt will be one && I know it's a long shot and probably nvr gonna happen but The Hardyz. 

SelenaTheWinner
6 hours ago, J a y said:

Vince may actually think differently now that Shane is 'in charge' of SmackDown and not Heyman. The main reason as to why he sabotaged the blue show was because of Heyman's involvement. He managed to create main event superstars from second tier competitors in two years. From 2002-2003 - John Cena, Batista, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Edge were all part of the SD's ratings war against Raw (primarily the SmackDown Six). All without having to pin Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker nor Hulk Hogan. Fast-forward a year and they were headlining WrestleMania. They're trying to replicate it again, unfortunately they're burying a lot of talent on Raw, or at least not booking them correctly. They need to work on that.

What I like about this year's Rumble is that all the participants announced are main eventers. It's taken the brand split to accomplish such a feat whereas a handful of the superstars were lingering on and off air, past prime, mid card talent.

SmackDown! has always slayed so hard. And really created stars. I can see this happening again. :)

FBF

Is anyone playing TEW here ? 

Jonathan
2 hours ago, FBF said:

Is anyone playing TEW here ? 

I wanted to play but never got up the coins :jonny: 

FBF
Just now, Jonathan said:

I wanted to play but never got up the coins :jonny: 

There's a free version (the 2005 edition though :rip: ) I bought the new one, but never bothered to play yet, I might try it once my finals are done :duca: 

AvrilLaQueen

if RR is really 6 hours, then Nikki vs Nattie needs to happen as well as Becky vs Mickie

FBF

If RR is 6hrs, how long will WM be ? :rip: 

andresg770

Is the Rumble really gonna be 6 hours???  The starting time on the Network is 7 pm, though...

DAP
7 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

Is the Rumble really gonna be 6 hours???  The starting time on the Network is 7 pm, though...

That's for the main show. The preshow is another 2 hours.

They do this with all of the big PPVs but I mean? Poor lost souls that are gonna sit in that arena all of that time :skull:

andresg770
1 minute ago, DAP said:

That's for the main show. The preshow is another 2 hours.

They do this with all of the big PPVs but I mean? Poor lost souls that are gonna sit in that arena all of that time :skull:

Ugh, damn...  I had forgotten about the pre-show.  I thought they only did the 2-hour pre-show for Mania, though?  So I guess they will be doing it for all of the "big 4" now.

At least we can all assume nothing's really gonna happen in the first hour of the pre-show, right?

Bad Wolf

I'm ready for Raw to be trash once again tonight

FBF
7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm ready for Raw to be trash once again tonight

It's pretty obscure to me why some people insist on watching the weeklies :rip: 

SelenaTheWinner

8 hours!? 

I want Alexa vs Becky vs Mickie. 

Natalya vs Nicki would also be awesome. 

andresg770
3 minutes ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

8 hours!?

6 hours (you mean for the Royal Rumble, right?).

SelenaTheWinner
Just now, andresg770 said:

6 hours (you mean for the Royal Rumble, right?).

Oh, my mistake. Still a lot. :D 

I want Dean to win the rumble, my fave!