Jump to content

Pro-Wrestling Thread: Lashley Dominates, Tops Raw Talent


Recommended Posts

SelenaTheWinner
5 minutes ago, Karma88 said:

I prefer Charlotte over Rhea as next Asuka’s challenger. 
 

Queenlote can carry the feud.

 

Imagine a promo with Asuka and Rhea lol. Who’s gonna talk? PAIGE?

I think its gonna be... 

Charlotte vs. Asuka (for the millionth time, I wish creative gets more creative) 

Alexa/Fiend vs Rhea/Randy (or Nikki/Randy, but they have kinda ignored Nikki so Rhea makes more sense.) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SelenaTheWinner

    8982

  • andresg770

    4074

  • Dessy

    2484

  • zoldyck

    2248

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw Viewership up by 80K, Key Demo Remains Steady in Post-EC Show

Quote

Monday’s live post-Elimination Chamber edition of WWE RAW, featuring fallout from Sunday’s Elimination Chamber with new WWE Champion The Miz in the opener plus Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman in the main event, drew an average of 1.890 million viewers on the USA Network, according to Showbuzz Daily.

 

For this week’s show, the first hour drew 1.978 million viewers (last week’s hour 1 – 1.935 million), the second hour drew 1.926 million viewers (last week’s hour 2 – 1.806 million) and the final hour drew 1.765 million viewers (last week’s hour 3 – 1.690 million).

 

RAW ranked #12 for the night in viewership on cable, up from last week’s #19 spot, and behind Rachel Maddow Show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, The Five, Hannity, Last Word, All In, 11th Hour, The Ingraham Angle, Deadline: White House, Beat, and Reidout.

 

RAW ranked #1 for the night on the Cable Top 150, with an average 18-49 demographic rating of 0.57, the same as last week’s #1 ranked 0.57.  This is the sixth week where RAW had no football competition, and because of that the show shared the #1 spot in the key demo for the fifth week in a row. RAW was up 4.4% from last week’s viewership, and even in the key demographic. This week’s drop from hour 1 – 3 was 11%, which is lower than usual.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Karma88 said:

Bobby > Miz > Drew :clap3:

I'd much rather watch Lashley/Miz in the main event. This whole thing brought my attention in again. I had no interest previously to whats happening with the WWE Championship AT ALL. It was just That boring - both match-wise & story-wise - that you just stop following. While Im looking forward to seeing whats gonna happen now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow oh wow Steve Austin is flopping. :eek:

 

The rating for Straight Up Steve Austin took a hit in its later timeslot this week. Monday night’s episode, which aired at 11:30 instead of right after Raw as it usually does, did a 0.14 rating in the 18 – 49 demographic and 360,000 viewers. That’s down 13% and 32% from last week’s 0.16 demo rating and 526,000 viewers.

 

I guess not every big superstar can be a rating magnet.


742a85dcb264bcf5aaee800e5463084f.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Karma88 said:

Oh wow oh wow Steve Austin is flopping. :eek:

 

The rating for Straight Up Steve Austin took a hit in its later timeslot this week. Monday night’s episode, which aired at 11:30 instead of right after Raw as it usually does, did a 0.14 rating in the 18 – 49 demographic and 360,000 viewers. That’s down 13% and 32% from last week’s 0.16 demo rating and 526,000 viewers.

 

I guess not every big superstar can be a rating magnet.


742a85dcb264bcf5aaee800e5463084f.gif

 

he is still higher rated than the bellas at 11:30pm :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, abc1990 said:

Big Show has left WWE and joined AEW as a commentator 

 

So much for AEW focusing on 'young talent'.:deadbanana4: whenever the big show showed up on WWE, the IWC would drag him, but since he's all elite NOW they are praising them

Fickle GIFs | Tenor

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot it’s wrestling thread here LETS GET INTO IT 

 

why has Lana and Naomi been pushed to the side when they are number 1 contenders ??

 

why didn’t they just have Peyton Royce replace lacy at elimination chamber ?

 

why has Asuka been playing back up to Charlotte ? 
 

why is Asuka still in tag matches ?

 

why isn’t anybody challenging asuka for her tittle ? 
 

 

asuka needs to go to aew at this point . She hasn’t been booked properly since coming to the main roster . ..actually since she lost to Charlotte at wresltmania 

 

How did Bianca and sasha get a tag title show b4 Naomi and Lana ? 
 

I like that they are trying to build the tag titles (adding Dakota and requal in the mix on nxt” but it clearly shows wwe is incapable of booking the women tag Division and the women’s division at the same time , one always gets put on the back burned . 
 

& why has sasha banks title run been so..bland . I mean I’m looking. Forward to see her and Bianca at WM but it’s jus blah 

 

 

sorry for the typos y’all I’m in the gym walking the stair master 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Show is ALL ELITE now! This is Amazing!  

He is starting as a commentator, but it wont be long before he steps back inside the ring! :)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stronger23 said:

 

asuka needs to go to aew at this point . She hasn’t been booked properly since coming to the main roster . ..actually since she lost to Charlotte at wresltmania 

 


 

 

Asuka is still booked far better than any women on AEW. She has lot of inconsistent booking ever since coming to main roster, but overall she is treated well. Same can't be said AEW women division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stronger23 said:

I forgot it’s wrestling thread here LETS GET INTO IT 

 

why has Lana and Naomi been pushed to the side when they are number 1 contenders ??

 

why didn’t they just have Peyton Royce replace lacy at elimination chamber ?

 

why has Asuka been playing back up to Charlotte ? 
 

why is Asuka still in tag matches ?

 

why isn’t anybody challenging asuka for her tittle ? 
 

 

asuka needs to go to aew at this point . She hasn’t been booked properly since coming to the main roster . ..actually since she lost to Charlotte at wresltmania 

 

How did Bianca and sasha get a tag title show b4 Naomi and Lana ? 
 

I like that they are trying to build the tag titles (adding Dakota and requal in the mix on nxt” but it clearly shows wwe is incapable of booking the women tag Division and the women’s division at the same time , one always gets put on the back burned . 
 

& why has sasha banks title run been so..bland . I mean I’m looking. Forward to see her and Bianca at WM but it’s jus blah 

 

 

sorry for the typos y’all I’m in the gym walking the stair master 
 

 

To be fair, for whatever reason they’ve had Sasha feuding with Carmella since November...they was no reason for that feud to go on past TLC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Asuka ran through the Women's Division in 2020 (and made Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley tap on multiple occasions) and even when she lost to Becky before her reign, they had Asuka knock her out cold to make it clear Asuka is stronger than her. When Shayna beat her at EC they heavily blamed it on Asuka's wrist injury. She has never been booked poorly imo, they just need to let her defend her title more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

So much for AEW focusing on 'young talent'.:deadbanana4: whenever the big show showed up on WWE, the IWC would drag him, but since he's all elite NOW they are praising them

Fickle GIFs | Tenor

 

 

Well look at us agreeing on something...  :eek:  I mean, wbk that the IWC is fickle, but it's a true reverse Warholian expedition to see so much excitement about his AEW arrival after years of the IWC calling him "THE BIG SLOW" anytime he wrestled for WWE  :rip:

 

Also, I don't get the mental gymnastics that have to be done to keep calling AEW "the future" (despite how good their product might be) when this is who they've been hiring:

  • Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko as producers
  • Tazz and JR as commentators
  • Billy Gunn as coach
  • Justin Roberts as ring announcer
  • Janet the makeup lady (the one who beat up Jeff Jarrett with a broom in 1999 and who would get sniped at by heel divas during backstage segments)
  • Sandra the seamstress (the same one from Total Divas)

Not saying these people don't have anything to contribute to the business in 2021, but it looks more like a WWE reunion (with all of them doing the same jobs they did in WWE) than the future  :deadbanana2: Are they gonna let Bill DeMott run developmental next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoldyck said:

Asuka is still booked far better than any women on AEW. She has lot of inconsistent booking ever since coming to main roster, but overall she is treated well. Same can't be said AEW women division. 

I’m not speaking in aew right now . For whatever reason aew has been struggling with the women’s division. & the main reason is. That they aren’t consistAnt every week and random ppl seem to be getting title shots . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stronger23 said:

I’m not speaking in aew right now . For whatever reason aew has been struggling with the women’s division. & the main reason is. That they aren’t consistAnt every week and random ppl seem to be getting title shots . 

yeah aew women division is very poorly handled. They have such great pool of diverse, versatile and talented women, but they have failed miserably. It just bunch of random matches every week, people disappearing and re-appearing out of nowhere. I can't remember a single feud they had over AEW women title (except for Nyla and Shida). 

 

I do like that they Hikaru Shida as an actual champion, someone who don't lose and take unnecessary pins, but other than it, it is all over the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andresg770 said:

Well look at us agreeing on something...  :eek:  I mean, wbk that the IWC is fickle, but it's a true reverse Warholian expedition to see so much excitement about his AEW arrival after years of the IWC calling him "THE BIG SLOW" anytime he wrestled for WWE  :rip:

 

Also, I don't get the mental gymnastics that have to be done to keep calling AEW "the future" (despite how good their product might be) when this is who they've been hiring:

  • Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko as producers
  • Tazz and JR as commentators
  • Billy Gunn as coach
  • Justin Roberts as ring announcer
  • Janet the makeup lady (the one who beat up Jeff Jarrett with a broom in 1999 and who would get sniped at by heel divas during backstage segments)
  • Sandra the seamstress (the same one from Total Divas)

Not saying these people don't have anything to contribute to the business in 2021, but it looks more like a WWE reunion (with all of them doing the same jobs they did in WWE) than the future  :deadbanana2: Are they gonna let Bill DeMott run developmental next?

Not only that but the fact they were having a meltdown just last year when he faced Drew for the WWE title. :deadbanana4:

 

AEW promised to be 'sports based' and they have NOT kept their promise. they do more skits than SNL :celestial5: and the women's division is a hot pile of garbage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite Aew women division being all over the place . They  put on great WRESTLING matches which I love .  Wwe main roster females matches are way too calculate and bland . I wanna see more than running the ropes , big boots , forearm punches, drop kicks  and hurricanaranas 

 

aew women all have different & unique move sets and they actually let both side het offense and show what they got .

 

nxt is killing it too. Even their basic tv matches are ppv worthy . 
 

Another issue I’m having with Wwe is that they book their women so weak . Out of all the women they have on raw , only Charlotte is a believable  threat to asuka right now.  And that’s because anybody who does pin Charlotte or asuka it’s by cheating or interference .

 

nobody is Going to be invested in a feud when we all know who is going to win .  We knew sasha wasn’t losing to Carmella , and we knew asuka wasn’t losing to zelina ... just wasting our time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...