HDD: Taylor Swift #1, Olivia Rodrigo BLOCKED

drivers license

22 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

This isn’t Taylor’s decision or chart manipulation, it’s Billboard’s own rules :rip: Vinyl take 3 to 6 months to produce and ship, and Billboard decides to count the vinyl sales in bulk now. Taylor being able to sell an unprecedented amount of physical albums isn’t desperate. ??‍♂️ 

What a strange rule :psyduck:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Headlock

• Starkboy

• DesiredConsternation

legend taylor :clap3: (future) legend olivia :clap3:

we‘ll have to wait and see who is number 1 on billboard though. didn’t hdd overestimate fearless (tv) and underestimate SOUR?

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Evermore could have easily debuted with over 500k then :deadbanana4: not this puta doing almost 200k and outselling most of the it girls’ first week 6 months in :bibliahh:

you don't think many of the stans who bought this week also bought evermore on its debut week???

1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

What is there to kii about? :skull: Everyone knows it's so high because the vinyls and signed CDs finally got shipped, which just shows how incredible her selling power is. Obviously it won't move no where near those units again next week, considering the album was released 6 months ago :rip: Taylor has more albums charting every single week on the Billboard 200 than any female artist by far. I think she's fine no matter where evermore lands next week don't you think? n

I mean, it would look better if they split the shipping and stays in the Top 10 for couple of months, rather than it jumping to #1 and evaporates the week after. :dies: 

9 minutes ago, Headlock said:

And those predictions had been changing daily, as happens when Taylor selling physicals is involved because she sells, when was the last 140k prediction? :)

Taylor wouldn’t have done a last minute push if she was 30k away, that’s too much, it was obviously much closer than that.

two days ago  :cm:   in fact, she was 35k behind, yikes!

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=326713&title=YOUR-TOP-20%3A-SOUR-STREAMS%2C-SWIFT'S-IN-A-GROOVE

38 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Well this isn’t a Taylor issue, it’s a Billboard issue. The way sales count now are their own rules (only when they ship out). Take it up with them :michael:

26 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Nnnnn you all blaming the artists when Billboard is the one who created this rule after a lot of complains before :bibliahh:

Who do you think I meant when I said "they"?

folklore and evermore's roller coaster sales are so weird and suspicious lol 

Just now, slw84 said:

you don't think many of the stans who bought this week also bought evermore on its debut week???

Yes but ever since Billboard changed the rules to counting sales once they’re shipped instead of when orders were placed we get these weird, random massive spikes. If the rule hadn’t been changed, evermore would have debuted with 500k+ but then we would obviously not be seeing this 190k week :nicole:

Just now, M-P-B said:

What part of daily changes do you not understand :)

Three days before that she was projected to sell as little as 110k :)

Have you ever followed a Taylor release that included physical copies before, she always outdoes initial predictions, they increase daily. Keyword, daily :)

7 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean it makes sense. If a bunch of people pre order the vinyl and then cancel their orders before it ships that would screw up their charts

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

What part of daily changes do you not understand :)

Three days before that she was projected to sell as little as 110k :)

Have you ever followed a Taylor release that included physical copies before, she always outdoes initial predictions, they increase daily. Keyword, daily :)

not by what ended up being 47k  :cm:   90% of those are going to be those desperate "digitally signed" website albums

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

I mean it makes sense. If a bunch of people pre order the vinyl and then cancel their orders before it ships that would screw up their charts

Ikr, the previous rule was even messier in fact in some cases certain artists didn't ship their CDs/Vinyls to their buyers at all yet it got counted for the chart :deadbanana4:

evermore deserves, congrats Taylor :clap3: 

14 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Tbh I'll be pissed if Taylor blocks Olivia from a two-week #1 debut album. :/

Why are y’all acting like Sour isn’t one of the most stable albums in recent history :rip: it’ll easily go back to #1 soon, if not already next week 

The fake outrage is so hilarious :deadbanana2:

why do people act like her numbers are suspicious :skull: she’s projected to sell 100k vinyls, she sold 70k signed copies from her online store and sent some to indie record stores. Plus the amount it sells in a normal week which are around 10k I guess. 

8 minutes ago, SoHyang Knowles said:

There's nothing weird and suspicious, it has to do with how Billboard counts sales now. For anything ordered online, they only count them when they ship, not when they're purchased. There's a huge backlog with vinyl production for the past year or so so it took them this long to manufacture all of them and ship them out. 

9 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

I mean, it would look better if they split the shipping and stays in the Top 10 for couple of months, rather than it jumping to #1 and evaporates the week after. :dies: 

It's not better. Imagine you as buyers get delay for your order meanwhile others get theirs earlier

8 minutes ago, SoHyang Knowles said:

No? It's just cause billboard changed rules for physicals from websites to count whenever they ship now. So whenever the vinyls, cassettes, and signed cds ship they reflect for that week. Which causes the massive jump in sales. :devil:

This is gonna happen again in August whenever the Fearless TV vinyls start shipping. :lmao:

22 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

What else can they do? 

They can't count sales till they ship or fans will buy lots of copies & then refund once it's already been counted for Billboard.

Keeping track of when each album was purchased isn't realistic, so spreading out the weeks sold would be way more work for no reason.

It's the most sensible way to do it tbh. The production of vinyls takes a lot longer than it does for CDs and such, so thats why there's a 6 month delay. 

Edited by TheCheetahwings

I agree that billboard need to rethink the vinyl shipping issue. Evermore deserved that 500k+ debut and tbh I’d have taken that over a random week in May selling 190k 6 months later. It’s a bizarre rule.

6 minutes ago, bad guy said:

SOUR free-falls

:hoetenks:

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

18 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

4 minutes ago, TheCheetahwings said:

What else can they do? 

They can't count sales till they ship or fans will buy lots of copies & then refund once it's already been counted for Billboard.

Keeping track of when each album was purchased isn't realistic, so spreading out the weeks sold would be way more work for no reason.

It's the most sensible way to do it tbh. The production of vinyls takes a lot longer than it does for CDs and such, so thats why there's a 6 month delay. 

What y’all said

the rules were literally changed cause ppl were complaining about how it’s unfair to counts copies before they are actually sent.

which is just a recurring problem with chart watchers these days. Ppl really complain about everything and BB has actually done a great job to make their charts as fair as possible ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.