THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Halsey - ‘If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power’

TalkThatRihanna

34 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

it's only clean artwork, the music must be explicit 

I was already starting to get scared.... So we will be able to buy the original uncensored cover in physical format, right?? (the artwork for this album is fckin awesome) :allears:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bicassie

• Cherish

• Reverse Warholian

• original_lifeline

hmmm so on the CDs there will be any bonus track...?? or they’re only on Walmart exclusive vinyls?? :biblionny:

1 hour ago, stevenisFADING said:

I am in the theater now. The previews have begun.  
it’s pretty packed. 

:jonnycat: Are the previews scary? 

I'll elaborate later but extremely quick initial thoughts: The film is GORGEOUS and on par with a peak Gaga or Beyoncé music video event, the music is her strongest (except 'Darling' which was awful as expected), the tracklist seemed out of order at times and a couple songs were either shortened or omitted in favor of acting cutscenes but the 3/4 of the album that I did hear was phenomenal and I think many of you will stan. Can't wait to hear IICHLIWP in its full glory tomorrow at midnight!

Music and visuals are both 9/10 and I can assure you she delivered on all fronts. Best way to describe the music production is it's one foot in Halsey's world, the other in Trent & Atticus's. Very unique sounding at times but overall not super aggressive or alienating. I know it's premature and maybe it's my stan bias kicking in, but this could end up being my top female album out of these last few years. The lack of radio bops might turn away some, but it's amazing to see her evolve into her most unadulterated artistic self this era. The film just needed to be maybe 10-15 mins longer to accomodate those extra tunes goddamit.

My friend and I are seeing another movie rn since who goes to the theatre for 52 mins?! Lmfao. Will touch base again soon, xoxo!

Spoiler

MANIC FOUND DEAD.

Edited by ReverseWarholian

The movie was great. I do have some minor complaints. The music is

incredible. I’m fairly certain that not all of the songs were previewed however I could be wrong. All of the songs sounded great. I am now going to Walmart to find the vinyl! 

1 minute ago, stevenisFADING said:

The movie was great. I do have some minor complaints. The music is

incredible. I’m fairly certain that not all of the songs were previewed however I could be wrong. All of the songs sounded great. I am now going to Walmart to find the vinyl! 

1 minute ago, mommaswift said:

Yep yep, I mostly agrih! 

You also get to see her chacha a few times :duca:

I just got out of my showing and I'm ****ing shaking :wanda: I don't think all of the songs were played during the movie but what I did hear was ****ing AMAZING 

I believe it’s regional so we should have it tomorrow from NZ. 
I am honestly excited to watch a second time in my hometown Saturday. Maybe it will be a full 10/10 after I hear the record. It definitely was a experience. 

• ATRL Moderator

It was definitely style over substance. The plot is thin and Halsey’s acting is not very good. Some of the songs sounded promising. This movie is something I’ll watch only once tho

• ATRL Moderator

I thought the songs were written with the movie in mind but it seems like the album was made first, then the movie. The songs are played out of order, not in full, and I don’t believe The Tradition was even played  lol It’s nowhere near as rock oriented as I thought it’d be, but I’m excited to listen to the album in full and see if I have a different view. The Lighthouse, Easier & Darling seemed like the standouts. I am not a woman is a bop. Girl Is a Gun seemed like filler & Yaaburnee was a power ballad that played during the credits. 

FILM WAS GREAT.

Love all the visuals and the symbolism.

The album sounds so good and I can’t wait to hear it in full :jonny:

I loved the set and couture high fashion (Law Roach did a stellar job :smitten:) throughout the movie! The horror atmosphere she was mixing with her own vision worked really well imo. Whoever shot this did amazing with certain shots that served PURE Art. I was shocked how hard Halsey served especially when half of it is her pregnant. She deserves the acclaim; I also realized halfway through, most of the songs wouldn't be in but I will be copping a Vinyl 

Spoiler

Songs that intrigued me with their respected scene:

-intro with the full black mourn look after killing her man. what song is that one called?

-Her being a wreck with her friends in town, I loved :smitten:

-Her running through the woods while being chased after her water broke, I was living with that IMAX sound level

Scenes that I instantaneously fell in love:

-The strength she was exuding while walking naked toward the lake, pregnant :flame:

-The day fireworks & camera pan above her

-The dress she wore with the white tears and taking off all that opulence

-Her enjoying a picnic day with her baby in that high fashion dress with dandelions floating around; J'adore!

-Her final scene with the crown surrounding her face and killing the antagonist :flame: lemme see if that Urbanoutfitter vinyl is still available :jonny5: