• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ariel

• smoore95GAGA

• AnonnonA

• siegetheday

Cherry Blossom is really the Lonely Weekend of the album, deadass.

38d801a4a5851bf3e4cf2e6eeaa8798e15247f17

On justified which is a nice cool down after 5 absolute serves. Good Wife :jonny5:Cherry Blossom :jonny5: Simple Times :jonny5: If This Was A Movie.. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Gorgeous said:

sis read my post again :deadbanana4:

Oop I quoted the wrong thing :gaycat6:

I meant to quote your post where you said the only skip was Breadwinner.

6 minutes ago, Mellark said:

Cherry Blossom is really the Lonely Weekend of the album, deadass.

38d801a4a5851bf3e4cf2e6eeaa8798e15247f17

No it’s the Wonder Woman :cm:

I think the lyrics being basic(?) is what made this album so special to me. It reminds me a little of Flowers for Vases from Hayley. They went straight to the point of their feelings and this made the record being raw (and great).

1 minute ago, smoore95GAGA said:

No it’s the Wonder Woman :cm:

Yeah.

1. star-crossed - perfect intro, 10/10
  2. good wife - this got better and better - 9/10
  3. cherry blossom - it’s a bop, but not 100% sold on it - 8/10
  4. simple times - 7.5/10
  5. if this was a movie - the chorus is excellent but i feel like it’s missing something? idk what - 7/10
  6. justified - this is growing but that “if i cry just a little and then laugh in a middle” line makes me :dies:- 8.5/10
  7. angel - so simple yet so beautiful - 8.5/10
  8. breadwinner - 7/10
  9. camera roll - 9/10
  10. easier said - 9/10
  11. hookup scene - i didn’t expect this to be so sad - 8/10
  12. keep lookin up - 7/10
  13. what doesn’t kill me - 8.5/10
  14. there is a light - 10/10
  15. gracias a la vida - what is going awn, the production is …, the last minute wtf. i’m not sure what to think - 6.5/10

Overall - 8/10

im excited to see the songs alongside the film later today and get more into the album so the tracks grow on me : )

I'm OBSESSED with Easier Said. Maybe it's starting to click after all. :jonnycat:

Really loved the album, a lot of highlights. The only problem I have is that some songs end up sounding a bit the same sonically (simple times, if this was a movie, angel, camera roll) at least at first listen I couldn’t always tell them apart, unlike her previous material where all sounds were more unique 

with that said it’s also the first album of hers where I don’t have skip or a bad song, even GH had a skip here and there 

overall an amazing record, proud of her :clap3: 

Easier Said and Keep Lookin’ Up grew on me so much :flame: my favs after a couple of listens are still Simple Times, Angel (the subtle thunder sounds!!) and What Doesn’t Kill Me. I agree this album is definitely not as good as her previous albums. Especially following Golden Hour, which somehow feels super… effortless? Like all the melodies just clicked right into place for that album.  But i love love love the dreamy vibe and sonic evolution in this album :clap3:

Edited by AnonnonA

13 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

Will the film have all of the songs played in order?

no they are switched around a bit

A solid album by miss Kacey :clap3:

Of course, i need some time to appreciate the last few tracks, but overall wow :jonny5:

Still a flawless discography! :gaygacat5:

Y'all were right with camera roll :cries:

She did witchcraft on that song. Idk if its the lyrics or if its the effect applied to her voice or her vulberable delivery :cries: or maybe all of the above :cries:

She did THAT. The classic Kacey :cries:

12 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

Y'all were right with camera roll :cries:

She did witchcraft on that song. Idk if its the lyrics or if its the effect applied to her voice or her vulberable delivery :cries: or maybe all of the above :cries:

She did THAT. The classic Kacey :cries:

I have been obsessively playing the song I am worried about my mental health:jonny6:

The subtle sadness and bittersweetness:jonny6:

12 minutes ago, Nick_317 said:

The subtle sadness and bittersweetness:jonny6:

YES :cries: probably my most fave on my first listen

The album is really great until you get to gracias a la Vida 

lemme delete that one real quick

Edited by ONOPKA

This is amazing. Why were all of the reviewers trying to tell us it sucked? I especially love this album for the simple juxtaposition next to Golden Hour. How tragically beautiful!

Stunning album, as expected from Kacey. It's so simple and restrained. Honestly, I don't feel much of a sonic difference from Golden Hour outside of a few songs. She might have gotten a little more pop-focused but the album still feels country to me from the songwriting style, melodies and the acoustic guitar in most of the songs. It has the same chilled out easy-listening vibe and I love that. I actually think I prefer it to GH (which is her worst album for me, Pageant Material supremacy btw!). It has the same vibe but higher highs on first few listens. 

Camera Roll, Breadwinner, What Doesn't Kill Me, Simple Times and Good Wife are the standouts I feel.