Kacey Musgraves - ‘star-crossed’

AnonnonA

9 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

Sorry for bumping this thread and pardon my ignorance, but is this account reliable? I’m hoping this timeline is accurate if it’s true that the album has been completed ages ago :chick3: 

Dior just reshares previously spilled tea that's been public.

Kacey herself said the album is coming in September (or it was in a magazine interview where they said September, regardless..) July is obvious. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ariel

• smoore95GAGA

• AnonnonA

• siegetheday

Kacey trying to turn me into a stan I see :jonny4: especially excited for the early 2000's pop/r&b infuence

3 hours ago, Edibles. said:

Dior just reshares previously spilled tea that's been public.

Kacey herself said the album is coming in September (or it was in a magazine interview where they said September, regardless..) July is obvious. 

I see! Thanks for the clarification! Hopefully July is really the month then 

It’s officially the first day of July here. Hoping for more magazine cover stories/ lead single announcement this month :allears:

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

https://crackmagazine.net/article/profiles/kacey-musgraves/

On Golden Hour, Musgraves captured the effervescence of love with a wondrous optimism and clarity. But, this time around, she wrote songs about that same relationship’s dissolution, almost in real time, accepting the emotional blow. They are songs about self-doubt as a new wife, the raw confusion of later parting ways, and realising the single life isn’t as freeing as she’d hoped. But there’s also tracks about how her success, and women’s success, can supersede their male partners’. It is an attempt, she says, to capture “the push and pull of tension between sorrow and joy”, and is spun together with little metaphor to hide behind.

If Golden Hour represented escapism, he says, this record is about “hyperrealism”. Her lyrics still paint vivid pictures, but the weightless euphoria has been cut with grit now, and a revealing melancholy – even if it’s about recovering from pain – marks almost every track.  

Production-wise, the record places bittersweet songs like fados and buoyant pop tracks practically side-by-side; Japanese katos segue into jazz flutes into aggressive vocal processing. The thematic through-line is equally volatile, as humans in the grips of heartbreak tend to be: the tragedy starts with a bruised protagonist and ends with one significantly less so, but the journey to that point is shaped by setbacks and contradictions.

Tashian recalls working on the record’s titular opening track – a pared back, Latin-inflected ballad about resigning from a relationship and accepting fate without bitterness. Fairly exposed at first, it swells into a pattern of guttural electric guitar, spectral strings and a chorus of voices.

Edited by AnonnonA

That review is lovely and does a good job of hyping the record. But like where is it? Feels like I've been waiting for it for a decade.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-17-2015/-XIu12.gif

I thought for sure it would be called Star Crossed but that wasn't the opening track on that tracklist....

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

I thought for sure it would be called Star Crossed but that wasn't the opening track on that tracklist....

I'm quite positive the album is called Star Crossed - the description of the opening track in the Crack interview fits what we know of the song Star Crossed. The actual order of the songs is probably different from the tracklist posted.

Edited by AnonnonA

I’m certain this album is titled Star Crossed. The whole Shakespeare tragedy, three act structure is so exciting to me. This is easily my most anticipated album coming up. Where is it Ms. Musgraves?? Do we have any idea when it’ll drop? :jonny5:

She’s teasing something on her IG stories. 

“Did we fly too high just to get burned by the sun?”

:jonny5:

• #FreeBritney Activist
On 8/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, SitarHero said:

It is tho

• #FreeBritney Activist

She's already scalping me and I haven't even heard nothin yet :monkey: