• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ariel

• smoore95GAGA

• AnonnonA

• siegetheday

I've been re-listening to Pageant Material today and phew that's such a good country album still :jonny: 

Also, she's just crossed 1,000 scrobbles on my last.fm! An icon, me thinks!

1 hour ago, LiveYourLife said:

Justified was added to 16 radio stations on pop radio! 

Also currently #45 on US Spotify with 430,034 streams (+47,894)

3 minutes ago, AnonnonA said:

I wonder why they didn’t push this at the VMAs

• #FreeBritney Activist
4 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

wheew!!

5 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

A smash for Kacey standard. Please keep raising or stablelize.

Why she going around doing talkshow but not performing on them yet. I remember Golden hour have a lot of talkshow performance 

I'm assuming 'good wife' is just part of the narrative cause the song is so good but the lyrics are the biggest cliché of heteronormative submission. :duck:

I didn't know Kacey had a new man already :deadbanana2: Here I am in my divorce era listening to the album but she's basically already in her honeymoon stage :deadbanana2:

Golden Hour was soo great, but this is only half as good... Lyrically it's too on the nose.

Happy its doing well for her, her VMAs performance was great.

I absolutely love to work with this playing in the background.

It's so soothing and relaxing :alexz3:

Edited by Null

22 hours ago, Vorfreude said:

The way this album sounds amazing in car.

Such a beautiful road album :alexz:

This is how I experienced it and fell in love.

3 hours ago, humbz said:

I'm assuming 'good wife' is just part of the narrative cause the song is so good but the lyrics are the biggest cliché of heteronormative submission. :duck:

I think that's the whole point - I interpreted the song as her basically showing how ridiculous normal heteronormative conventions of a "good" wife are, and how she initially blames herself and implores God to help her, just because she doesn't fit into these stereotypes. But as the album progresses, she realises she doesn't have adhere to these cliches (evident through breadwinner and there is a light lyrics)

Edited by AnonnonA

3 hours ago, Cookies n Cream said:

Golden Hour was soo great, but this is only half as good... Lyrically it's too on the nose.

Happy its doing well for her, her VMAs performance was great.

It doesn't feel too different from her previous albums lyrically, but something about moving her lyrics out of the quaint, more stripped down sound removes the earnestness/winking nod/campiness of them. I think?

1 hour ago, AnonnonA said:

I think that's the whole point - I interpreted the song as her basically showing how ridiculous normal heteronormative conventions of a "good" wife are, and how she initially blames herself and implores God to help her, just because she doesn't fit into these stereotypes. But as the album progresses, she realises she doesn't have adhere to these cliches (evident through breadwinner and there is a light lyrics)

definitely. even the way gracias a la vida weirdly changes its tempo and aesthetic can be intended as her journey to the modern times and different perceptions.

5 hours ago, humbz said:

I almost take it as an insult to her ex because she’s saying he needs her to survive. 

8 hours ago, humbz said:

definitely. even the way gracias a la vida weirdly changes its tempo and aesthetic can be intended as her journey to the modern times and different perceptions.

8 hours ago, justin. said:

I almost take it as an insult to her ex because she’s saying he needs her to survive. 

Very valid observations! :alexz3: