Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ronela wins FiK

Queen Conchita

i hope RAI pulls all the italianism they're known for and reverts the contest back to the pre-covid days and BANS backing tracks right away.

watch them pull a true sanremo and allow live instruments for the first time in idk how many years :WAP:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funhouse

• Pendulum

• Blackthorn

• Flomik

Next year is going to be exciting!

meanwhile we're using X Factor to pick an entrant for next year, the mess incoming. :rip: 

I would like to think the null results would push the UK to something that is even slightly interesting next year, but BBC will probably just pout and send yet another flop:michael:

2021 was a great contest. I've saved so many performances to my playlist. The bar is high!

Belarus is still butthurt over their disqualification and it might pull a Turkey and stop participating altogether.

Wiwibloggs said that BTRC stopped reporting about ESC ever since their entry got disqualified.

6 minutes ago, Gogetonthebus said:

I would like to think the null results would push the UK to something that is even slightly interesting next year, but BBC will probably just pout and send yet another flop:michael:

2021 was a great contest. I've saved so many performances to my playlist. The bar is high!

The BBC is not gonna put any effort because as far as they are concerned, ESC 2021 was a success because UK ratings were higher than ever. 

ESC is easy ratings for them because it costs next to nothing to air the show in the UK and 4+ hours of entertainment is delivered with guaranteed high ratings. As far as the BBC are concerned, they have delivered "value for money" to the public. So unless UK ratings go dramatically down, the BBC is just going to coast through without much effort. 

That being said, Embers was a good song, but I think there were other factors that caused the flop. James didn't deserve the zero though.

Maybe Diane Warren and Andrew Lloyd Webber should come back as the songwriter and producer for whoever is selected for the UK. 

42 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

i hope RAI pulls all the italianism they're known for and reverts the contest back to the pre-covid days and BANS backing tracks right away.

watch them pull a true sanremo and allow live instruments for the first time in idk how many years :WAP:

We would LOVE to see this :clap3:

I'm ready for the winner to be announced cca 4:30 in the morning :clap3:

8 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

That’s good for me who lives on the other side of the globe.

I won’t have to wake up at 5 am to watch the results show :clap3:

Edited by AgentChain

52 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

YES. This needs to be item number one on the list of COVID changes rolled back. Back to live vocals only immediately!

13 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

i'm lowkey so perched for the LONGEST eurovision show ever as the follow up to the eurovision show with the longest wait between two contests (2019-2021) :jonny5:

Chișinău 2023

If Kirkorov stays with the Moldovian team. :chick2:

On 5/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, Komet blu said:

in7ht9hoau071.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ff1600d0a8476342141ef77044904a8cb72d63b5

The hole in the central/eastern europe :deadbanana2:Hopefully someone wins who hasn't won yet.

Didn't know Estonia and Latvia already won. Lithuania better win soon.

On 5/23/2021 at 6:28 PM, Komet blu said:

in7ht9hoau071.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ff1600d0a8476342141ef77044904a8cb72d63b5

The hole in the central/eastern europe :deadbanana2:Hopefully someone wins who hasn't won yet.

Slovakia and Hungary aren't participating, Poland is about to withdraw (me thinks :wave:), so Iceland FTW.

2 hours ago, Yomaku said:

Next year is going to be exciting!

meanwhile we're using X Factor to pick an entrant for next year, the mess incoming. :rip: 

Are u from Malta? I think they use X Factor - Destiny and that blonde? Please vote for a group - girl group or boy group :clap3:I wish we had X Factor, you are so lucky, we do not have anything. Plus, at least you have a say in who should represent you. In a lot of countries, people do not have a chance to decide, but the TV/channel is like "here it is, this person will represent you with this song".

Send some good group like this

2 hours ago, AgentChain said:

Belarus is still butthurt over their disqualification and it might pull a Turkey and stop participating altogether.

Wiwibloggs said that BTRC stopped reporting about ESC ever since their entry got disqualified.

They should be banned after staging a terrorist threat to ground a flight and arrest a dissident. That country is politically out of control and the government needs to be punished

Only send boy groups or girl groups if they will sing bangers and do choreography like Hurricane pls

I WANT AUSTRALIA TO SEND THIS PERSON! I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE TWO SONGS :jamming::jamming::jamming:

3 hours ago, AgentChain said:

Not like anyone’s gonna miss their constant NQ entries :rip: Good riddance :wave:

41 minutes ago, Valtersen said:

Not like anyone’s gonna miss their constant NQ entries :rip: Good riddance :wave:

But... Da Vidna was great! :smitten:

4 hours ago, DUA LIPA said:

That would be the best decision. Some performers were abusing the backing tracks a lot this year.

5 hours ago, DUA LIPA said:

It's not up to RAI unfortunately. The EBU/reference group decided to allow backing track for 2021 and they will decide whether it'll be allowed in the future.

1 hour ago, Funhouse said:

It's not up to RAI unfortunately. The EBU/reference group decided to allow backing track for 2021 and they will decide whether it'll be allowed in the future.

rai better sabotage the production and accidentally forget to mix the backing tracks in during the shows then :WAP:

i’m kidding but yeah this needs to stop before people start to take advantage of it even more than they already did this year

3 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

They should be banned after staging a terrorist threat to ground a flight and arrest a dissident. That country is politically out of control and the government needs to be punished

they will be allowed to submit again just like israel and azerbaijan, it will be up to them not to send propaganda.

Belarus didn't even broadcast Eurovision this year, which I'm pretty sure prevents them from taking part next year.

Greece – In January 2021 it was announced that Greek national broadcaster ERT were intending to hold a national final for Eurovision 2022. However, an official confirmation of participation is yet to be made.

Wait, Miss Wikipedia is confused, now are 10 countries confirmed for 2022. Anyway, does this mean Greece will have their own Melodifestivalen? I am here for it. Usually in this kind of competitions there are at least 1-2 good songs (which usually do not win - cough cough - I am looking at you Sweden/Norway/Estonia/Denmark)