Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ronela wins FiK

Queen Conchita

• ATRL Moderator

The UK easily has the queens from DRUK they could send if they want a better result.  It’s hard to imagine either UK Hun? or Break Up (Bye Bye) leaving without any points.  I think just having queens themselves there would give them some televotes.

I do feel kinda bad for James.  Embers was the best UK song from the last few years and didn’t deserve to flop more than the others did.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funhouse

• Pendulum

• Blackthorn

• Flomik

5 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Hoping Finland and Italy doing well with Rock songs encourages a move in that direction next year.

Here for Rockvision 2022 :clap3:

:clap3:

Based on Wikipedia, countries confirmed for Eurovision 2022:

1. Australia (artist and song will be known February 2022)

2. Belgium

3. Croatia

4. Estonia

5. Finland

6. France

7. Germany

8. Greece

9. Israel

10. Italy (host, of course)

11. San Marino (artist will be known November 2021 = this year)

12. Sweden

13. Switzerland

I am happy Croatia will participate, hopefully they will send something like Tick-Tock and not some boring-basic-forgettable-ballad-opera-or-something-similar? 

Yes to Greece! Stefania's Supergirl was everything, I was not fan of Last Dance, but the country usually has good songs.

And yes to new year Melodifestivalen! Hopefully would be as good as this year and I pray this time Sweden chooses the best song.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Guy Next Door said:

Based on Wikipedia, countries confirmed for Eurovision 2022:

1. Australia (artist and song will be known February 2022)

2. Belgium

3. Croatia

4. Estonia

5. Finland

6. France

7. Germany

8. Greece

9. Israel

10. Italy (host, of course)

11. San Marino (artist will be known November 2021 = this year)

12. Sweden

13. Switzerland

I am happy Croatia will participate, hopefully they will send something like Tick-Tock and not some boring-basic-forgettable-ballad-opera-or-something-similar? 

Yes to Greece! Stefania's Supergirl was everything, I was not fan of Last Dance, but the country usually has good songs.

And yes to new year Melodifestivalen! Hopefully would be as good as this year and I pray this time Sweden chooses the best song.

Do we know what new countries are thinking about participating in 2022?

2 minutes ago, jpow said:

Do we know what new countries are thinking about participating in 2022?

Andorra and Morocco are unknown/maybe. You can see on the official Wikipedia page, I am not really good in English.

And it says that Kazakhstan shows Eurovision since 2012 and must rely on annual special "guest" invitations by the EBU ... in short, if I understood correctly, Eurovision has to invite/approve their participation I guess?

2 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

I'd love for the UK to send a song in Welsh or Scottish Gaelic one year (I would say Irish too but I could imagine that might be a bit controversial). I feel like people would eat that up. The BBC would never but I can dream

Send Rina Sawayama next year and win the whole contest!!!

28 minutes ago, Guy Next Door said:

Andorra and Morocco are unknown/maybe. You can see on the official Wikipedia page, I am not really good in English.

And it says that Kazakhstan shows Eurovision since 2012 and must rely on annual special "guest" invitations by the EBU ... in short, if I understood correctly, Eurovision has to invite/approve their participation I guess?

Your English is absolutely fine! 

And, yes, EBU needs to extend them an invitation.

BTW, it's high time Sweden sent Agnes. She has an album coming out this year, but she can spare one smash for Melodifestivalen.

That would be a MOMENT, a RESET.  One can dream!:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

in7ht9hoau071.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ff1600d0a8476342141ef77044904a8cb72d63b5

The hole in the central/eastern europe :deadbanana2:Hopefully someone wins who hasn't won yet.

I also need to see legend TAYANNA performing for Ukraine. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, elvenOCEAN said:

Your English is absolutely fine! 

And, yes, EBU needs to extend them an invitation.

Thank you, tell that to my English teacher, she said I was not good. I thought she hates me, but the previous one did not wanted to send me on English competition, so I guess she did not believe in me either :biblio: She wanted to send the popular rich kid, but he refused, so we did not participate.

Anyway, let me not be off-topic. Moldova or Romania should send Irina with something like this (love this song)

The BBC should let Scotland and Wales have separate entries and fix it so none of us can ever have 0 points again. :clap3:

One of us is bound to win at some point.  

Edited by Benjamin

We might get Andorra in 2022!

Mans and his hope and dream conquering Eurovision going to end, Italy will probably not invite him to perform :laugh:.

2 hours ago, Komet blu said:

in7ht9hoau071.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ff1600d0a8476342141ef77044904a8cb72d63b5

The hole in the central/eastern europe :deadbanana2:Hopefully someone wins who hasn't won yet.

and there's still users on here who cry "eastern european block voting!!!!" :devil:

4 hours ago, Komet blu said:

Omg :rip:

Wait why is Croatia greyed out like that?

1 minute ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Because technically Yugoslavia won in 1989, but the artist was Croatian and the contest was held in Zagreb the year after that.

1 minute ago, Komet blu said:

Because technically Yugoslavia won in 1989, but the artist was Croatian and the contest was held in Zagreb the year after that.

Ah makes sense, thanks!

2 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Omg :rip:

2 hours ago, Komet blu said:

1990 was also the last time Yugoslavia participated before breakup and war! Italy won that year, maybe in 2022 a reverse experience will happen and one of the ex-Yu countries wins :eli:

18 hours ago, ynneg said:

RAI said it wanted to host it in Torino in case Francesco won in 2017. The mayor has already said that they're going to start to work on the city's bid right away + Milano, Bologna and Pesaro have expressed their interest so far (all major cities are holding municipal elections this fall so it's going to be interesting to see how and if the bidding plays a role in the campaigns)

I think Turin seems feasible though? I don't think Rome has like indoor arenas, surprisingly no?

Edited by Mellark

15 hours ago, Pendulum said:

We might get Andorra in 2022!

okay they confirmed they're not returning :rip:

One more country confirmed their participation. 

"The Netherlands "aiming to stay successful" as they confirm 2022 participation" - from Wikipedia.

Now, 14 countries are confirmed.

Reminder, the others are: Australia, Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland.

5 hours ago, Mellark said:

I think Turin seems feasible though? I don't think Rome has like indoor arenas, surprisingly no?

apparently the best suited venues are in Milan, Turin and Rome, with Rome having the smallest venue out of those with 11.5k capacity, Milan following with 12,7k and Turin having the biggest indoor venue in Italy with a capacity of 18,5k. 

13 minutes ago, Guy Next Door said:

One more country confirmed their participation. 

"The Netherlands "aiming to stay successful" as they confirm 2022 participation" - from Wikipedia.

Now, 14 countries are confirmed.

Reminder, the others are: Australia, Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland.

I am shocked Croatia confirmed so soon our participation, especially because of how hyped they were with Albina making it into the finals only to flop :rip: 

I guess they are still hungry for success, which is a good thing!

5 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I am shocked Croatia confirmed so soon our participation, especially because of how hyped they were with Albina making it into the finals only to flop :rip: 

I guess they are still hungry for success, which is a good thing!

Croatia was the one that did not deserve to be eliminated in semi final. I expected/wanted to be TOP10 in the final. If the jury wanted a shock elimination, I guess they got it, because a lot of people were surprised. Albina has everything: beauty, amazing voice and modern and catchy song, I really do not get it how did end up like that.

On the participation in 2022, Wikipedia is quoting her source like "Croatia: Opatija Agrees Three Year Deal to Host Dora". I just hope this won't make Croatian people to send next year some opera or crazy rock or something... I want something similar to "Tick-Tock", I adore songs with good choreography, dancers and amazing performance :jamming: