• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funhouse

• Pendulum

• Blackthorn

• Flomik

500px-Eurovision_Italy_2022_logo.png

Congratulations Italy! I guess we are packing our bags to Rome next year or wherever RAI decides to host it. I think it's very clear that after this past year, people are just tired of sadness and want to feel the good vibes. Now the questions begin:

1) Where do you think RAI is willing to host it? I feel like Rome and Milan can be fine but their arenas hold like 11k-12k capacities. Turin has the biggest arena capacity, so let Rai figure that out and it seems the most sense in terms of demand and capacity.

2) Who should be the hosts? 

See you girls there!!

my predictions:

Wiktoria and Jon Henrik join forces in Melfest

Australia uses their NQ to justify internally selecting Dami Im

UK flops again

So we're going to have 25 songs on the finals now?

21 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

@KillingYourCareer

i’m really happy for you....it’s your turn now sis :sistrens:

I didn't suffer with TWO years of seeing Duncan's face for nothing :jonny5:

So is Andorra still planning to make return in 2022? hopefully Armenia comes back next year.

Are there any other countries that could debut or return after few years?

36 minutes ago, fiercE said:

Yes. But 26 countries in the final just seems natural. :cries:

4 minutes ago, Torturo said:

So is Andorra still planning to make return in 2022? hopefully Armenia comes back next year.

Are there any other countries that could debut or return after few years?

Liechtenstein has been thinking about entering for a couple of years now.

I would love for Bosnia & Herzegovina to return. :jonny5:

Hungary, Slovakia, Turkey, Montenegro, Belarus also.

42 minutes ago, fiercE said:

yes, just like 2011 when germany hosted

• ATRL Moderator

Hopefully Australia sends Electric Fields

UK should finally send some drag queens

Go Milano!

(Cause I have a friend there where I could stay if I ever get the chance to go lol)

Edited by Eric.

So happy Italy won, but not happy that Azerbaijan, Moldova, Cyprus and Serbia are behind some not-quality songs. And Malta definitely deserved at least third place!

Croatia's elimination was the most unfair thing I have ever witnessed! I thought she is gonna be TOP10 in the finale!

But, I will be happy, because this year we got soo many good songs + 4 amazing songs from Melodifestivalen + 3 from Norway's choosing competition :jamming: I am just pissed about the results with such an amazing year.

Eurovision 2021 and Melodifestivalen 2021 will remain to me as the year with the best songs.

Please 2022 be as good as 2021 when it comes to Eurovision songs.

I think based on what happened this year, it is definitely going to make the 2 out of the Big 5 get their **** together unless the UK withdraws. I hope the UK brings back their selection but they don't take the contest seriously. Hopefully, Germany gives quality next year and stop sending mediocrity. (They had a chance with Ben Dolic, but they blew it) A lot of countries have to do a lot of reforming in their song contests to get it together. If UK, Germany, Netherlands (which was totally unjust and deserved better) and Spain get 0 points, then there is a problem and they need to get it together for 2022. If they don't, then they don't care. I would be embarrassed if I got 0 points from the public.

The biggest kii is Sweden being on the right side of the scoreboard and it shows that Melfest is going to be revamped (Christer isn't coming back so I hope the new producer might reform it a little) and that Europe is tired of same entries from them. I hope they send something different. I think next year will have some Måneskin clones for sure. 

Next year, UK should send Rak-Su, they, like Maneskin, were on X Factor, but they won. Rak-Su have great music, I think the public loves them + Eurovision needs more boy groups :jamming:

If they send something like this...

Hoping Finland and Italy doing well with Rock songs encourages a move in that direction next year.

Here for Rockvision 2022 :clap3:

10 hours ago, Mellark said:

1) Where do you think RAI is willing to host it? I feel like Rome and Milan can be fine but their arenas hold like 11k-12k capacities. Turin has the biggest arena capacity, so let Rai figure that out and it seems the most sense in terms of demand and capacity.

2) Who should be the hosts? 

9 hours ago, Quenn said:

Any ideas as to which city it’s going to be held in?

RAI said it wanted to host it in Torino in case Francesco won in 2017. The mayor has already said that they're going to start to work on the city's bid right away + Milano, Bologna and Pesaro have expressed their interest so far (all major cities are holding municipal elections this fall so it's going to be interesting to see how and if the bidding plays a role in the campaigns)

Congratulazioni :clap3:I never really cared that much about Eurovision but I'm happy a rock song won. 

Anyway, Milan or Turin better host the show next year instead of that dump called Rome. Il Giro d'Italia in 2018 was embarassing already.

Edited by Oceania

:party: :party:

I was hoping it would be close to me so I could go, but I think I'd prefer the tv experience afterall

I'd love for the UK to send a song in Welsh or Scottish Gaelic one year (I would say Irish too but I could imagine that might be a bit controversial). I feel like people would eat that up. The BBC would never but I can dream

i'm so excited for the bidding in the upcoming months :WAP:

i just know that it's going to be a 5 hours long extravaganza with RAI being involved :jonny5:

i wanto to go so it better be in north Italy (Milan or Turin)..is the ticket very expensive?