THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Anne-Marie - ‘Therapy’

Moonlightbae

I loved every song! x2, Who I Am and Unlovable are great surprises. Too lazy to write a paragraph as a review now but i will later

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• KeshasFansRose

• Moonlightbae

• nooniebao

Unlovable is a standout, v Raye-esque. I enjoyed this album more than I expected. It was easy listening, inoffensive. Couple of songs sound filler but I’ll most more detailed thoughts after more listens. 

I was expecting something worse, lol.

Yeah, there's a couple of bops in here, releasing the weakest / worst songs as singles was a choice.

Better Not Together serving 2012-2013 Pop, pretty cute!  :celestial:

Who I Am, Breathing & Unlovable might be my faves from this. 

Anne-Marie has revealed she scrapped an entire album in 2019 before writing her new record Therapy.

Prior to working on her upcoming LP, which is released this Friday (July 23), Anne-Marie told Music Week that she shelved an entirely different project in 2019, which she describes as "some really weird s**t".

Then after a father and his young daughter met her after a show, with the parent explaining how much of a role model Anne-Marie was for his child, she rang her manager that same day and pulled the plug on the new material.

Anne-Marie scrapped an entire album before writing new record Therapy (officialcharts.com)

3 minutes ago, KeshasFansRose said:

Anne-Marie has revealed she scrapped an entire album in 2019 before writing her new record Therapy.

Prior to working on her upcoming LP, which is released this Friday (July 23), Anne-Marie told Music Week that she shelved an entirely different project in 2019, which she describes as "some really weird s**t".

Then after a father and his young daughter met her after a show, with the parent explaining how much of a role model Anne-Marie was for his child, she rang her manager that same day and pulled the plug on the new material.

Anne-Marie scrapped an entire album before writing new record Therapy (officialcharts.com)

"really weird s***" as in she experimented more and decided to water everything down because of a dad?

anyways i will give this a chance at midnight. going in with expectations on the floor though.

yet another album where its all same-y. The second half of the album literally blends into one thing and I cant imagine anyone would be able to tell which song it is.

16 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

"really weird s***" as in she experimented more and decided to water everything down because of a dad?

anyways i will give this a chance at midnight. going in with expectations on the floor though.

I wonder if TBY and Problems were from this "really weird s***" and her label just put them out anyway to buy time.

Beautiful was done a while ago, she's been talking about that Ed song since TBY came out. Same for Who I Am (made around the same time as Birthday). The Rudimental song was probably made during the Come Over sessions

The rest was probably made more recently.

x2 - Such a great song to open the album and it's filled with attitude. It's so RAYE though, you can tell she penned this :skull: i love both her and Anne so that combination obviouly turns out to be :flame: 10/10

Don't Play - The biggest hit from this album so far but it's so... whatever. I don't mind if it comes on my playlist but i wouldn't go to listen by myself. 7/10

Kiss My (Uh Oh) - A huge banger even though it sounds like a Glory Days leftover. The song is a bit dated but i love it so much! All of the girls slayed this 9/10

Who I Am - one of my favorites! So catchy and i love the production 10/10

Our Song - Also pretty cute. It bothers me that it sounds Niall feat her and it's painfully generic, but i like it 8/10

Way Too Long - It's a bit random to be here but turned out to be a grower for me. I love the production 8/10

Breathing - Starts from nothing and goes nowhere. A cute midtempo/filler but i keep forgetting how it sounds like but i remember that i thought it was cute nnn 7/10

Unlovable - This is a BANGER! Definitely my favorite from the album and i love everything about it. I just wish it had a final chorus... i hope someone adds it 10/10

Beautiful - I love the lyrics to this and it's a typical Ed Sheeran penned song. In that case he just re-wrote Beautiful People and gave to her but i like it lol 9/10

Tell Your Girlfriend - It's so good! I love the production and the catchy lyrics. It's also pretty short but i feel like that song is complete 10/10

Better Not Together - It would've been cute if it was released 5 or 6 years ago. Reminds me of What About Us by P!nk. And What About Us was already dated back in 2017 :rip:  5/10

Therapy - Sounds straight of 2016 on the trop house trend. I loved that trend but it's weird to hear this on a 2021 record, ngl. 6/10

I loved the album and like i said, it's good for what it is: A collection of carefree pop bops. My only complaint is how some songs are so short and how dated some are, it feels like they belong to a 2015 album. Some songs are too juvenille too, Anne is 30... but after reading her saying how she wants to be a role model to young girls, i get her decision to keep it like that.

All in all it's a good effort, i'm happy for her :heart:

very surprised about this album. after the first listen, i will buy the vinyl

Beautiful is a BOP :jonny4:

wait not Better Not Together being a smash too :jonny: maybe she did something 

Edited by Twilish

I didn't love the album but it gave me x2 and I'll always respect it for that. 

I hope she experiments with some new sounds on her next album, I like the generic mall pop that she does but that's becoming way too prominent. I need more Gemini's, more Some People's, more Peak's, more Then's.

Tell Your Girlfriend can become a hit if it has a remix with an rapper :jonny: where's Saweetie at?

This is bad

X2 and Don’t Play are the only good tracks 

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

this album sucked :gaycat6: I revisited her debut earlier today which I used to love and (understandably) it’s so dated now, but somehow this feels even more dated and generic compared to it :rip:

12 hours ago, KeshasFansRose said:

omg :cries: I would love to hear that - it almost seems that rather than progressing she regressed with this album - these songs are nowhere near as strong as her previous material.

Kiss My is twice on Top 10. Album is #3 on iTunes and top 10 on AM. It was #1 on Amazon and she has multiple physicals and bundles. I'm expecting a 15-20k debut... idk where that would put her in but i hope top 3 on the Official Charts. SYM was also #3 and she had a lot more hype back then

13 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

This is bad

X2 and Don’t Play are the only good tracks 

Yeah I agree.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Anne-Marie, but I really enjoyed the album!

Since the announcement of the collab with my queens LM, I watched a few interviews and Anne seems really sweet, I hope this does well for her and Kiss My is a hit!

I enjoy the album. It's obviously not something out of the box or sophisticated but for a pop fan like me, these are cute little bops which I dig.

She needs to start thinking of something new or at least a little bit childish tho