THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Anne-Marie - ‘Therapy’

Moonlightbae

On 7/8/2021 at 12:52 AM, Lady Claire said:

Bc it flopped just like To Be Young :skull:

Way Too Long also flopped but since it's more recent she added for the sake of streams. She should've added Birthday, Problems, TBY, Her and Come Over on a deluxe though

This. She needs all the streams that she can get.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:14 PM, Lady Claire said:

x2 and Breathing were written by RAYE, Beautiful is indeed the Ed song and Kamille had a hand on Unlovable, Better Not Together and most likely Uh Oh too. I wonder what happened to the Marshmello collab, she said back then she had a new song with him (and another with Ed) but turns out we only got the Ed one. Maybe she's saving for a deluxe?

I don't think it has changed much tbh. Who I Am for example was produced by Oak and the same team she did Birthday and I Love Me. She's probably keeping this one for a while, and i guess there's some others too. She's been talking about the Ed penned song for a while, the Niall and LM collabs were made more recently.

There's a lot of outtakes though, the final tracklisting only having 12 songs including the DJ features :chick3:

What a dumb bitch. Literally her DJ features are what's keeping her afloat. How do you have a song with Marshmello who gave her one of her biggest hits and not release it as a song?

8 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Yes, when Birthday came out she said she had all the plans set to release the album so I’m guessing it was all done then the songs flopped and Covid happened 

then we got all the collabs one after another this year 

I mean the songs were pretty mid tier idk what kind of response she was expecting 

7 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Beautiful and Unlovable are the obvious singles after Uh Oh i guess? Due to Ed and Rudimental. Then she can release a deluxe, with the new Marshmello track as the lead.

I hope Beautiful is a midtempo acoustic ballad and Unlovable a dance banger.

I'm hoping for all of this to be true too. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• KeshasFansRose

• Moonlightbae

• nooniebao

Pffff, this album is shaping up to consist of everything I disliked about Speak Your Mind, while lacking everything I loved from it:skull: Stand by the message in Beautiful of course, but it's just as cringey as Perfect:gaycat6:

Really hoping for a new Cry-level banger to be hidden in the album tracks, but I'm not expecting much anymore tbh:michael:

2016'd message aside I like Beautiful. But the kids :rip: war flashbacks to Only The Young

Beautiful sounds like something a 14 year old would sing... wtf is happening to her career?!

18 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

What a dumb bitch. Literally her DJ features are what's keeping her afloat. How do you have a song with Marshmello who gave her one of her biggest hits and not release it as a song?

I feel like she's releasing a deluxe (like every other artist) by the end of the year, hopefully we'll get this song on it

Yeah, this is probably going to be one of the worst releases from this year.

P.S: Beautiful is just another Perfect, not a big fan of the production / white noise in the background / kids in the outro tbh.  

Beautiful is kinda cute but a a bit cringe, very 2012 and very on brand for her like that’s an Anne Marie song alright. :rip: 
Can’t believe Max Martin co-wrote it though. Ed I can believe but Max could’ve given her something brilliant. 

On 7/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, goldstargay said:

Beautiful sounds like something a 14 year old would sing... wtf is happening to her career?!

So personally I have been pondering this since Birthday came out. My theory is, they saw how popular the "empowerment" type of songs were with her young demographic, and have tried to shoehorn her more in that direction. 

As a compromise, her label said, ok we'll let you release an album, but you're going to have to put all these singles you've been on, on it.

Creatively everything this era has been very same same, nothing different or experimental that shows growth, and it makes me sad, because she is so lovely and talented.

1 hour ago, Recluse said:

So personally I have been pondering this since Birthday came out. My theory is, they saw how popular the "empowerment" type of songs were with her young demographic, and have tried to shoehorn her more in that direction. 

As a compromise, her label said, ok we'll let you release an album, but you're going to have to put all these singles you've been on, on it.

Creatively everything this era has been very same same, nothing different or experimental that shows growth, and it makes me sad, because she is so lovely and talented.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, the album feels like half a collaboration project and part empowerment songs written in one session and then kind of put together

She has the potential to be a really cool artist but it seems her (or more likely her team) just want to go through the motions of what's popular and what other similar acts (Dua Lipa, Mabel, Zara Larsson etc.) do and repeat that with Anne-Marie's vibe

Song lengths have been released:

1. "x2" 2:45

2."Don't Play" (with KSI and Digital Farm Animals) 3:08

3."Kiss My (Uh-Oh)" (with Little Mix) 2:56

4."Who I Am" 2:32

5."Our Song" (with Niall Horan) 2:43

6."Way Too Long" (with Nathan Dawe and MoStack) 2:30

7."Breathing" 3:24

8."Unlovable" (featuring Rudimental) 2:22

9."Beautiful" 3:14

10."Tell Your Girlfriend" 2:14

11."Better Not Together" 3:08

12."Therapy" 2:45

listened to Beautiful... another uninspired song about self love, groundbreaking.

idk if I'll bother listening to this album tbh

On 7/19/2021 at 5:47 PM, Bombshell said:

Mess at the longest song being barely 3.5 minutes. This short song length trend needs to end

On 7/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, Bombshell said:

Bebe’s Better Mistakes teas

The album is not meant to be deep, groundbreaking or game changing. It's just a collection of generic pop bops so the good sis can go on tour again and make her money.

After Birthday and TBY bombing i'm glad she's getting back on track and being able to release this album.

Just skipped through this and it was pretty meh.

The only song that caught my attention was Better Not Together.

She should move on to the next album after Kiss My (Uh Oh) smashes and make it more like Speak Your Mind.

• ATRL Moderator

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the first two thirds of the album on first listen. The back 4 feel like straight filler but I really enjoyed:

- Kiss My

- x2

- Breathing

- Unlovable

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought. As others have said there's nothing groundbreaking here just a nice collection pop songs. Lowkey think Kiss My and Better Not Together were my favourite tracks on first listen.