Lily Allen to (allegedly) expose industry men on new album

BizarreWizard

BizarreWizard
Posted (edited)

According to the Daily Mail (not the most reliable source, I know), Lily Allen’s new album is already in the works and she’s reportedly gonna name-drop various men from the entertainment industry who have wronged her in the past:

“We can also reveal that Lily Allen will use her forthcoming album to turn the tables on those she says have abused her. The title of each track will be the first name of a man within the music industry who she claims mistreated her.

Friends say that the move by Ms Allen, 36, who wrote about an alleged sexual assault by an industry figure during a work trip to the Caribbean in 2016, is a way of dealing with her trauma and is designed to send a message to the men about their behaviour.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9582759/X-Factor-singer-Rebecca-Ferguson-tells-police-years-abuse-pop-world-braces-itself.html

I remember there were rumours about a concept record titled Ten Men around last year, so that would make sense.

Anyway, stomp on them queen :gaycat1:

Edited by BizarreWizard
WhoWho

Perched for another “Hard Out Here”!:jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
Reinvention

Collect them queen. :clap3:

mathekr
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BizarreWizard said:

I remember there were rumours about a concept record titled Ten Men around last year

I remember that. Her mind if it's true :jonny5: 

Edited by mathekr
Edibles.

I'm getting my stan card out of my pocket, yep

Mikeymoonshine

I feel like this is probably not true or over exaggerated. However if if is I'm here for it. 

HonourableVomit

If she does this just to avoid giving us Party Line :angry:

• #FreeBritney Activist

I’m so here for this. IIRC, she was raped by a big industry executive who worked at a radio show. After the incident, his station refused to play any of her singles from No Shame, which is the reason why the album didn’t do so well in UK.

BODERLINE
Posted (edited)

Lily, I just want Party Line. Please Lily, it's all I want :rip: 

An exposé would snap though coming from her :jonny:

Edited by BODERLINE
  • #FreeBritney Activist

Hopefully she isn't sabotaged :dancehall:

Hooker Barbie
7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Hopefully she isn't sabotaged :dancehall:

She 100% will be, if the people she’s exposing are powerful enough to prevent any press for the album.

FINEWEATHER

She’s always intrigued me so I’m looking into this especially with how well she expressed her lyricism on 2017’s “No shame”.

Venice B

Come through queen, No Shame was amazing so I'm excited for what's next :1stplace:

1 hour ago, FINEWEATHER said:

She’s always intrigued me so I’m looking into this especially with how well she expressed her lyricism on 2017’s “No shame”.

No Shame is from 2018, but i feel the exact same about it.

Apples, Three and Family Man are still so touching :chick3:

afortunad0

She’s said multiple times she’s sitting on a finished album for months now. She won’t release until she can tour and make a profit off the album since she says herself album sales don’t exist. I hope we get something soon 😭

Popboi.
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Leigh said:

I’m so here for this. IIRC, she was raped by a big industry executive who worked at a radio show. After the incident, his station refused to play any of her singles from No Shame, which is the reason why the album didn’t do so well in UK.

No Shame tanked cause it wasn’t as comercial leaning as the other 3 albums, and her career had declined dramatically with Sheezus already. Trigger Bang wouldn’t have been a hit or big on airplay even with “normal” circumstances, she played it bold with the era.

Edited by Popboi.
HonourableVomit
2 hours ago, queenoftheclouds said:

The Fourth Wall will never happen? 

That was No Shame.