Royals & ME! top 1 billion worldwide streams

Hector

The Auckland singer and songwriter is crowned on The 1,000,000,000 List, for one billion streams of her 2013 hit “Royals”.

An initiative of Australasian PRO APRA AMCOS, the 1,000,000,000 List recognizes streams from all major services including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, Vevo, Amazon, and more.

Since her breakthrough with “Royals,” Lorde (real name Ella Yellich-O’Connor) has won just about every award going. “Royals” ruled the Billboard Hot 100 for nine weeks, won two Grammy Awards (for song of the year and best pop solo performance) and, in 2018, was certified diamond by the RIAA.

Lorde was presented with her latest award at the APRA AMCOS NZ offices in her hometown by CEO Dean Ormston and Anthony Healey, head of APRA AMCOS NZ operations, and her publisher, Kobalt Music Publishing, received an award for the song's milestone.

She’s one of four New Zealand songwriters officially added to The 1,000,000,000 List in recent days.

Joel Little bagged his fourth 1,000,000,000 List award, this time for Taylor Swift’s hit “ME!,” from her hit Lover album.

Full list of songs that passed this mark: https://www.apraamcos.com.au/about/supporting-the-industry/awards/the-1-000-000-000-list

The classic Royals & one of ATRL's most buzzed about songs ME! :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, gobasba said:

The duality of Joel Little. 

this

Congrats to Ella and Joel, but I would have thought Royals would have at least 2 Billion streams by now.

Youtube = 851 million, plus another version with 77 million.
Spotify = 788 million

Amazon Music? Apple Music? Deezer? unless these streaming services are all complete flops, there must be another 300 million streams between them. Maybe APRA AMCOS are catching up with songs that they missed from the list earlier.

I'm more impressed with Lorde's thick thighs in that pic. :angry:

Edited by Taylena

3 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Congrats to Ella and Joel, but I would have thought Royals would have at least 2 Billion streams by now.

Youtube = 851 million, plus another version with 77 million.
Spotify = 788 million

Amazon Music? Apple Music? Deezer? unless these streaming services are all complete flops, there must be another 300 million streams between them. Maybe APRA AMCOS are catching up with songs that they missed from the list earlier.

maybe this is just US streams

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.