SZA - "Wavy" (Full Demo Version)

dangerousalex

dangerousalex

after years of waiting we finally have the extended version of the "Wavy" interlude :WAP: 

TalkThatRihanna
Posted (edited)

I hate her so much for making this an interlude :jonny:

Also it goes to show how great of an artist she is, adding in all those harmonies and ad-libs in the chorus compared to the demo. Her ear for melodies is unmatched :jonny5:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna
dangerousalex
2 minutes ago, lover. said:

Now leak the rest of CTRL Deluxe :foxaylove2:

considering the following songs leaked;

Wavy (Demo)

Love Galore (Demo)

Percolator

Inside Man

Passport

Never Knew

Jodie Foster

Lady Friend

Back Together

we can make our own CTRL deluxe, some of these had to be on there right?  :coffee:

also justice for Breaking Even.

BlackJesus
3 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

Wavy (Demo)

Love Galore (Demo)

Percolator

Inside Man

Passport

Never Knew

Jodie Foster

Lady Friend

Back Together

we can make our own CTRL deluxe, some of these had to be on there right?  :coffee:

Do we know what songs were considered for A? I hate having S & Z but no A

lover.
7 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

Wavy (Demo)

Love Galore (Demo)

Percolator

Inside Man

Passport

Never Knew

Jodie Foster

Lady Friend

Back Together

We’re going to have to it would seem :toofunny2:

But leaks are better than what she herself is giving us at the moment (nothing:toofunny3:

dangerousalex
11 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Spoiler

0:00-Wavy

0:15-?

0:25-Green Mile Pt. 2

0:35-Percolator

0:45-Never Knew

0:56-Drew Barrymore

1:11-Anything

2:01-Let Me Know

2:16-Propane

2:27-?

2:36-Dem Dem Dem Ay Ay Ay (Breaking Even)

3:04-Bikini Bottom

3:19-Go Gina (Alternate Version)

3:33-Percolator

3:46-?

3:56-Prom (Alternate Version)

4:07-The Weekend (Alternate Version)

4:17-Tread Carefully

4:47-Inside Man

5:12-Feel Good

A essentially turned into Ctrl but due to the infamous "label stole the hard drive" release of Ctrl, we'll never know what songs she exactly wanted to make the final album or not. Regardless, there's plenty of snippets that we can assume would've been on A but didn't make Ctrl, "Sephora" and "Breaking Even" for example..

BlackJesus
30 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:
  Hide contents

0:00-Wavy

0:15-?

0:25-Green Mile Pt. 2

0:35-Percolator

0:45-Never Knew

0:56-Drew Barrymore

1:11-Anything

2:01-Let Me Know

2:16-Propane

2:27-?

2:36-Dem Dem Dem Ay Ay Ay (Breaking Even)

3:04-Bikini Bottom

3:19-Go Gina (Alternate Version)

3:33-Percolator

3:46-?

3:56-Prom (Alternate Version)

4:07-The Weekend (Alternate Version)

4:17-Tread Carefully

4:47-Inside Man

5:12-Feel Good

A essentially turned into Ctrl but due to the infamous "label stole the hard drive" release of Ctrl, we'll never know what songs she exactly wanted to make the final album or not. Regardless, there's plenty of snippets that we can assume would've been on A but didn't make Ctrl, "Sephora" and "Breaking Even" for example..

thanks! I think I'll make myself a little CTRL deluxe EP and call it ALT, and an A EP with a few of the tracks. I'm definitley replacing the interlude with the full leak.

Goddxss
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Inside Man, Jodie Foster, Lack Of Better Words, Passport, Simmer (Lady Friend) and Percolator are from "A" sessions. But all of the songs off "Ctrl" were considered for "A" at sometime, minus 20 Something and Normal Girl which were made/finished after the album perspective changed.

Edited by Goddxss
Martyr Of Fame

They made the right choice cutting it down. I love the interlude version. 

nooniebao

Kinda off-topic, but is it true that Drew Barrymore was one of the songs SZA played Rihanna when she was pitching her songs for ANTI? Also, has SZA’s solo version of Consideration ever leaked?

Edibles.
46 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Kinda off-topic, but is it true that Drew Barrymore was one of the songs SZA played Rihanna when she was pitching her songs for ANTI? Also, has SZA’s solo version of Consideration ever leaked?

I think Consideration was the only song she played her and she knew right then and there it was hers. SZA had a video shot and everything ready to go. No, it hasn't leaked. 

dangerousalex
2 hours ago, nooniebao said:

she did play drew barrymore! forgot where she said it but it's in one of her interviews. Her version didn't leak.

nooniebao
21 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

she did play drew barrymore! forgot where she said it but it's in one of her interviews. Her version didn't leak.

I swear I wasn’t imagining that lol. Drew Barrymore on ANTI would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb lol. Rih made the right choice.

LightningPH

She was belting on one of those adlibs! :jonny5:

The interlude has more oomph to it, this is mellow in comparison.

dangerousalex
4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

4 hours ago, Edibles. said:

I think Consideration was the only song she played her and she knew right then and there it was hers. SZA had a video shot and everything ready to go. No, it hasn't leaked. 

found it! she mentions it here 

https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2020/07/10/sza-summer-2020-issue/

However, this wasn’t actually her first experience with him in the studio. “The first time he was in the room with Rihanna and stunting for him is how I lost “Consideration”. Rihanna’s like, ‘B***h, I’m taking this song and there’s nothing you can do about it, but I’m gonna do it justice!’” she recalls. “Consideration” is, of course, on RiRi’s 2016 album, ANTI, with SZA featuring.

It would have made it on to Ctrl had she listened to the advice of Top Dawg Entertainment president, Punch. “Punch gave me strict instructions not to play anything from my album, but I wasn’t about to go in there, to a room with [him] and Rihanna, and play the flops. I’m playing “Drew Barrymore” and I’m playing “Consideration”. I’m playing everything I have!” she laughs. “But Punch says, ‘I’m telling you, do not do this,’ so we agreed that I wasn’t gonna do that. Then I walk in, Pharrell is sitting there drinking wine, and I guess my hands just slipped and I played my album. I played Ctrl.”