Jump to content

Bigger icon in the UK: Britney Spears or Lady Gaga


Who is it?  

366 members have voted

  1. 1. Well?



Recommended Posts

Jeremiah
Just now, zoldyck said:

This is album only list, why would Baby one more time("best selling female singles of all time") be counted for it :ahh:

Ok then. Still not counting a 1.2m seller

 

 

SneakyFantasticChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • biblicalmonster

    55

  • perfillusion

    44

  • americanshameless

    38

  • Mystic Boy

    33

Rhiannon
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Britney

1. Oops (2000)

2. Britney (2001)

3. ITZ (2003)

4. Blackout (2007)

5. Circus (2009)

6. Femme Fatale (2011)

7. Britney Jean (2013)

8. Glory (2016)

 

GaGa

1. The Fame (2008)

2. The Fame Monster (2009)

3. BTW (2011)

4. Artpop (2013)

5 Cheek To Cheek (2014)

6. Joanne (2016)

7. A Star Is Born (2018)

8. Chromatica (2020)

 

Cute personal attack though :coffee2:

Not you counting a jazz cover album for Gaga, but ignoring Brit's greatest hits album, her only charting album in the UK right now... you're a joke:deadbanana2:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Rhiannon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Britney

1. Oops (2000)

2. Britney (2001)

3. ITZ (2003)

4. Blackout (2007)

5. Circus (2009)

6. Femme Fatale (2011)

7. Britney Jean (2013)

8. Glory (2016)

 

GaGa

1. The Fame (2008)

2. The Fame Monster (2009)

3. BTW (2011)

4. Artpop (2013)

5 Cheek To Cheek (2014)

6. Joanne (2016)

7. A Star Is Born (2018)

8. Chromatica (2020)

 

Cute personal attack though :coffee2:

can't believe my comment made you actually count the albums / make lists, you are adorable! :alexz3:

say I agree that they somehow released same amount of work during those decades, Britney still had 8 years of sales counting before Gaga could even debut. 

tumblr_noali89ZBm1rlmhloo2_540.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Just now, Jeremiah said:

Ok then. Still not counting a 1.2m seller

 

 

SneakyFantasticChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

 

it units didn't started in 1999 and ended in 2000

 

Gaga: 4.36M (without ASIB)

Britney: 4.40M

 

base on certification, that 1.2M isn't making much difference

SneakyFantasticChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Also Gaga made more money from her tours in England than Britney. The Born This Way Ball Tour was more profitable with 2 dates than Circus Tour was with 8 dates. 

 

 

Born This Way Ball Tour in 2 dates:  $10,714,991

 

Circus Tour in 8 dates: $9,959,306

 

 

 

Album: Britney > Gaga (0.4M difference in certification, and 1 spot based on album runs despite 10 year lead)

Singles: Gaga > Britney (like no competition)

Tours: Gaga > Britney

 

when they have to lie to convince themselves 

Edited by zoldyck
Link to post
Share on other sites
naval23
47 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Certified records in the UK

 

Gaga: 17,8M

Britney: 14,5M

 

Also, biggest hits on year-end charts since longevity's what matters.

 

 

Touring stats in England.

 

 

Born This Way Ball Tour in 2 dates:  $10,714,991

 

Circus Tour in 8 dates: $9,959,306

 

Gaga: 

 

Poker Face: #1

Just Dance: #3

Bad Romance: #17 & #30

Shallow: #98, #20, #65

Born This Way: #14

Telephone: #15

Rain On Me: #17

Paparazzi: #18

The Edge Of Glory: #27

Alejandro: #40 

 

Britney

 

...Baby One More Time: #1

Toxic: #9

Womanizer: #33 & #118

Scream & Shout: #78 & #18

Oops!... I Did It Again: #15

Everytime: #18

Born To Make You Happy: #32

Sometimes: #34 

Piece Of Me: #47

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, you know I love receipts and you came through! :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh

Lady Gaga
The Fame - 10x Platinum
Born This Way - 3x Platinum
Artpop - Gold
Cheek To Cheek - Silver
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

--

ASIB OST*** - Platinum

 

Britney Spears
...Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
Oops I Did It Again - 3x Platinum
Britney - Platinum
Greatest Hits: MP - 3x Platinum
In the Zone - Platinum
Blackout - Platinum
Circus - Platinum
Femme Fatale - Gold
Britney Jean - N/A
Glory - N/A

 

As we can see, Britney has been way more consistent. Monsters can continue to delude themselves into believing it's Gaga though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Touring stats in England.

 

 

Born This Way Ball Tour in 2 dates:  $10,714,991

 

Circus Tour in 8 dates: $9,959,306

 

Yikes.

 

All of those Circus Tour dates were sold out, so what's your point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
Just now, naval23 said:

Wow, you know I love receipts and you came through! :clap3:

Also, Britney's Femme Fatale Tour in the UK. The box offices are a disaster :rip::rip::rip:

 

zr7b.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fnooky
1 minute ago, Rhiannon said:

Not you counting a jazz cover album for Gaga, but ignoring Brit's greatest hits album and her debut album ...Baby one more time, a joke:deadbanana2:

 

 

I ignored GaGa’s remix albums too.

 

BOMT isn’t counted in this list of best selling women album artist from 2000-2021. Reading comprehension, sis!

 

mxv12h3.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
1 minute ago, Nano said:

All of those Circus Tour dates were sold out, so what's your point?

That Gaga made more money with 4x less dates. :fan:

 

Also, the Femme Fatale tour tanked harder than Witness The Tour. :rip:

 

zr7b.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
americanshameless
3 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Also Gaga made more money from her tours in England than Britney. The Born This Way Ball Tour was more profitable with 2 dates than Circus Tour was with 8 dates. 

 

 

Born This Way Ball Tour in 2 dates:  $10,714,991

 

Circus Tour in 8 dates: $9,959,306

 

 

 

and Joanne’s two O2 dates? Cancelled

Not rewinding the tapes back to her second era :deadbanana4:

 

Even Britney had enough demand to book three O2 dates during that random POM world tour in 2018 :rip:  That’s also decades after her peak and touring boom

 

OT: Lady GaGa is not a conversation in 2021, not in the UK. Perhaps in Liechtenstein? Chromatica?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Just now, Leigh said:

Lady Gaga
The Fame - 10x Platinum
Born This Way - 3x Platinum
Artpop - Gold
Cheek To Cheek - Silver
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

--

ASIB OST*** - Platinum

 

Britney Spears
...Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
Oops I Did It Again - 3x Platinum
Britney - Platinum
Greatest Hits: MP - 3x Platinum
In the Zone - Platinum
Blackout - Platinum
Circus - Platinum
Femme Fatale - Gold
Britney Jean - N/A
Glory - N/A

 

As we can see, Britney has been way more consistent. Monsters can continue to delude themselves into believing it's Gaga though.

why only consider Albums? Why not singles and tours as well. 

 

And base on certification you posted:

Gaga: 4.76M

Britney: 4.3M

 

so i am not sure, if monsters are the one deluding themselves

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rhiannon
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

I ignored GaGa’s remix albums too.

 

BOMT isn’t counted in this list of best selling women album artist from 2000-2021. Reading comprehension, sis!

 

mxv12h3.gif

I edited my comment since we are talking about albums releasing in the new millennium....

 

Why are you counting an albjm of covers for Gaga? And Where's Brit's greatest hits on your list? Her only album charting in 2021

 

As I said, brit released more albums!

 

 

 

Edited by Rhiannon
Link to post
Share on other sites
perfillusion
16 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

This is only album chart, where Britney and Gaga are close, despite Britney having 10 year lead

 

Gaga: 4.36M

Britney: 4.40M

 

When its come to singles
Gaga: 13.2M

Brintey: 8.4M

 

Gaga overall is bigger, and stats don't lie like Britney stans

OMGGG are you telling me that even with Britney having a 10 year advantage, debuting during the all time peak of album sales, and more albums under her belt, they are essentially equal in album sales? :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

weird to see OP not participating in this heated discussion

i miss you, Almost Home, you are still my favorite! 

faa7441e8883b3472be58c9e759cb8f8c9ec795f

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Britney Spears easily

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

and Joanne’s two O2 dates? Cancelled

Not rewinding the tapes back to her second era :deadbanana4:

 

Even Britney had enough demand to book three O2 dates during that random POM world tour in 2018 :rip:  That’s also decades after her peak and touring boom

 

OT: Lady GaGa is not a conversation in 2021, not in the UK. Perhaps in Liechtenstein? Chromatica?

 

Joanne World Tour = 2 100% sold-out arenas, honey 

 

wv1c.jpeg

 

Meanwhile the Femme Fatale Tour :rip::rip:;

 

zr7b.jpeg

 

 

Even during her "flop tour", Gaga had a 42k/42k 100% sold out arena at the O2 arena and making $4,6M. Britney wishes

 

 

Edited by biblicalmonster
Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
2 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

OMGGG are you telling me that even with Britney having a 10 year advantage, debuting during the all time peak of album sales, and more albums under her belt, they are essentially equal in album sales? :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

yes kinda tragic, when the only thing they have going is 0.4M / 1 spot difference. It speaks volume in itself. Anyway, Gaga will pass her even in that, as she can scan at least silver which last two albums of Britney failed to.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fnooky
1 minute ago, Rhiannon said:

I edited my comment since we are talking about albums releasing in the new millennium....

 

Why are you counting an albjm of covers for Gaga? And Where's Brit's greatest hits on your list? Her only album charting in 2021

 

As I said, brit released more albums!

 

 

 

Alright, lemme update

 

Britney

1. Oops (2000)

2. Britney (2001)

3. ITZ (2003)

4. Greatest Hits (2004)

5. Blackout (2007)

6. Circus (2008

7. Singles Collection (2009)

8. Femme Fatale (2011)

9. Britney Jean (2013)

10. Glory (2016)

 

GaGa

1. The Fame (2008)

2. The Fame Monster (2009)

3. The Remix (2010)

4. BTW (2011)

5. BTW Remix (2011)

6. Artpop (2013)

7 Cheek To Cheek (2014)

8. Joanne (2016)

9. A Star Is Born (2018)

10. Chromatica (2020)

 

G0Su4IN.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
2 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

why only consider Albums? Why not singles and tours as well. 

 

And base on certification you posted:

Gaga: 4.76M

Britney: 4.3M

 

so i am not sure, if monsters are the one deluding themselves

 

Britney demolishes her singles-wise too so I'm afraid that won't help your case. Gaga declined horribly after her first album while Britney kept scoring Platinum albums left and right. Consistency is key.

Link to post
Share on other sites
perfillusion
8 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

it units didn't started in 1999 and ended in 2000

 

Gaga: 4.36M (without ASIB)

Britney: 4.40M

 

base on certification, that 1.2M isn't making much difference

SneakyFantasticChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

they sold the same without ASIB included? :ahh: But why without ASIB? You should include it! It is part of her iconography. She is the female lead, people paid millions to watch her onscreen and millions more to buy a soundtrack on which she sings every song. You know damn well if Crossroads had not flopped you would hear about it in this thread. Gaga demolishes Britney on every metric.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thickorita
9 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Lady Gaga
The Fame - 10x Platinum
Born This Way - 3x Platinum
Artpop - Gold
Cheek To Cheek - Silver
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

--

ASIB OST*** - Platinum

 

Britney Spears
...Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
Oops I Did It Again - 3x Platinum
Britney - Platinum
Greatest Hits: MP - 3x Platinum
In the Zone - Platinum
Blackout - Platinum
Circus - Platinum
Femme Fatale - Gold
Britney Jean - N/A
Glory - N/A

 

As we can see, Britney has been way more consistent. Monsters can continue to delude themselves into believing it's Gaga though.

How is Britney more consistent when every Gaga album is certified while Britney's last efforts barely scanned Bronze?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremiah
12 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Britney hasn't had a UK #1 in almost 20 years, 0 #1 albums, no albums on the all time UK charts (even Xtina is there :rip:), last tour bombed in the UK, movie bombed in the UK. She was a glorified singles artist in the UK, successful mostly during the teeny bopper era.

Britney has five #2 albums, various multi-platinum album certifications (Xtina has only one) and Piece Of Me Tour was actually a big success, they included an extra date in London out high demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Queenyoncee

Britney I guess since Gaga has barely any longevity

 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...