Will Selena ever get her Havana/Wrecking Ball/7 Rings?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
2 minutes ago, jaceface said:

Not a fan of Demi or Selena, but I actually agree with this

giphy.gif

Like...

Lovato isn’t as big as Gomez overall, but the fact that Gomez barely has a hit as big as Lovato’s biggest especially as a lead/solo act.

:toofunny2:

Let them cling to that one-week #1 though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Leigh

• moonlitdick

• Pink Ranger

Top Posters In This Topic

lover.
31 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

A #1 song that’s 3x Platinum Eligible vs a  #6 peaking song that’s 7x Platinum Eligible, cute peaks are great but Longevity matters more I fear 

a7c5ad506e2e45f0d80b533bfaf00665.gif

OT: I don’t think she will ever have “THAT MOMENT” but she will still continue to get smashes 

SNS came out two years prior to LYTLM though, and has only 200 million more streams on Spotify.

power rangers dancing GIF

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
13 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Idk where you're getting these figures from, but according to chart accounts on Twitter LYLALS is eligible for 6/7x Platinum now and if that wasn't enough, she also has the 1-2-3 punch of multiplatinum solo hits with the Revival singles. 

Selena is still a LEAD artist on It Ain't Me, which is easily bigger than any Demi Lovato song both in the US and globally based on streams alone so yes, very amusing indeed :clap3:

“Charts accounts on Twitter”...

’Nuff said.

Amusing indeed.

OT: She barely has a hit bigger than “SNS” so...

A “7R” type hit is a little far-fetched, I think. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
4 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Like...

Lovato isn’t as big as Gomez overall, but the fact that Gomez barely has a hit as big as Lovato’s biggest especially as a lead/solo act.

Let them cling to that one-week #1 though.

The global smash that's on track to surpass SNS in both streams and units when all is said and done? Why of course we'll cling to it. Just like Demi stans are clinging to that one local hit of hers. The fact that even Back to You has more certifications than SNS worldwide says enough. :toofunny2:

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
3 minutes ago, Leigh said:

The global smash that's on track to surpass SNS in both streams and units when all is said and done? Why of course we'll cling to it. Just like Demi stans are clinging to that one local hit of hers. The fact that even Back to You has more certifications than SNS worldwide says enough. :toofunny2:

The “Global smash” that’s still inferior to other, true, behemoths mentioned in the OP.

I-

Also, when it’s all “said and done” isn’t now...

Holler me when it has actually surpassed “SNS”, the “fluke” hit that is still on par with the alleged hitmakers biggest hit. 

OT: I don’t think so. Even Dua Lipa has a much bigger lead/solo hit with “DSN”.

:clap3:

Me & My Hits

Like i said SNS stats are way too overrated outside the US. Even Selena's random soundtrack is way bigger than that :rip:The way her stans keeps bringing SNS. Its not 2017 anymore sweetie. LYTLM will surpassed it anytime soon.

OT: We Don't Talk Anymore/Taki Taki are equally bigger if we're talking about streaming wise. While Selena's #1 solo hit are on par charts wise.

Me & My Hits
1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The “Global smash” that’s still inferior to other, true, behemoths mentioned in the OP.

I-

Holler me when it has actually surpassed “SNS”, the “fluke” hit that is still on par with the alleged hitmakers biggest hit. 

It already did back in October when she dropped the song then it debuted #15 on its first three days alone :coffee2:

Selena’s Bad Liar
Just now, Me & My Hits said:

It already did back in October when she dropped the song then it debuted #15 on its first three days alone :coffee2:

Or the 9.8M solo streaming day, the nerve to downplay that :toofunny2:

LYTLM and LAHN combined did 90M streams first week on Spotify, and did 18M and 22M on YT in 24 hrs :deadbanana2: Does Demi even have the interest in her name to do that well? It's clear every release since LYTLM/LAHN lacked proper hype. Not to mention the Demi stans obsessing over Selena's droplets tanking when the last time Selena actually released a single of her own was Rare. None of the Revelacion singles got radio pay OR playlisting in local latin markets. TTH has no effect on Latin songs, look at BC numbers. So Selena's definitely not dealing with an I Love Me, I'm Ready, It's Ok Not To Be Ok, What Other People Say, or a Dancing With The Devil tank :deadbanana2:

Just wait till her lead :fan:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I-

It's less than 200M streams away from surpassing it on Spotify, so do expect a holler soon.

And no, Selena's biggest hits (IAM, Taki Taki, We Don't Talk Anymore, and even Wolves) all beat SNS in literally every measurable metric. Maybe if you looked past your hate for Selena you'd know that:clap:

-

She's proved that she can still score hits, so it's not a good idea to write her off.

moonlitdick
4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

It's less than 200M streams away from surpassing it on Spotify, so do expect a holler soon.

And no, Selena's biggest hits (IAM, Taki Taki, We Don't Talk Anymore, and even Wolves) all beat SNS in literally every measurable metric. Maybe if you looked past your hate for Selena you'd know that:clap:

-

She's proved that she can still score hits, so it's not a good idea to write her off.

Positions is only 75M Spotify streams behind LYTLM do you consider that a bigger hit than LYTM?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
1 minute ago, moonlitdick said:

Positions is only 75M Spotify streams behind LYTLM do you consider that a bigger hit than LYTM?

Positions is one of the biggest hits of 2020, so yes? I'm not delusional :rip:

That being said, LYTLM still did well for what it was. 

Pink Ranger
1 hour ago, lover. said:

SNS came out two years prior to LYTLM though, and has only 200 million more streams on Spotify.

power rangers dancing GIF

You mean a song in 2019 where streaming is constantly getting more popular each year might eventually out stream a 2017 song

consider me shook by this information

200.gif

Pink Ranger
44 minutes ago, Leigh said:

-

All collabs nnnnn

200.gif

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Well, you know exactly where I am for when that time comes where I shall, indeed, expect a holler.

Until then...

OT: No. She has hits but none are truly huge, especially when compared to some of her peers. 

We’ll take what we can though.

feelingsonfire

Not the SNS drag when Selena has bigger solo songs than that :deadbanana4:

My Tears Ricochet

We don't talk anymore is bigger than all of those songs in the op:deadbanana2:

It literally has 4.4B streams from Spotify & Youtube and another 1B streams from Chinese streaming platforms. The others girls won't even come close:deadbanana2:

bestfiction

I don't think so but she already has a gazillion hits so it's all good :clap3:

10 hours ago, brraap said:

Oop, now that's a tricky one because SelGo has the #1

A87EFD60-F764-42CB-8118-376FA4F2E74E.thu

I'd like to see anyone argue LYTLM is bigger than DSN

A87EFD60-F764-42CB-8118-376FA4F2E74E.thu

LustSpell

IT SHOULD'VE BEEN FETISH, DUMB BITCH

Mafuyumamuro

Some of you are acting as if every artist has the same aim :rip: 

I don't even think that Selena tries or wants to have a hit like that. She obviously doesn't care. If she did, she could have made rare a very succesful era yet she threw the album away.

Godly
13 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Both Gomez’ and Lovato’s highest certified singles in the U.S (their biggest markets) are 5x platinum, essentially. 

Sorry Not Sorry: 5x Platinum

(Updated in 2020)

Naturally/LYLALS: 4x Platinum

(Updated in 2015, however both are only 5x Platinum eligible as of 2021, 6 years later).

So...

I find it amusing that the “Hitmaker” doesn’t have any lead/solo hits with higher certs. than the other act with a “fluke” hit.

:fan:

What's amusing about that? SNS gets called a "fluke" because Demi barely has other singles that sold even half of what SNS did, while Selena gets called a hitmaker because she has several singles that range in that same area of success. Which leads me to...

12 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

“Charts accounts on Twitter”...

’Nuff said.

Amusing indeed.

OT: She barely has a hit bigger than “SNS” so...

A “7R” type hit is a little far-fetched, I think. 

You seemed convinced by these "charts accounts on Twitter" enough to thread them:

And given you seem to use that as a source, you'll probably trust these estimations as well:

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
2 minutes ago, Godly said:

What's amusing about that? SNS gets called a "fluke" because Demi barely has other singles that sold even half of what SNS did, while Selena gets called a hitmaker because she has several singles that range in that same area of success. Which leads me to...

You seemed convinced by these "charts accounts on Twitter" enough to thread them:

And given you seem to use that as a source, you'll probably trust these estimations as well:

So...

Her biggest lead/solo hits are in the same vicinity as “SNS”, proving once more that the “hitmaker’s” biggest singles are on par with the “fluke” hit? 

Congratulations.

OT: 24 hours later...

The answer is still the same.

She may be able to in the future but as of now...

No.

07tandu

Lose You To Love Me was kinda that :michael:

Souvenir
5 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

We don't talk anymore is bigger than all of those songs in the op:deadbanana2:

It literally has 4.4B streams from Spotify & Youtube and another 1B streams from Chinese streaming platforms. The others girls won't even come close:deadbanana2:

ikr :ahh: