Madonna’s VMA 1990 performance has never been topped, why?

brainmaniac
Just now, The7thStranger said:

Madonna topped it in 2004 with Britney, Missy, and Christina.

I’ve always found this particular performance a bit overrated. 

The second half of that isn’t all that though besides the kisses.

Hollywood isn’t a very memorable song and that took up most of the performance. It’s harder to enjoy a performance of a song that ain’t that great. 

It seems like a lot of people forget that and think they just performed Like A Virgin :rip:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Yog

• Mtjjproducer

• Hector

Top Posters In This Topic

The7thStranger
1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

The second half of that isn’t all that though besides the kisses.

Hollywood isn’t a very memorable song and that took up most of the performance. It’s harder to enjoy a performance of a song that ain’t that great. 

It seems like a lot of people forget that and think they just performed Like A Virgin :rip:

I love Hollywood, personally. I’m still a bit mad that it didn’t so well on the charts (along with Love Profusion). The moment she rose up out of the cake... amazing.

Pedro Labre

Do you guys know that "live performance" means that it was broadcasted live, right? non pre recorded

Live vocal performance is a different thing

LikeaRebel
8 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

I don't care if you lip sync if you are dancing hard and it would be something that you couldn't possibly do live and they use a playback vocal. but the dancing for the most part wasn't even strenuous for her to not be able to sing this.

The lip syncing wasn’t because she couldn’t sing it live, it was because a mic would’ve looked ridiculous with the Marie Antoinette outfit.

Jay07

It was THEATER darlings. Not even having a mic was a flex. "Who needs a mic when I'm serving at this level you peasants?"

lostcause
Posted (edited)

It was great, but to me personally, Gaga’s Paparazzi performance tops it. I honestly find Gaga’s performance untouchable, an amalgamation of drama, art, talent, creativity, darkness, emotion and set design to make the perfect performance. It’s the one I compare every performance since to.

Edited by lostcause
Lover

bc it was the classiest performance the world has ever seen.

only THE eternal queen of Pop has topped it haself several times at the vmas.