Madonna’s VMA 1990 performance has never been topped, why?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
1 hour ago, Yog said:

The Choreography, The Mannerisms and The Showmanship:jonny6:

It was TOPPED three years later Ms. Jackson and this masterpiece of a performance.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Yog

• Mtjjproducer

• Hector

Top Posters In This Topic

Mtjjproducer

I don't care if you lip sync if you are dancing hard and it would be something that you couldn't possibly do live and they use a playback vocal. but the dancing for the most part wasn't even strenuous for her to not be able to sing this.

Century

This isn't even close to Madonna's best performance. I smell a setup :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Century said:

This isn't even close to Madonna's best performance. I smell a setup :bibliahh:

Absolutely not, I love & adore Madonna and found this iconic performance underrated 

Oktober Knight

Because she's the GOAT and this is one of her most memorable and iconic performances of her career. 

But janet. slayed in 1993 tho too

39 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

It was TOPPED three years later Ms. Jackson and this masterpiece of a performance.

oh wow, Janet's dancing is incredible! :heart2:

I definitely prefer this one over Madge's Vogue 

Wildcat

This performance is such a SERVE. Just look at her - she knows she's that bitch :WAP:

b712212f3381c2b7380865d917fe7b1f.gif

It was conceived as a live music video to be subsequently included in The Immaculate Collection video release. Every second was choreographed with precision and they absolutely nailed it.

monophy.gif

"B-but she's lip-syncing!" This is performance ART, dumb twinks. This is opulence. This is a celebration of gay ballroom culture right in front of 90's mainstream America.

Ahhh, my gay ass ****ing fave :jonny5:

Mtjjproducer
45 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

If you’re going to use playback you better be dancing your ass off. And Janet danced like the rent was due in 6 minutes :clap3:

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Just now, Mtjjproducer said:

If you’re going to use playback you better be dancing your ass off. And Janet danced like the rent was due in 6 minutes :clap3:

Who cares if your lip-syncing when you’re completely F*CKING up the stage with this level of high octane choreography?

I honestly could never.

:jonny2:

Mtjjproducer
45 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Thinking Of You

Janet outdid it like three years later :rip:

The praising of white mediocrity. She didn’t even do anything 

Mtjjproducer
5 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Who cares if your lip-syncing when you’re completely F*CKING up the stage with this level of high octane choreography?

I honestly could never.

:jonny2:

That’s why I use to give Britney a pass back in the day she was dancing her ass off. But now she doesn’t dance that hard and could easily do some number live. 

then you have someone like tinashe who has AMAZING breath control and can do complete choreography and sing live. Same with Beyoncé. 

Jay07

Well Madonna came up with a new concept, costumes, choreography and performed the hell out of it. Janet also slayed but she just recreated the videos onstage so I'm curious what the difference is between the two. That Janet danced harder? Cool, but it's not So You Think You Can Dance, it's who can turn in the most memorable and well realized performance and they both absolutely delivered.

Marshal_ac

she is an icon. Everything about Madonna is legendary.

Fierceness

the 2003 vma performance is better

UCHvjot.gif

dirrtydiana
Posted (edited)

The people here bitching about it will throw dirt at this magnificent theatrical performance and turn right around and go get their lives from a 5h ‘performance’ :toofunny2:

what she did on that stage, is the equivalent of Mariah signing Emotions. Not everyone can do it.

edit: ugh I absolutely love the Janet 93 vma slayage. That transition to the next song and the way she went straight into the second verse of If. I always preferred the way the live versions of If just because she sang the verses higher 

Edited by dirrtydiana
brenda-walsh

it was cute but she's topped herself many times since

theweekend

she truly served for her life there but I'm sure her own 2003 performance topped it.

C.Damen

She has topped it many time since then.

Vogue from Girlie Show >>>

C.Damen

I see the usual stormed in here.

Bussea

This Drag Race mess.

anyways.. it was topped.  By this 

Bussea
6 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Oops someone said it :clap3:

Phoenixstar
8 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Ah that was classic, that was classic

The7thStranger

Madonna topped it in 2004 with Britney, Missy, and Christina.

I’ve always found this particular performance a bit overrated.