Jump to content

Selena's 7 track EP outstreaming Demi's 19 track album. Why?


selena_lavigne

Recommended Posts

selena_lavigne

So Selena Gomez's EP Revelación has accumulated 303,272,648 streams.

 

Demi's album has accumulated 219,541,032 streams.

 

Why is this and why is Demi's 19 track album only getting 120K more daily streams than Selena's 7 track EP, with Demi's album continuing to get TTH exposure.

 

I am very curious. Both albums had potential to succeed and while neither are a big success for either artists I am quite shocked by these numbers.

Are you?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MonsterNavy

    7

  • byzantium

    5

  • Virtual_Insanity

    3

  • selena_lavigne

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

LustSpell

Selena has better music, is a better person, didn't attack a froyo shop and destroy what's left of her career, actually know what's a hit and is more appealing as a whole.

Link to post
Share on other sites
bestfiction

Demi prefers promoting independent businesses like The Big Chill and her efforts are clearly successful on that front though :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
byzantium

I do not think Demi has ever outpaced Selena.  This is just a continuation to that trend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad Serenade
Posted (edited)

selena has always been more successful than demi lovato. That's all.

Edited by Sad Serenade
Link to post
Share on other sites
Selegend
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I do not think Demi has ever outpaced Selena.  This is just a continuation to that trend.  

Yep thats pretty much it. Selena has always been more successful. Sometimes the gap is bigger sometimes the gap is smaller but always more successful. 

Edited by Selegend
Link to post
Share on other sites
Navyofbadgals
3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I do not think Demi has ever outpaced Selena.  This is just a continuation to that trend.  

Yep pretty much 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy
6 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I do not think Demi has ever outpaced Selena.  This is just a continuation to that trend.  

She was never in the same lane as Ariana, Selena and Miley :tongue: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity

Selenas EP was released way before Demi's album and had far more playlisting support. Which is continuing now from Latin countries where the single is doing well. 

 

440638586_ScreenShot2020-06-13at11_19_11

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy

One is talented and makes good music and has star power, is a legit great grown ass woman and not annoying while the other is the complete oposite  :tongue: 
 

also, they were never on the same lane :tongue: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
byzantium
2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

She was never in the same lane as Ariana, Selena and Miley :tongue: 

Well, I would not go that far.  Remember Selena's, Ariana's, and Demi's 2013 albums all had pretty similar success.  2013 Miley was at the top competing on a whole different level.  Since then Ariana leveled up and Selena has been continuously building while Demi has stagnated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy
Just now, byzantium said:

Well, I would not go that far.  Remember Selena's, Ariana's, and Demi's 2013 albums all had pretty similar success.  2013 Miley was at the top competing on a whole different level.  Since then Ariana leveled up and Selena has been continuously building while Demi has stagnated. 

Nope. She might've had cute little album sales closer to selena and miley, cute top 10 hits but she was never on their level. All 3 are huge stars with huge star power. 
 

She had cute little success back then because of the Jonas Brothers :tongue: 
 

Also, another example is Demi's instagram followers being full of fakes. Her engagement is so low and her likes per photo for someone who has 100m+ followers is just :toofunny3: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People like Selena Gomez, her music is better, she is a bigger star, I could go on.

Nobody willingly likes Demi Lovato :skull:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
byzantium
1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

Nope. She might've had cute little album sales closer to selena and miley, cute top 10 hits but she was never on their level. All 3 are huge stars with huge star power. 
 

She had cute little success back then because of the Jonas Brothers :tongue: 
 

Also, another example is Demi's instagram followers being full of fakes. Her engagement is so low and her likes per photo for someone who has 100m+ followers is just :toofunny3: 

You clearly do no know what you are talking about.  There is no world where 2013 Ariana Grande had "huge star power" compared to Demi.  Selena did not get her first top 10 single until 2013. Selena was still bigger but I would say back then Demi was at least in the same lane. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Da Barbie

selena's ep was released a month before demi's so it has a lead on overall streams

 

demi's album is outstreaming it daily and will surpass it 

 

both are flops, don't know why selena fans are so desperate for her to be slightly less of a flop

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy
1 minute ago, byzantium said:

You clearly do no know what you are talking about.  There is no world where 2013 Ariana Grande had "huge star power" compared to Demi.  Selena did not get her first top 10 single until 2013. Selena was still bigger but I would say back then Demi was at least in the same lane. 

Ariana had a top 10 hit in her debut and just a few month later scored a top 2 hit. Demi was never on the same lane as Ariana 

 

Selena has always been the bigger star too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Slow Down
17 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Selenas EP was released way before Demi's album and had far more playlisting support. Which is continuing now from Latin countries where the single is doing well. 

 

440638586_ScreenShot2020-06-13at11_19_11

Way before? They were released 21 days apart, not even a full month difference. 

 

That argument is also invalid considering “Anyone” was released over a year before Demi’s album with a Grammy performance. Selena didn’t release a song from her project until end of January 2021. 💀

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Da Barbie said:

selena's ep was released a month before demi's so it has a lead on overall streams

 

demi's album is outstreaming it daily and will surpass it 

 

both are flops, don't know why selena fans are so desperate for her to be slightly less of a flop

A non promoted 7-song full spanish ep flopping vs 23 song comeback album promoted with controversial music video, controversial documentary and coming from her "much talkEd aboUt" grammy performance and super bowl national anthem with 7 lead singles, an ariana collab etc etc not to mention her running to scooter because she clearly wants something justin and ariana has :tongue: 

Edited by MonsterNavy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Da Barbie
5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

A non promoted 7-song full spanish ep flopping vs 23 song comeback album promoted with controversial music video, controversial documentary and coming from her "much talkEd aboUt" grammy performance and super bowl national anthem with 7 lead singles, an ariana collab etc etc not to mention her running to scooter because she clearly wants something justin and ariana has :tongue: 

go get some help for this mental illness

Link to post
Share on other sites
FloridaKilos
42 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

440638586_ScreenShot2020-06-13at11_19_11

:rip: 

 

OT: Nobody cares about Demi Lovato, especially not as a musician.

Link to post
Share on other sites
moonlitdick
14 minutes ago, byzantium said:

You clearly do no know what you are talking about.  There is no world where 2013 Ariana Grande had "huge star power" compared to Demi.  Selena did not get her first top 10 single until 2013. Selena was still bigger but I would say back then Demi was at least in the same lane. 

Ariana eclipses all 3 combined now  it’s crazy how much can change in under a decade 

Link to post
Share on other sites
brraap

now why beat a dead on arrival horse 

 

demo-froyo.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy
3 minutes ago, Da Barbie said:

go get some help for this mental illness

I actually had therapy session 2 weeks ago but thanks for the concern :tongue: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...