Jump to content

why is julia michaels such a flop?


Recommended Posts

Sharapov

I mean issues was big and she's had some hit collabs but everything she's released solo post issues has bombed, her lead single which she release over a month ago has 10m streams on spotify :rip: her music's pretty good and she has connections (selena),i dont get it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sharapov

    3

  • Michael196

    3

  • Virtual_Insanity

    2

  • Souvenir

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Souvenir

b-b-b-b-ut she created selena's signature sound!!11!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selegend

Good songwriter but lacks star quality. :michael: 

 

i like her tho. but her albums are tiring she has nice singles like Issues, Miss You, Lie like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samsom

Songwriters always had struggles before their breakthrought. She also doesn't have charisma or the IT factor that makes artists smash. Her fanbase is non existent and she's not pretty for the standarts of the industry.

 

Her music is also very generic or something that any artist can sing and made even better. But well, she deserves some kind of success because she has write like a lot of hits songs and she is very sweet and kind. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MTrain

Her last solo song to chart on the Mainstream Top 40 was Uh Huh back in 2017. She seems to be blacklisted on radio for some reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
selena_lavigne

Idk. Her concerts are always packed. I think she has a pretty big core audience but 0 GP interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Superbitch
10 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

b-b-b-b-ut she created selena's signature sound!!11!

Bbbbbbut she did :skull: this doesn’t change that lmao

 

 

hmmm everything went downhill afuera uh huh lmao what a weird ass option for a second single. It killer her momentum. Uh huh was Cute but a terrible follow up to such a smash.

 

worst in me tho>>> the fact they didn’t release that right after issues smh. 
 

and I haven’t liked anything every since then.... she was writer for every popstar is she still doing that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ryoncé

It’s weird 

 

she really does seem to give her best songs to other artists and save the bottom of the barrel for herself 

 

I always hold out hope for each of her projects but they have just gotten worse and worse over the years despite still making good music with other artists 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Superbitch
10 minutes ago, Samsom said:

Songwriters always had struggles before their breakthrought. She also doesn't have charisma or the IT factor that makes artists smash. Her fanbase is non existent and she's not pretty for the standarts of the industry.

 

Her music is also very generic or something that any artist can sing and made even better. But well, she deserves some kind of success because she has write like a lot of hits songs and she is very sweet and kind. 

 

This is kinda true. Same happened with ester dean, Skylar gray and many others. Even partybexrdoor struggled 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharapov
7 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Idk. Her concerts are always packed. I think she has a pretty big core audience but 0 GP interest.

does she perform in bars or where?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mercurio

The title :rip: 

 

The music she released after ‘Issues’ is too chill and her voice lacks weight, which makes her songs sound basic despite her songwriting skills being good. She doesn’t strike me as a Pop star. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterNavy

She's better off as a songwriter. Not everyone can be a star

Link to post
Share on other sites
selena_lavigne
Just now, Sharapov said:

does she perform in bars or where?

She performs at the same venues that 

Lauv, Tove Lo and others like that perform. Idk what to call them but it’s like a really big room that holds a few thousand people all standing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
magazine

Who cares? She probably doesn't have a machine behind investing tons of money. I'm sure she can do it "just for fun"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Eglė

She is an INCREDIBLE songwriter and she is just great at her craft. Her debut album Not In Chronological Order is simply phenomenal (pure pop perfection, up there with Carlys Emotion, dare I say). 

 

Unfortunately, she doesnt have star quality. Mediocre performances, nothing innovative, she doesnt have great vocals (I mean, I personally love her raspy vocal style, but its just not everyones cup of tea). 

 

Im not entirely sure that she wanted to become a popstar in the first place, I think she was forced to do certain things she wasnt comfortable with. When Issues was released, I remember her saying how much she hates performing and how anxious she feels. I think only with Lie Like This it felt like she was actually enjoying herself as a popstar.

 

I dont see her getting big or scoring another hit, but I hope she does not get dropped and gets to release more albums - I personally love the music she puts out, I love her personality and her songwriting and the way she approaches pop music. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TalkThatRihanna
Posted (edited)

Her voice just isn’t good on all those boring guitar/piano songs.

 

It’s a shame she doesn’t record songs like Jump anymore. Plus she gives all her bops away to other artists

 

I did manage to find one good song on her album tho!

 

Edited by TalkThatRihanna
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I get that not all songs on her albums sound like gp hits and she lacks some star power, but All Yout Exes should've been a hit and I'll be mad forever

 

She at least had a big streaming hit with If The World Was Ending last year. I think there's hope for her with the right songsballads

Edited by pavi
Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael196
5 minutes ago, Eglė said:

She is an INCREDIBLE songwriter and she is just great at her craft. Her debut album Not In Chronological Order is simply phenomenal (pure pop perfection, up there with Carlys Emotion, dare I say). 

 

Unfortunately, she doesnt have star quality. Mediocre performances, nothing innovative, she doesnt have great vocals (I mean, I personally love her raspy vocal style, but its just not everyones cup of tea). 

 

Im not entirely sure that she wanted to become a popstar in the first place, I think she was forced to do certain things she wasnt comfortable with. When Issues was released, I remember her saying how much she hates performing and how anxious she feels. I think only with Lie Like This it felt like she was actually enjoying herself as a popstar.

 

I dont see her getting big or scoring another hit, but I hope she does not get dropped and gets to release more albums - I personally love the music she puts out, I love her personality and her songwriting and the way she approaches pop music. 

EVERY SINGLE WORD!

but funny that Most ran here to drag and the thread got many replies in no time, when the album thread that was released a few days ago is dead and  99% of them didn’t listen to the album or the majority of her releases post issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
St. Francis
17 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

This is kinda true. Same happened with ester dean, Skylar gray and many others. Even partybexrdoor struggled 

Songwriters/artists like Victoria Monet and Tove Lo too. While Tove's had hits, she deserves much more recognition. 

Unless I could be mistaken, I think Sia and Bebe Rexha are the only female songwriters-artists who have had decent commercial success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Souvenir
24 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Bbbbbbut she did :skull: this doesn’t change that lmao

 

then she should create another one for herself..

Link to post
Share on other sites
revivval

She better stay as a songwriter for Selena bops but she had some nice bops like Issues

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...