3 minutes ago, Samsom said:

Dido is the queen of taking gaps since her career started 

No Angel (1999)

Life For Rent (2003)

Safe Trip Home (2008)

Girl Who Got Away (2013)

Still On My Mind (2019)

D5 (2025?)

Also The Corrs come to mind when they released White Light in 2015, 10 years after their last Home (2005)

"The Day Before the Day" singer always serves us right material :clap3:

M___Dash

there was a five year gap between Robyn (2005) and Body Talk (2010) and then eight years until Honey (2018)

Fiona Apple was similar with seven years from Extraordinary Machine (2005) to Idler Wheel...(2012) and then another eight to Fetch the Bolt Cutters (2020)

gagacasanova
1 hour ago, Insanity said:

Shania Twain Up (2002) to Now (2017)  15 yrs unless u count Greatest Hits from 2004 then 13 yrs

This break left me insane but a lotta personal **** happened so...

Love4Janet

Not the longest, but the 8 year gap between Brandy's Two Eleven and B7 felt like an eternity 

CaptainMusic
1 hour ago, Dephira said:

The Eagles took a 28 year break between "The Long Run" in 1979 and their #1 Billboard album "Long Road Out of Eden" in 2007. 

1 hour ago, jqnetto said:

Linda Perhacs took 44 years to release a follow-up to her 1970's album Parallelograms.

1 hour ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Sade (1992) 

Sade (2000)

Sade (2010)

Sade (202?)

:flame:and the fire Is still burning as she would say. 

Screaming :deadbanana4:

Kevin Parker

Roger Waters, 25 years

Amused to Death 1992 -> Is This the Life We Really Want? 2017

Pink Floyd, 20 years

The Division Bell 1994 -> The Endless River 2014

Cersei Lannister
2 hours ago, Dephira said:

The Eagles took a 28 year break between "The Long Run" in 1979 and their #1 Billboard album "Long Road Out of Eden" in 2007. 

2 hours ago, jqnetto said:

Linda Perhacs took 44 years to release a follow-up to her 1970's album Parallelograms.

MESS, maybe there is still hope for Masochism :skull:

LosingHimWasBlue

Rihanna will took 20 years gap. Bookmark me :devil:

TROJAN

I remember thinking the 2 year gap between Born This Way and ARTPOP felt like forever, I took stuff for granted :rip:

Samsom
7 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

I remember thinking the 2 year gap between Born This Way and ARTPOP felt like forever, I took stuff for granted :rip:

I thought the same back in the day with Cannibal to Warrior :rip: it felt like forever and by that time eras lasted so much more to make the waiting to the follow up not that long :deadbanana4:

Tropez
2 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Sade (1992) 

Sade (2000)

Sade (2010)

Sade (202?)

:flame:and the fire Is still burning as she would say. 

And the crazy thing is Sade is one of the few bands that can take breaks and still have big sales and audience interest. 

lestat111
10 minutes ago, Tropez said:

And the crazy thing is Sade is one of the few bands that can take breaks and still have big sales and audience interest. 

and that is because they are very talented with timeless music and she is amazing, real lady, and people see that over decades.

Samsom
16 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Sade and Enya are clearly on another level. Such talented beloved and timeless queens that has nothing to prove to the public. 

To think the last Enya album released in 2015 sold 1.5M WW and Sade 3M and released in 2010.

PlERRE
3 hours ago, Dephira said:

Did they release singles or new music in that gap? Poor fans :skull:

Mtjjproducer

Jojo had a 10 year gap between the heigh road and mad love do to her record label. She technically had mixtapes and eps but nothing she could sell due to blackground 

Underclass King

Liz Phair hasn't released an album since 2010's Funstyle and has been promising a "new album this year" for like the last five years. She has at least four confirmed scrapped albums, with two of them being scrapped in 2016 and a double-album being scrapped in 2019 after the sexual misconduct allegations against the album's main collaborator, Ryan Adams. She claims she will release a new album, Soberish, this year so I'm hoping she pulls through as I need new Liz music. :jonny2:

Tweets about the cancelled albums:

popmusicisdead

Utada: Heart Station (2008) - Fantome (2016): 8 years :rip:.

Triton

And here we are complaining about Rihanna, Beyoncé and Adele. 

Insanity
3 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

This break left me insane but a lotta personal **** happened so...

I love her so much I hope.mp3 we get a new album soon

dirrtydiana

Jojo

and Britney is going on 5 years

mxtthewdelrey

My Bloody Valentine

Loveless (1991)

m b v (2013)

22 years

queenoftheclouds

After reading this we can be happy to get albums every 2 - 3 years. I go crazy when there is no follow up within 4 years but to wait over 20 years? Impossible.