Jesy Nelson reveals why she left Little Mix

Nerez
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

I say this with all my heart but she made a point about the outfit in SM. It didn’t flatter her. With the amount of experience and seniority in the industry how could someone not help her pick a better outfit? For starters, those damn leotards are so outdated. I even hated them when that’s all Britney wore in the circus tour. They have styled her amazingly in the past so I know they can still do it today.

anyway I really hope she’s more at peace now that she’s left 

The outfit in Sweet Melody is actually the type of outfit she likes though. She's worn variants of that same leotard over the years while the girls varied a bit more their outfits.

(she also didn't say anything about the outfit in Sweet Melody specifically, just her feeling heavier and hating looking back at herself for it).

Edited by Nerez
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• Thinking Of You

• Ampersand13

• Joesuxx

I always hate when group members leave saying they didn't like the music then release the same style only worse. Watch it happen here. :skull:

shark_heather
3 hours ago, The Slayer said:

People need to stop saying this, Jesy probably did not know Leigh-Anne was announcing her pregnancy today. She can't control when a magazine cover/interview is coming out.

3 hours ago, The Slayer said:

The people saying 'bad timing' are so dumb :clown:

Im not saying bad timing towards Jesy 

But IT IS a bad timing 😂

PlaidShirtDays

I just feel like she is low key blaming the other girls and shaming them. They were always so supportive over her body image issues. The way she constantly shames them for being happy with the way they look is just as bad as being upset with the way you look. Like not once did she say "and I don't blame them" or anything anytime she mentioned the other girls

Sad Serenade

"the timing": she can't control a magazine cover and interview which were probably planned weeks or a month ago. 

She has never said anything negative about the girls or Leigh.

BlueTimberwolf

Is it me, or is there tension between Jesy and Perrie?  When Jesy had her Live Lounge breakdown, Perrie had her hands on her hips and was the last to go and comfort her. And recently in interviews, Perrie seems really annoyed when Jesy is brought up. Almost like she was tired of Jesy's constant whining, and is upset she put their career jeopardy. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer
3 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Is it me, or is there tension between Jesy and Perrie?  When Jesy had her Live Lounge breakdown, Perrie had her hands on her hips and was the last to go and comfort her. And recently in interviews, Perrie seems really annoyed when Jesy is brought up. Almost like she was tired of Jesy's constant whining, and is upset she put their career jeopardy. 

I don't think so, right after that performance Jesy wrote a sweet caption about Perrie covering her part! Perrie was maybe stressed as she literally had to cover Jesy's part super last minute.

Both Sides Now
1 hour ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

I just feel like she is low key blaming the other girls and shaming them. They were always so supportive over her body image issues. The way she constantly shames them for being happy with the way they look is just as bad as being upset with the way you look. Like not once did she say "and I don't blame them" or anything anytime she mentioned the other girls

Yeah, I think she is sort of projecting onto the other girls. I suppose when you are constantly referred to as the ugly/fat one, you will build resentment towards them. The problem is, I don’t think going solo will fix this...

Cheers

It's crazy because she always stood out to me but in a good way! She was a scene stealer. She was obviously bigger than the other girls but it worked for her! 

Little Mix -Gifs

Pin by Hugo Cabañez on like | Little mix jesy, Little mix, Jesy nelson126 images about Jesy Nelson GIF 🧡✨ on We Heart It | See more about gif,  jesy nelson and little mix

Champagne
1 hour ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

This 100%. Good PR but they clearly are not on good terms IMO. 

Beyonnaise
Posted (edited)

Hmm she and the others clearly aren't on good terms. The fact that she didn't even throw in a PR'd "I wish them nothing but the best" is telling.

It sounds like she didn't like being in the group in a broader sense for a long time, beyond just being insecure standing next to the others in videos (although I'm sure that was one of the more significant reasons and it certainly sounds the most valid to tell their fans). She mentioned the group's music not being "her style" and being generally miserable being in the group format.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Sounds like total bs to me. Why is she the one showing the most body in the video if she's so insecure about it? She has always been slightly bigger than the other 3 so why didn't she lose weight during all these years or hit a breaking point now? Is she not going to be on her own solo music videos? 

DockDock
6 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

But yet you're recording solo music. Which is going to bring you more attention.

Also that doesn't really make any sense. You decided to leave the group after gaining weight (which she didn't look bad), then lost weight and posted thirst traps while teasing solo music. Just admit you wanted to go solo which was clear from interviews you gave during lockdown and be honest.

i think the problem always was that she did compare herself to the other girls so she is not going to look as she wanted bc she feels she still bigger, get the lockdown part but also going SOLO you are just you, makes sense she feel condifent again going solo, and if she feels good about her body now and want to release solo musci  still fine and healty.

Ice Cream Skies

I mean, honestly, good for her. She gets to do her own thing like she wants and also stop dragging down the other girls with her personal issues. Although now that one of them is pregnant, there might not be a group anymore, period. :rip: They've lasted longer than the other girl groups, though, so they may have just run their course. They're almost 30 now anyway, so if they all want to go solo, this is probably the best time to stop anyway.

Exzime.
3 hours ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

I wonder if she's low-key insufferable and constantly creates negative environment around the girls cause that must suck :rip: Reading her leaving the set of Sweet Melody music video because she saw the girls were genuinely having a good time while she's not bc she felt really insecure is just.... :deadbanana4:

Soda Pop Queen
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

I used to think Jesy couldn't low-key stand her back in the day lol. They've all grown up a lot but in their early years, Pez was the most immature (naturally, being the youngest) and liked acting the dumb blonde role lol. I think she and Jesy went through a phase to where they seemed quite close and buddy buddy around Glory Days era but then I don't know where they were at in the last couple of years. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
J Legend X

but why don't we like anything that the girls post and vice versa ?... ok

J Legend X
25 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

I mean, honestly, good for her. She gets to do her own thing like she wants and also stop dragging down the other girls with her personal issues. Although now that one of them is pregnant, there might not be a group anymore, period. :rip: They've lasted longer than the other girl groups, though, so they may have just run their course. They're almost 30 now anyway, so if they all want to go solo, this is probably the best time to stop anyway.

this is not gonna happen... they are gonna come stronger than ever... the girls and their team knew about Leigh-Anne... in fact she is probably like 5 months pregnant... they already have other collabs ready to release with videos while Leigh is preggers...They want this !

Katamari
20 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

I wonder if she's low-key insufferable and constantly creates negative environment around the girls cause that must suck :rip: Reading her leaving the set of Sweet Melody music video because she saw the girls were genuinely having a good time while she's not bc she felt really insecure is just.... :deadbanana4:

Demi tease....

Sexyzinger
5 hours ago, DUA LIPA said:

i'm happy for her if she feels better but ngl watching that glamour interview clip where her reasoning is "i think it would have been better if i was a solo artist because i wouldn't have been compared to the other girls" is giving me the grass is always greener on the other side tea where she's going to realise that going solo won't fix all of her problems she had with the public perception of her and her getting compared to the 289 other british solo acts. 

:clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
fais_2311

If this is her reason, I feel like other girls will clearly support her decision, but it was freaking obvious thay Jade, Perrie and Leigh were hurt and it affected their relationship. So sad cause they used to be so close

• #FreeBritney Activist
dirrtydiana
5 hours ago, Cheers said:

It's crazy because she always stood out to me but in a good way! She was a scene stealer. She was obviously bigger than the other girls but it worked for her! 

Little Mix -Gifs

Pin by Hugo Cabañez on like | Little mix jesy, Little mix, Jesy nelson126 images about Jesy Nelson GIF 🧡✨ on We Heart It | See more about gif,  jesy nelson and little mix

this is what i mean.

unbelievably hot! whoever styled her for SM shouldve changed the final outfit fast after seeing what amazing things the others were wearing. its not that she looked bad but they didnt make her look her best. tho personally i did not like Leigh-anne's look in that video much either. 

Walk_Away21
4 hours ago, Exzime. said:

that’s why she literally said she felt bad she was always bringing them down with her issues. It’s probably going to be better for both of them.

Inner Insanity

I always loved her the most because she was the most different from the others. I've always thought she was unique and stunning and it breaks my heart that years of toxic tabloids and comments have destroyed her self-image. :cries: I hope being solo and getting the help she needs helps her feel happy and confident again. She deserves so much better.