Jesy Nelson reveals why she left Little Mix

Sugden

I like her, but she always seemed a little bitter about the other girls, like they cause her problems or something.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• Thinking Of You

• Ampersand13

• Joesuxx

J-esper

I already knew some members were very shallow and short sighted on this forum, but some people really were able to set the bar even lower in this thread :skull:

OT: I already understood this before she clarified it in this interview. Mental health problems are complex. The fact she basically hold on to it for like a decade while battling her inner demons is already very tough and I am happy she chose her own happiness over trying to keep the machine going and completely losing herself. I think people also forget her documentary and what she told there, she was stuck into a cycle of negativity that mentally was eating her up. Her leaving was not something that randomly happened, it was a process and at some point you have to choose you over what most people 'want' or 'expect' you to do.

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer
3 minutes ago, Sugden said:

I like her, but she always seemed a little bitter about the other girls, like they cause her problems or something.

It does not sound like that at all, she said it was her own problem and didn't blame anyone else.

Did you read the full interview? Plus she even referred to the girls as 'my three girls' in the video interview.

Pink Ranger

Body dysmorphia issues are looked down upon a lot and I think there needs to be a bigger conversation about the way we judge female popstars based on their looks more so than their talents.

hypnodemiluv
1 hour ago, Beyoncé Knowles said:

I think you're missing something here! Being in a girl group, you consistently get compared to other members. That's what was going on with her. She was called "the fat one". No matter how much she tried, she was never like the other members and people called her fat. 

If she will do solo music, people won't have anyone to compare her with. That focus on her weight won't be as bad. 

:clap3:

Jay L

Hmm...if she’s happier now I’m happy for her. That’s all I’ll say

BadHabits
1 hour ago, Mtjjproducer said:

But yet you're recording solo music. Which is going to bring you more attention.

Also that doesn't really make any sense. You decided to leave the group after gaining weight (which she didn't look bad), then lost weight and posted thirst traps while teasing solo music. Just admit you wanted to go solo which was clear from interviews you gave during lockdown and be honest.

Yeah but she gets to decide what music she wants and how she looks. Compared y the other three members, shes the biggest. She felt like she had to compete or being on-par with the other three members. 

skankle
1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

To think they have plenty of money and can't even pay for a nutritionist/trainer to help you get in shape without running to crazy diets :skull:

Not trying to be insensitive at all (I hope I wasn't), but some of those decisions are just... Damn.

Jesy is just a broad-set girl. She has big hips, ribcage and shoulders. She could lose as much weight as she wants and that wouldn't change.

OT I think she's very fair and honest in this. The comments here are not considerate.

Johnny Jacobs
32 minutes ago, myles said:

she literally said that multiple times all the way through the interview.. 

that was the very obvious message to take away from this interview and it couldn’t have been more clear :rip: 

It could've from the beginning. 

XtinaStripped

I feel like once her own solo schedule starts and suddenly she does have a music video in 2 weeks and work commitments she might still struggle..

Sounds like she was just going through the motions for a long time & the video was just a breaking point.

When I saw the “Sweet Melody” video I thought she wouldn’t be happy with it tbh.. She did look bigger but she still looks good. Never noticed there was a scene she wasn’t in.

Daydream

****ing bitch. Trying to steal Leigh-Anne’s moment. This is disgusting. :biblio:

family.guy123

are people on this site slow? leave the girl alone. she auditioned as a solo artist so why are you surprised that she doesn't want to be in a group? she doesn't owe any of you **** an explanation 

popstyle

i wont support her and honestly hope she flops after she left little mix.

Fly Away

She was in a girl group, insecure people compare themselves to everybody in their surroundings and find ways to bring themselves down, which wouldn't be too hard being surrounded by pretty skinny girls like she was. Now that she doesn't need to compare herself to anybody esle on camera or be up to their "standard" it makes perfect sense she feels better and less insecure. It's really not that hard to understand 

Kings.
1 hour ago, The Slayer said:

The people saying 'bad timing' are so dumb :clown:

Exactly. Magazine shoots and interviews are done 2-4 months in advance.

MrLovett
16 minutes ago, Daydream said:

****ing bitch. Trying to steal Leigh-Anne’s moment. This is disgusting. :biblio:

:rip: She doesn't get to decide when the magazine cover gets released. Get a grip.

wehavetostan

I think it’s really important that she chose her happiness and I’m glad she’s doing a lot better now! I wonder how her relationship is with the other girls now, and if she still has one, considering that she has not publicly congratulated Leigh-Anne on her pregnancy.

dirrtydiana

I say this with all my heart but she made a point about the outfit in SM. It didn’t flatter her. With the amount of experience and seniority in the industry how could someone not help her pick a better outfit? For starters, those damn leotards are so outdated. I even hated them when that’s all Britney wore in the circus tour. They have styled her amazingly in the past so I know they can still do it today.

anyway I really hope she’s more at peace now that she’s left 

butterflymimi

I hate that she has to clarify this but I hope people give her less sh!t now she's gone into more depth about it

LovaticSwiftie
1 hour ago, Daydream said:

2 hours ago, The Slayer said:

The people saying 'bad timing' are so dumb :clown:

Both Sides Now

Good for her for deciding to what’s best for her mental health.

It will be interesting to see what kind of ambition she has for her own solo career. It’s a risky move to criticise the work that people began following you for. What was it about LM’s music she didn’t like?

MonsterNavy
Posted (edited)

Does anyone care about this chick? Seems like another Zayn situation to me milking the "first to leAvE tHe gRouP" hype :doc: 

Edited by MonsterNavy
Blue.
2 hours ago, Braz said:

Even in the video she mentions, her outfit was different from everyone else. :skull:

And ofc the timing. :skull:

There has been several instances where even her would admit she was very difficult for styling and would only step out in certain clothes.

2 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Also this 

While Jesy didn’t want to comment on her current relationship with the girls, she opened up about what it was really like being compared to them for nearly 10 years of her life...

:rip:

This is weird since Leigh-Anne, Jade and Perrie talked nicely about her in the recent interviews.

The video for her breakdown at the BBC Live Lounge though is kinda weird and you can feel some tension now in retrospective.

2 hours ago, shark_heather said:

SUCH A BAD TIMING 

Ikr :rip: even if she could not know about Leigh-Anne’s pregnancy announcement it just so happens to be around the release of Confetti.

DUA LIPA

i'm happy for her if she feels better but ngl watching that glamour interview clip where her reasoning is "i think it would have been better if i was a solo artist because i wouldn't have been compared to the other girls" is giving me the grass is always greener on the other side tea where she's going to realise that going solo won't fix all of her problems she had with the public perception of her and her getting compared to the 289 other british solo acts. 

Sharapov

this chick going solo is baffling. she clearly has 0 star quality among other things...