Jesy Nelson reveals why she left Little Mix

Walk_Away21
10 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

What? This doesn’t even make sense. You left because the pressure of looking slim but you go and pose for a magazine cover and record solo music for your solo career?

She has many times mentioned being in a group is harder than being solo. Because being compared to three other thinner girls and having to be next to them in videos was very hard. I don't know why anyone was surprised. Her documentary confirmed everything she's saying and why she left. And I think her missing the transition scene in the video was obviously due to her weight anxiety. Transforming to / from the other thinner girls directly probably scared her.

ATRL is ready to kill her tho no matter what so whatever.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• Thinking Of You

• Ampersand13

• Joesuxx

19 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

But yet you're recording solo music. Which is going to bring you more attention.

Also that doesn't really make any sense. You decided to leave the group after gaining weight (which she didn't look bad), then lost weight and posted thirst traps while teasing solo music. Just admit you wanted to go solo which was clear from interviews you gave during lockdown and be honest.

That's not the point. When you are in a team with four other people, often you have to make sacrifices for the team. This woman is explaining that those sacrifices caused her great insecurity because they felt out of her control.

With solo music, she will have more control over what she puts on her body, and the situations that she is put into. If she gets negative media/back lash, at least she is doing what feels good to her. That is the point

formidable
4 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Also this 

:rip:

This scares me :doc: I hope they didn't have a big fall out. Her departure feels kinda abrupt by the way she talks about it.

Ugh this interview, it explains her not doing that one scene in Sweet Melody. The pressure she put on herself by comparing herself to the other 3 must've been so bad, and it would always be there unless she left the group. 

I'm not that interested in her solo career (as she was my 'least' favorite LM member anyway) but I wish her all the best.

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer

Some people still attacking her as so dumb - read the full interview and educate yourselves on her struggles with mental health before leaving such disgusting comments.

Ampersand13
6 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

She has many times mentioned being in a group is harder than being solo. Because being compared to three other thinner girls and having to be next to them in videos was very hard. I don't know why anyone was surprised. Her documentary confirmed everything she's saying and why she left. And I think her missing the transition scene in the video was obviously due to her weight anxiety. Transforming to / from the other thinner girls directly probably scared her.

ATRL is ready to kill her tho no matter what so whatever.

This. People on this site would rather believe she was a wolf in sheep’s clothing than someone who was dealing with numerous personal struggles who made a difficult decision for the sake of their own health

• #FreeBritney Activist
The Slayer

It's sad Jesy even had to answer this

E0j1TfhXEAANv1g?format=jpg&name=small

BOOMBAYAH

I don’t really know what to say on this, but a lot of people here are acting dense on purpose. Being a solo artist + being in a group is obviously different because as a soloist it’s just you and your product whereas in a group the public (and stans as we see on atrl everyday) will constantly compare the members and elevate one as the “Beyoncé” whilst tearing others down. Maybe Jesy did just leave to make her own music, but her leaving due to pressure is definitely not something I’d think she’d lie about. 

Likingstars

I always love her serving curves in the group. She’s insanely hot.

champpp

It's heartbreaking that she had to go through all that for 10 years. I love the group, they are all extremely talented, gorgeous and likable and they all seemed so close so it's also sad to see them like this now but I'm sure they'll get over it in a few years and become good friends again and hopefully one day in 10, 15 years release another album together or do something for the fans.

Can't wait to see what she has planned, I'm sure it'll be great! :heart2:

TaggedGalaxy

Anyway, I hope she's in a better place mentally

Afterglow

Weird reason, I really think this is a promotion plan. 

brraap

Don't tell me she's pulling a [redacted] and trying to throw her bandmates under the bus just to promote her new solo material

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Dula Peep
12 minutes ago, Likingstars said:

I always love her serving curves in the group. She’s insanely hot.

This. SM was the best she ever looked tbh, it's a shame :confused:

Johnny Jacobs

Oh.. So when I'll see her in her solo videos dressed like a nun and not revealing ill buy it :coffee2:

I truly don't understand why not say she wants to be on her own.. It's not a bad thing and it's not shady 

Last Boy on Earth
Posted (edited)

Me because I fractured my hand last week and now I’m unable to workout just before summer, panicking on how I’ll look at the beach.

on a more serious note, I completely understand how she feel,  our generation is doomed with all these body standards and expectations, Instagram killed our self esteem. I cannot even look at the mirror many times because of my acne (even after spending hundreds of € trying to take care of it). The amount of plastic surgery people be having including teenagers should not be normalised. I feel bad for her 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

If this is all over the Sweet Melody shoot then 

1. Why as she still in the final video? 
2. Why did she did do all those live shows for the show and then leave before the finale?

3. Why wouldn’t she do the EMAs as one last performance with the girls and fans.

They clearly had a falling out.

Xpress2019
1 minute ago, FAN said:

If this is all over the Sweet Melody shoot then 

1. Why as she still in the final video? 
2. Why did she did do all those live shows for the show and then leave before the finale?

3. Why wouldn’t she do the EMAs as one last performance with the girls and fans.

They clearly had a falling out.

She was also posting about how excited she was to host the EMAs. Also don't forget the radio silence from her during the album release week. 

myles

you guys are so aggressive and obtuse on the first page :rip: 

firstly, why does she even need to justify why being in the group wasn’t making her happy any longer? she doesn’t need to give reasoning or explain.

she loves music so that’s what she is going to be doing and no longer has all of the relentless promo and demands that come with being in a pop group. period! 

WeFoundWill
37 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

To think they have plenty of money and can't even pay for a nutritionist/trainer to help you get in shape without running to crazy diets :skull:

Not trying to be insensitive at all (I hope I wasn't), but some of those decisions are just... Damn.

Some ppl have mental illness Barbara 

This actually cleared up a lot of things for me and now I don’t get how people can still not get it :confused: She felt very insecure compared to the girls who were way skinnier than her and she always had to be on the group’s schedule, plus she didn’t enjoy their music

Eglė

Poor girl. She's gonna be compared to someone all the time. People always compare everything, no matter what. She got compared to other girls in the group. The group itself got compared to Fifth Harmony. This girl group was compared to another girl group. X compared to Y.

**** like this happens especially in the UK with all of the toxic tabloids. First of all she's always going to be compared to LM’s (both in terms of looks and the performance of her solo effort as well). They are going to compare her to all of the other girls in her own field (I don’t know if that’s Pop or R&B or whatever).

She needs help to learn to love herself no matter what and she needs to stop reading comments online. Cause there’s always so much pressure in the music industry, whether you are a solo act or in a girl group. She is still going to be compared to someone, like it or not. 

myles
12 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Oh.. So when I'll see her in her solo videos dressed like a nun and not revealing ill buy it :coffee2:

I truly don't understand why not say she wants to be on her own.. It's not a bad thing and it's not shady 

she literally said that multiple times all the way through the interview.. 

that was the very obvious message to take away from this interview and it couldn’t have been more clear :rip: 

Littlejfrey

Now I understand her more. If she would’ve stayed in Little mix she would’ve always been compared to the rest of the girls, because that’s the direction they were taking with SM (their image), while in a solo proyect she gets to choose what she wants to show (maybe not so much focus on her image) and the people would not compare her with other girls. I wish she would’ve said this from the start and that would’ve avoided the “I’m gonna be selfish and gonna leave the group to be successful on my own” image.

I still think it would be best for her to stay away from the public image for a while instead of working immediately in a solo proyect. I mean, I don’t think she’s struggling with money so it would be possible 

Daniel767
57 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

What? This doesn’t even make sense. You left because the pressure of looking slim but you go and pose for a magazine cover and record solo music for your solo career?

this .. 

Outlaws
13 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

Some ppl have mental illness Barbara 

:biblio: I know?