Why is Alina Baraz so UNDERRATED/UNKNOWN?

Sweet Sexy Savage

Sweet Sexy Savage
Posted (edited)

She serves smooth R&B voice and sexiness and a lowkey cute Khalid hit. What went wrong?

Edited by Sweet Sexy Savage
Maestro

Yeah she's amazing

I don't think she's willing to play the game like she needs to. She's barely active on social media and doesn't really do much to support her albums. It's a shame because she is sooo good

99sandthe2000s

it's unfortunate cause her music is heavenly and It Was Divine was a top 10 project for me last year :alexz:

dabunique

its a shame cuz her last album was everything to me during Miss Rona

Sweet Sexy Savage
1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Yeah she's amazing

I don't think she's willing to play the game like she needs to. She's barely active on social media and doesn't really do much to support her albums. It's a shame because she is sooo good

It’s so weird because I thought she was coming for blood especially with starting off your discography with two Khalid tracks(and her Khalid tracks being her biggest songs sans her EDM era). I was really expecting some sort of mainstream niche cut out for her, or at least that’s what her label/team seemed to be doing. :thing:

dabunique
1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Yeah she's amazing

yup like she totally said IWD was her debut album and i'm liek what about TCOY LOL

her album with Galimatias is also great, super chill, jus wanna smoke a blunt and relax with a guy

dabunique
1 minute ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

It’s so weird because I thought she was coming for blood especially with starting off your discography with two Khalid tracks(and her Khalid tracks being her biggest songs sans her EDM era). I was really expecting some sort of mainstream niche cut out for her, or at least that’s what her label/team seemed to be doing. :thing:

She and Khalid make magic together, three great songs

Sweet Sexy Savage
1 minute ago, dabunique said:

She and Khalid make magic together, three great songs

The Color of You felt like a pretty big era for an unknown artist like her coming from EDM going to vibey R&B music(especially with artist at the time like H.E.R, Daniel Caesar, etc. blowing up on Spotify)

dabunique
Just now, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

The Color of You felt like a pretty big era for an unknown artist like her coming from EDM going to vibey R&B music(especially with artist at the time like H.E.R, Daniel Caesar, etc. blowing up on Spotify)

facts, like TCOY was in heavy rotation for me with AD and CTRL dat year

she beautiful, down to earth, and has such a silky voice, what's not to love

Sweet Sexy Savage
1 minute ago, dabunique said:

facts, like TCOY was in heavy rotation for me with AD and CTRL dat year

she beautiful, down to earth, and has such a silky voice, what's not to love

Fallin is one of my favorite R&B album openers and she has so much richness in her voice I feel like she’s an untouched treasure. I want her to blow up, but at the same time, I want her to be lowkey

LightningPH
34 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Love this one :clap3:

This caught me off guard when listening to the album. It's has more "oomph" compared to the first tracks.

wantedyoutogrow

She's too good for the average mind, I fear. It Was Divine is my favorite album ever, and I swear I will get My Whole Life to chart by force if I have to

RoseGold

Like someone said, she isn't willing to play the game. Which is commendable in its own right but it means that she will stay a small artist. The industry isn't for everyone.

jakeisphat

I don’t think her label can really afford to give her the push she needs without depleting the funds of their other artists. It doesn’t seem like they have even one artist whose songs have charted on a major U.S. chart.

But her bodies of work are enough to get her a major label deal when the independent one ends. Interscope or Atlantic could really put her up there if they gave her the formula used on Summer Walker or Kehlani.