Lily Allen did what other pop stars couldn't. Why?

usedtothis

Shes honestly the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met

untitled41.gif

When I asked her to write on my CD “Apples is the best song of all time” and she disagreed and said no 

untitled41.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeshaSwift

• Buddy

• andresg770

• Paddy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

metalheart

Alright, Still is STILL an amazing album.

Sometimes Marina serves a little bit of Lily but it’s rare... Hard Out Here and Sex Yeah have similar energy though. 

mathekr

Lily is so underrated. One of the best songwriters of out time.

45 minutes ago, metalheart said:

Sometimes Marina serves a little bit of Lily but it’s rare... Hard Out Here and Sex Yeah have similar energy though. 

This! I always thought there was a lot of siilarities between the two, especially during TFJ and EH.

Sugden

"And i am a weapon of massive consumption and it's not my fault it's how i'm programmed to function"

Is one of the best lyrics ever i fear.

untitled41.gif

andresg770
9 hours ago, KeshaSwift said:

I'm so jealous omg. She must be so fun and cheeky as a performer :heart:

Weirdly there aren't a lot of videos of this show online, but here are a couple that I guess illustrate my experience.  She was a blast tbh

queenoftheclouds

She did something a few pop stars did but where is she now? Selling sex toys? Has no label?

You have to play the game before you can risk a big mouth.

KeshaSwift
Just now, queenoftheclouds said:

She did something a few pop stars did but where is she now? Selling sex toys? Has no label?

You have to play the game before you can risk a big mouth.

Is she a flop now? Yes. That doesn’t degrade her talent. 

queenoftheclouds
Just now, KeshaSwift said:

Is she a flop now? Yes. That doesn’t degrade her talent. 

Her songwritting is really talented. I must agree on that.

No Shame is her best album followed by INMIY.

Really sad she is a flop now.

Samsom
Posted (edited)

She's not only talented too. She is clever, interesting, entretaining, versatile and relatable. She's not afraid to speak and she is doesn't give a **** about what people or her label would say. She's so raw and honest and real and also she doesn't have a problem with showing angry or vulnerability with such class. She's the example of a real pop star with talent and vision of reality and that's shown in her lyrics, her music videos and interviews/persona. A lot of popstars are celebrity puppets and are afraid to speak up things just to stay in spotlight. Lily said '**** you' and even with that she managed to have some good sales with Sheezus and make a little noise with No Shame. Both good records too. She's what pop music should be in industry and not that dollar makers that wants to look 'wOkE' and 'cORreCT' while keeps collaborating with predators or criticism capitalism while practising it in every ****ing way. Still ahead of her time I guess 

Edited by Samsom
Outlaws

Can anyone recommend an album from her?

KeshaSwift
1 hour ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Her songwritting is really talented. I must agree on that.

No Shame is her best album followed by INMIY.

Really sad she is a flop now.

25 minutes ago, Samsom said:

She's not only talented too. She is clever, interesting, entretaining, versatile and relatable. She's not afraid to speak and she is doesn't give a **** about what people or her label would say. She's so raw and honest and real and also she doesn't have a problem with showing angry or vulnerability with such class. She's the example of a real pop star with talent and vision of reality and that's shown in her lyrics, her music videos and interviews/persona. A lot of popstars are celebrity puppets and are afraid to speak up things just to stay in spotlight. Lily said '**** you' and even with that she managed to have some good sales with Sheezus and make a little noise with No Shame. Both good records too. She's what pop music should be in industry and not that dollar makers that wants to look 'wOkE' and 'cORreCT' while keeps collaborating with predators or criticism capitalism while practising it in every ****ing way. Still ahead of her time I guess 

Y’all better preach :clap3:

15 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

The singles from Its Not Me, It’s You, and No Shame (album) are her career highlights for me. No shame is definitely her most cohesive, catchy and fun body of work, while still maintaining quality.

TheWayWeWere

No Shame is one of my all-time favorite records :jonny5: her lyrics are.... :jonny4:

I Hate that she's so underrated and even hated by UK media :biblio: 

liammmmacbtw
19 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

It's Not Me, It's You.

Buddy
12 hours ago, 07tandu said:

It's too bad she's a known predator and sexual harasser.

Please. Stop throwing those words around like that 

untitled41.gif

Buddy
6 hours ago, usedtothis said:

Shes honestly the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met

untitled41.gif

When I asked her to write on my CD “Apples is the best song of all time” and she disagreed and said no 

untitled41.gif

Apples is a cover but with her own lyrics, maybe that's why

Samsom
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Apples is a cover but with her own lyrics, maybe that's why

The way she outsould that Cigarettes After *** song that sounds exactly like all of her entire discog

Edited by Samsom
EliteNaviShit

I'll forever be grateful to her for making It's Not Me, It's You. Truly a masterpiece. I still listen to it with pure joy:heart: Most of her other stuff is actually great as well.

• #FreeBritney Activist

I knowww, right??

One of the artists that I really took a liking to

has like 2 of my most listened albums ever

She may feel embarrassed by the first, but we all cheer it on

I feel like it's her realest moments roo

but..Talent!
We really need someone like this again

not against her doing it again lol :eli: