Marvel: Gemma is lead in Eternals, not Angelina

SamanthaJadeFr
1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Exactly. Constance Wu was the lead role in Hustlers yet J.Lo took all the shine as a supporting actress.

fan base] Angelina Jolie - Base - ATRL

This, watch the op and others not say a thing when Angie is the one praised by the media and ends up collecting all the awards.

1024e193f870b8728c13c144219af3e4.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharapov

• Inverted

• nostalgia

• Ampersand13

Top Posters In This Topic

Fading

I watched most of the Marvel films and I don't know the Eternals' story. It's safe to say that this is the first time I read other name that's not Angelina attached to this project. So, everyone trying to undermine Jolie's presence in this is a fool. As far as I know, she's the biggest star worldwide cast in this film.

Ampersand13

I love Angie, but not people thinking she’ll be the reason people will be watching a Marvel film... :ace:

Ampersand13
6 minutes ago, Fading said:

I watched most of the Marvel films and I don't know the Eternals' story. It's safe to say that this is the first time I read other name that's not Angelina attached to this project. So, everyone trying to undermine Jolie's presence in this is a fool. As far as I know, she's the biggest star worldwide cast in this film.

Stars have little to do with it when the property holds the title for the highest grossing franchise in the film industry to date...

Marvel just had two of the most successful series in recent history thanks to their side characters who are arguably less of a draw than someone like Jolie. Will Angelina bring her die-hard fans to the theater? Sure. But you’re kidding yourself if you think that’s even a drop in the bucket of what Marvel’s impact has on getting people to the cinema...

Valentine
1 hour ago, nostalgia said:

among other things...

giphy.gif

yidUzG1HjzPuDsSoec.gif

and Legend-olie does it effortlessly. We have to stan

UnusualBoy

Sure she is not the lead but she is the biggest name in the cast and will have people interested to see what does in it, I mean she trended yesterday for just a small teaser :rip: and by this I am not saying she is reason why people will watch the movie but she may attack a new audience + fans to it.

Scabandplaster

Both stunning and talented so it doesn't matter!

- JED -

She's literally the only reason I know about this 'Eternals' movie

Sharapov
1 hour ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

This, watch the op and others not say a thing when Angie is the one praised by the media and ends up collecting all the awards.

1024e193f870b8728c13c144219af3e4.gif

awards for a reductive supehero movie :rip:

perfillusion

As long as she has a decent enough screen time it's fine. She wasn't the lead in "Wanted" either and still stole the show.

Now I’m excited about this movie 

Inverted

The Tomb Raider lady stans pretending she's some box office draw. :skull: 

Inverted
6 minutes ago, Dephira said:

I have to laugh

https://imgur.com/w8ONPPt

How is this Google trends screen cap relevant? People in Middle Eastern countries googling heavily photoshopped photos of Angelina from 2004 don't make her box office draw. :skull: 

Nobody actually goes out of their way to match her movies (especially internationally) as evidenced by Maleficent 2's performance. Its reception on Disney+ was abysmal. In fact, Angelina's best performing movies are animated, ensemble film where she plays a supporting voice role.

Gemma Chan isn't some big name, but that's irrelevant. This is a MCU movie so it will do well no matter who's in it.

w8ONPPt.png

Dephira
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

How is this Google trends screen cap relevant? People in Middle Eastern countries googling heavily photoshopped photos of Angelina from 2004 don't make her box office draw. :skull: 

Nobody actually goes out of their way to match her movies (especially internationally) as evidenced by Maleficent 2's performance. Its reception on Disney+ was abysmal. In fact, Angelina's best performing movies are animated, ensemble film where she plays a supporting voice role.

Gemma Chan isn't some big name, but that's irrelevant. This is a MCU movie so it will do well no matter who's in it.

w8ONPPt.png

Past 12 months in the United States sis :rip: Not 2004 in the Middle East. Reading is so fundamental, please stay in school. No one knows what a Gemma Chan is anywhere in the world

Edited by Dephira
Inverted
Just now, Dephira said:

Past 12 months sis :rip: Not 2004. Reading is key

You misread. I meant photos from 2004, not the search results. :skull: 

And I'm not trolling. She's literally a hot search in Turkey, Tunisia, Philippines, Malaysia, etc. yet her films perform abysmally in Asia and North Africa. Well, until this one because it's a MCU movie. :skull: 

Erotic

well the lead role isn't doing the job angelina is doing rn, selling the movie and locking the media

yidUzG1HjzPuDsSoec.gif

Erotic
13 minutes ago, Inverted said:

People in Middle Eastern countries googling heavily photoshopped photos of Angelina from 2004 don't make her box office draw. :skull: 

ummmmmm :mazen:

Inverted
Just now, Erotic said:

ummmmmm :mazen:

Did I lie? Her box office results in Asia are awful. Or are you another stan pretending she's a box office draw? :skull: 

Oh, you are. Saw your response above. :skull: 

Troll Idle

Gemma is the moment and the future. Glad to see the acclaim :clap3:

Sharapov
33 minutes ago, Inverted said:

w8ONPPt.png

thank you. angelina has always been box office poison except for miss and mr wilson or whatever that was called  and maleficient 1

P.O.P
13 hours ago, Saturn said:

That's fine -- Angie's name alone is what's going to bring them bank and buzz, and they knew that when they cast her, lead or not. She's the reason most people (even those who don't usually watch superhero movies) will be watching. 

There's a reason her face was the one shown most in the teaser trailer. Gemma will slay her part though!

The obvious daydreaming.

Angelina has never sold a movie on her name alone. NEVER. Her tiny and irrelevant filmography is a flop parade for a reason.

P.O.P
6 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Exactly. Constance Wu was the lead role in Hustlers yet J.Lo took all the shine as a supporting actress.

fan base] Angelina Jolie - Base - ATRL

Jlo was literally one of the producers of Hustlers, of course she was getting mad push :rip: