Jump to content

The Weeknd to continue not submitting music to Grammys


Recommended Posts

Lead Cenobite

It only matters when their pop faves get snubbed.

Good for him! :clap3:Yet we have people here complaining when their fave doesn't get a BBMA nomination or top Spotify.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • QueenofCopyPaste

    9

  • Stupid Love

    4

  • Arrows

    3

  • dabunique

    3

3 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

Loser

 

How so?

He’s already a Grammy winner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It still has meaning when artists continue to submit 

 

One person isn't going to change that

They're useful, not meaningful

Link to post
Share on other sites
mintpasty
22 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It still has meaning when artists continue to submit 

 

One person isn't going to change that

Well he’s the reason why a lot of the public is more aware as to what the Grammys are really all about. He’s also the reason most of the committees were looked at and eliminated.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity

He is still talking about this ? Like no one cares at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dula Peep
26 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

I give the Grammys 5 years before becoming totally irrelevant and no longer respected.

were already there sis :foxaylove2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
dabunique
1 minute ago, Stupid Love said:

Maybe because he is making all this commotion over this generic, cheesy ass song that literally has no significant meaning. I mean if this is such an “injustice” then they need to go back and give Katy Perry a Grammy for “Roar.” :rip:

 

Give me a break. He is doing the most because he decided to not play the game and ended up getting snubbed in the process. I’m sure he will be fine with the insane amount of revenue he’s made from this song while most people are concerned about how they’re going to find work or obtain an education during this ****ed up time.

he made his commotion already ... they jus asked him and he spoke on it again

 

as if u could compare Roar to Blinding Lights

 

i'm sorry but what "game" r u supposed to be playin

 

have several seats broke bitch, he has every right to speak on his art, when questioned on it, u act like he bitches everyday on it

 

and what does poor people have to do with this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
R.E.M.

You all sound so brain dead with your 'WhY doEs hE KeEp TaLkInG aBouT iT :juanny:' circle jerk. He keeps talking about it because he keeps getting asked about it. If he refused to comment you'd still find ways to call him bitter/pressed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
QueenofCopyPaste
12 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

Well he’s the reason why a lot of the public is more aware as to what the Grammys are really all about. He’s also the reason most of the committees were looked at and eliminated.

 

Good. 

 

But to say the Grammys won't be  watched is just absurd

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupid Love
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dabunique said:

he made his commotion already ... they jus asked him and he spoke on it again

 

as if u could compare Roar to Blinding Lights

 

i'm sorry but what "game" r u supposed to be playin

 

have several seats broke bitch, he has every right to speak on his art, when questioned on it, u act like he bitches everyday on it

 

and what does poor people have to do with this?

“Blinding Lights” is literally a generic pop song that was produced by Max Martin. Literally something that any pop artist who can sing 3 octaves can pull off. I don’t see what makes this song any superior to “Roar.” :rip:

 

 I don’t feel bad at all that this multi-millionaire was snubbed because of some highly political award that we all know you have to kiss ass and bend over backwards for. Tough ****. Maybe if the song actually had some sort of political or cultural meaning I would care, but like… :rip:

 

He can continue not to submit while another artist gladly takes his place. :coffee:

 

And the name calling was so unnecessary and immature. You don’t know me or how much money I make. Very moronic and less than classy behavior, ATRL user dabunique.

Edited by Stupid Love
Link to post
Share on other sites
Frozen99
40 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

 

:lmao:

 

ot: i'm glad he's speaking tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Rih
47 minutes ago, Daydream said:

The fact that he KEEPS talking about it but pretends like it doesn't bother him. :rip: It clearly does or he wouldn't feel the need to keep making statements about this.

 

46 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

What a drama queen.

 

44 minutes ago, scenekiller said:

He has some general points but he's being so extra and annoying for no reason :skull:

 

44 minutes ago, Stupid Love said:

Imagine thinking we care after that lackluster Superbowl performance and whack persona he milked to death for After Hours. Hell, I wouldn’t nominate his ass either at this point.

 

37 minutes ago, Pepo said:

No1curr baby. 

 

36 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:


Why is he still talking about it

 

36 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Lol he's still crying over it lol

“HeS StiLl CrYiNg OvEr It!1!1!1!”

 

they probably asked him what he thinks about the rule change. A rule change that was introduced mainly because of him :toofunny3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
its_britney_bitch

Lol whatever. Really thought he was doing something with that statement :ahh: Neither the world nor the Grammys revolve around you sweetie

Link to post
Share on other sites
M-P-B

we'll see about that in September  :rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alyssa Edwards
10 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Am I the only one who still thinks winning a Grammy is kind of a big honor?

Yes.

 

Quote

It’s the ultimate form of acclaim 

Are you ok ? No it isn't. The shammys is a TELEVISION SHOW. Meant for ratings, not love or respect of music ?! And they're also OPENLY rigged... have you ever done a single research on their history of fraud ???? :ace:

The "Ultimate form of acclaim" is millions of people buying your music, coming to see you live and your favorite artists publicly applauding your talents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

Good :clap3:

 

 

Yall really be Mad at HIM

when Grammys have been Proven to be corrupted and even Racist :ahh:

 

 

pick a Side pick A side ATRL :cm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
M-P-B
15 minutes ago, Lead Cenobite said:

It only matters when their pop faves get snubbed.

Good for him! :clap3:Yet we have people here complaining when their fave doesn't get a BBMA nomination or top Spotify.

just like it only matters to him when he's the one being ****ed over  :rip:  where was this energy when he was still getting nominated and winning Grammys in the past decade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dreajae

We shall see.

 

But interesting how they're moving mountains all of the sudden over this and not for past snubs and overt biases. Even the former President called it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Vroom Vroom

I don’t believe he was cheated out of the Big 3 categories.  Big acts get snubbed from those categories all the time.  Look at Ed Sheeran 
The biggest issue is that he was snubbed from the pop categories, that already don’t have committees.  The Grammys never know how to categorize black artists that make pop music.  They always want to throw them in the RnB categories.  Blinding Lights is a pop song and After Hours is pop album, I’m glad that his team stood up for themselves and submitted them in the pop categories 

 

The Grammys have done nothing to stop their racial bias in the pop categories.  Yes Lizzo won best pop song recently, but many artists like The Weekend are being excluded from that category because of their skin color.  Abel should continue to speak out about it since the Grammys continue to do nothing to stop this problem.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessorNinja

Why are you all more bothered than he is,

 

about his own music?

 

 

While saying "he's pretending to be unbothered, but really is."

 

 

Um, ma'am, yall are the bitter ones

 

9) Tumblr

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stupid Love said:

“Blinding Lights” is literally a generic pop song that was produced by Max Martin. Literally something that any pop artist who can sing 3 octaves can pull off. I don’t see what makes this song any superior to “Roar.” :rip:

 

 I don’t feel bad at all that this multi-millionaire was snubbed because of some highly political award that we all know you have to kiss ass and bend over backwards for. Tough ****. Maybe if the song actually had some sort of political or cultural meaning I would care, but like… :rip:

 

He can continue not to submit while another artist gladly takes his place. :coffee:

 

And the name calling was so unnecessary and immature. You don’t know me or how much money I make. Very moronic and less than classy behavior, ATRL user dabunique.

I totally agree with what you said about Blinding Lights. The song isn't that special to start a riot. :rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bayouboy

Devalue the Grammys :clap3:

Tarnish its reputation :clap3:

Expose them Abel :clap3:

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Meme GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...