The Weeknd to continue not submitting music to Grammys

QueenofCopyPaste
9 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

I give the Grammys 5 years before becoming totally irrelevant and no longer respected.

Nah. As long as it's being discussed and artists continue to submit. It's a cycle repeat

People still comment and be perched who's winning. It's the just the truth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Stupid Love

• Arrows

• dabunique

Ms. Togekiss

for someone who pretends to be unbothered by this he really is bitter about it :coffee2: However, it's good to see that he is a man of his word 

Katy V.!

Not people siding with the Grammys :rip: Literally the scum of the music industry :rip:

Good for him :clap3:

moonlitdick
3 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

y'all are crazy he has every right to speak up about the injustice and unfair treatment

Especially as a black artist, and a black artist forced into the R&B categories at that, despite making pop.

You white gays are mad ignorant.

Stupid Love
5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

y'all are crazy he has every right to speak up about the injustice and unfair treatment

“Injustice and unfair treatment” as he continues to whine and complain about an award that thousands of artists have been snubbed by for decades during a global pandemic as he sits on millions of dollars. We don’t care. 

chaneloberlin
7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Exactly these comments are... :rip:

Bencharmer
3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It still has meaning when artists continue to submit 

One person isn't going to change that

Mariah, Nicki and so many hip hop artist are made at the Grammys too. 

Plus the ceremony had tragic rates this year. 

I truly believe they are declining and it's a matter of time before it's just taken as a random show.

getBusy
Posted (edited)

yes Abel :clap3: 

And of course he keeps talking about this, AS HE SHOULD, because these racist idiots have been way too powerful in the industry since the beginning and they deserve all the negative PR for as long as possible, until everyone on earth knows the Grammys are over.

Edited by getBusy
dabunique

he was asked about it and he responded

some of y'all are complete trash, da biggest song of all time surprisingly not nominated ... please

OT

Good for u Abel, let dem kno

QueenofCopyPaste
9 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

Mariah, Nicki and so many hip hop artist are made at the Grammys too. 

Plus the ceremony had tragic rates this year. 

I truly believe they are declining and it's a matter of time before it's just taken as a random show.

TV viewership continues to decline

Social media where it can be livestreamed still reflects its popularity 

Faded1919
16 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

You deserve ALL of the points and to have an amazing day just for posting this iconic song/group. :heart:

Blackthorn
10 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I wish I could upvote your comment. :skull:

If he wants to complain tomorrow or even next week/month/year/decade then he's perfectly allowed to do so, who are they to invalidate his feelings? JFC

Almighty Gaga

Let it go dude. He has sore loser complex. 

That's nice, hopefully he sticks to it and insists his label doesn't submit too. Wouldn't want a case where his music gets submitted and we have to listen to how "it's his label, not him!1!"

QueenofCopyPaste

Abel there's people that are dying... 

Arrows

“Broken trust” lmao, what trust is there supposed to be exactly? Grammys don’t owe artists anything. Complaining about not winning Grammys is embarassing, and I’m talking about my fave as well. 

Am I the only one who still thinks winning a Grammy is kind of a big honor? Thousands of the best musicians in the world vote for their favorite music of the year. It’s the ultimate form of acclaim IMO, at least much more so than random journalists doing reviews.

suburbannature

Y’all told him “don’t submit then!!” and now saying he’s being extra when he decides not to. Pick a side. 

Stupid Love
6 minutes ago, dabunique said:

da biggest song of all time surprisingly not nominated ... please

Maybe because he is making all this commotion over this generic, cheesy ass song that literally has no significant meaning. I mean if this is such an “injustice” then they need to go back and give Katy Perry a Grammy for “Roar.” :rip:

Give me a break. He is doing the most because he decided to not play the game and ended up getting snubbed in the process. I’m sure he will be fine with the insane amount of revenue he’s made from this song while most people are concerned about how they’re going to find work or obtain an education during this ****ed up time.

07tandu

He needs some other big artists to support him and do the same for some change imo.