The Weeknd to continue not submitting music to Grammys

EyesOnMe

The Weeknd has responded to the rule changes for the Grammy Awards announced by the Recording Academy on Friday — primarily a change that eliminates the “secret” nomination-review committees that played a key role in his being shut out of all nominations for the 2021 awards, despite having one of the biggest albums and the most-streamed single of the year with “After Hours” and “Blinding Lights,” respectively.

“The trust has been broken for so long between the Grammy organization and artists that it would be unwise to raise a victory flag,” he tells Variety, adding that he will continue to withhold his music from consideration for the awards. However, he does say that the move is “an important start.”

“I think the industry and public alike need to see the transparent system truly at play for the win to be celebrated, but it’s an important start,” he continues. “I remain uninterested in being a part of the Grammys, especially with their own admission of corruption for all these decades. I will not be submitting in the future.”

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/the-weeknd-grammys-corrupt-rule-change-1234964939/

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Stupid Love

• dabunique

• Black Sunflower

Johnny Jacobs

He's really pissed but needs to get over it already.. 

Or make this beef more interesting 

:cm:

I can tell the grammys downfall is already happening. As it should tbh

Daydream

The fact that he KEEPS talking about it but pretends like it doesn't bother him. :rip: It clearly does or he wouldn't feel the need to keep making statements about this.

Redstreak

A crap ton of amazing artists don’t have grammys my dude. This isn’t the next social justice cause he seems to think it is 💀

Marvin

I kinda understand him but at the same time he needs to get over it. It’s not like he would be guaranteed to win anyways

Liafen

The only thing The Weekend continues to do is b!tching about the GRAMMYs non-stop. Yes Abel, you were snubbed, but you need to let it go jeez, imagine how tired we are

scenekiller

He has some general points but he's being so extra and annoying for no reason :skull:

Blackthorn

Taking the opportunity to reiterate my comment about all that : I still think it's weird af how that record-breaking song didn't even get one nomination... :skull:

Stupid Love

Imagine thinking we care after that lackluster Superbowl performance and whack persona he milked to death for After Hours. Hell, I wouldn’t nominate his ass either at this point.

Slave 4 U

Grammys are trash wbk.  We love a king with integrity who stands by their opinion  :clap3:

The Grammys have been meaningless for years. I'm glad he realised that and I hope more artists do too

Folklore89sm

Continue to not submit? He hasn’t even started not submitting.

Illuminati

Happy he's not backing down, while I will continue to celebrate artists who do win Grammys I think it's important for him to stand by his message

Thinking Of You

Why is he still talking about it

teenager

I honestly think good for him, sticking to his principles.

RideOrDie

y'all are crazy he has every right to speak up about the injustice and unfair treatment

QueenofCopyPaste

Lol he's still crying over it lol

Bencharmer

I give the Grammys 5 years before becoming totally irrelevant and no longer respected.

QueenofCopyPaste
16 minutes ago, CBC said:

The Grammys have been meaningless for years. I'm glad he realised that and I hope more artists do too

It still has meaning when artists continue to submit 

One person isn't going to change that