Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

Come through Rence! Thank you for the review. :heart:

Although these reviews are making it hard to know where anyone will end up since so many people had near faultless songs this week across the board, which is both exciting and mystifying! :matty:  Will "2" be Top 2 or #11 since 1+1 = 2? Only time will tell...

wow, thank you both so much @funnellegs@RenceI'm so glad you both loved it, it means a lot

lemme share my entry too :chick1:

Spoiler

0JEdOu9MpicgjdPeq7veoYG5vYdUSOOmKGKOg_7RhkErg3GWVXLBwW5LKTsTxAbGU2f0FkyWPvCprGYk6lwVrR_q14WAH69Xf3kWf_j1ocAKbXTJZpiCE9m1JOkyyTuOpCOlIvNy

"blood rush"

[verse 1]

tell me what you see when you think of me at night

do you feel the burning flame when you look into my eyes?

do you feel that fever rush running through your body too?

cause nothing beats the blood rush when i think of you 

tell me what you feel when i lean to take a bite

do you get a little nervous? if i do is it alright?

if we set this bed ablaze will you feel that rush come through?

[chorus]

you know passion ends up winning every night

so let’s stop wasting time, let our bodies ignite

got my feelings vivid, love the love i’m given

bodies getting warmer, blood is getting hotter

you know that we don’t have strings attached

i just can’t help but think of you every night

thinking of that blood rush, i feel a hot red blush

it must be a sign, so won’t you be mine?

[verse 2]

tell me what you like so i can keep it in mind

and i’ll do it all for you when you feel the need to unwind

there is nothing in this world that could keep me away from you

tell me that i am what you dream of when you sleep

if you let the others go, can i be just yours to keep?

please stop searching for that rush in somebody that is new

[chorus]

[bridge]

there’s a riot of feelings in me that i can’t control

i am dying to finally let my soul explode

but for now i’ll be good if you just make me believe

that nothing beats the blood rush when you think of me

[chorus]

[outro]

so won't you be mine? can’t you read the signs?

can't you see that i want you to be mine?

i’ll give up the rush, forget every touch

if that’s what it takes for you to be mine

Just now, ughgabriel said:

Thank you @ren

Sorry, not you

Thank you @Rence:heart2: 

tSkXhKD.png

The Colours of the Universe

I'm really happy with the songs this week. Everyone chose very interesting colours and you all portrayed them in different creative ways!

Honestly this was a round I thought of because of how its basically limitless and I think we got the best out of that. Keep up the great work!!

Link to reviews, command+f to find your song title, or use the table of contents on the left side of the doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11uqSYwEfakLtZ5EzwDFwzE3trpxW-lCKmeUzQsbaQk4/edit?usp=sharing

not me logging in just as minho posted his reviews :gaycat6: is it psychic?

anyway, thanks for the feedback judges. love the praises and advices@funnellegs @Rence @minho

Thanks for the review minho. :heart2: Unfortunate to see it didn’t seem to click as well as it did with the others but I’m glad Jackson is getting a certified comeback smash. :duca:

ty minho :chick1:

the suspense is killing me this round, since I submitted my song late I didn't get a review from hug so now I'll never know his thoughts :jonny4: serving secret judge score

Edited by luckystrike

On 5/30/2021 at 6:16 AM, Aurora said:

@Prisonerum all I'll say is I could never submit something like this, so I admire your risk-taking, like wow. :eek: The title is serving "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it" #indie but it totally works for this song. There were thought provoking moments all throughout, and the more intentionally jarring lyrics made them stand out even more.

well I was listening to the NFR album when I wrote the lyrics so maybe you made a few points :dies:

and you also made points with 2. Like the concept and the title, it just works tbh. I love it :katie2:

3 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

well I was listening to the NFR album when I wrote the lyrics so maybe you made a few points :dies:

and you also made points with 2. Like the concept and the title, it just works tbh. I love it :katie2:

Thank you. My passionfruit could mean anything. :cupid:

results?

skai.jpg

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

you'll get results when i ****ing say you do.

skai.jpg

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

omg not this part of the joke making it to the next page but not my followup so now i just look like a bitch :deadbanana2:

skskslslaj :deadbanana4:

thanks to all the judges this round, I feel mostly proud of my entry and would maybe like to come back to it in the future to improve it once this semester is over :emofish:

@minho I’m glad you were confused/conflicted! My intention with the song was to show the conflict between two lovers who know it won’t work and no matter what happens or how much they pretend, letting the other person back in is too painful, and even though they say they don’t care, they always will…they know that for the both of them it’s best to move on…even though they’re two different people now and it COULD work out. That’s the meaning behind True Blue and the follow up to Metaphysical, which was a song about pain, a second chance at life (after the first one almost ended) because of how sour things turned in the relationship. So the person the song is about is still hurting and still feeling the side effects, from all those years ago, but underneath all the rubble, he finally found the strength to get out…metaphysical was about me feeling out of my body, looking down at myself in the physical realm, feeling helpless. 

Edited by ProPopGirlStan

I do feel like I’m at an unfair disadvantage :chick3: .

I believe in my lyrics and they are coming from the heart, and maybe if I knew how to make instrumentals, album art work or professionally record my vocals, I would have higher marks because I’d be able to convey the mood and rhythm better. I know you guys say that doesn’t play a factor in the judging, but I can’t help but feel a little anxious about that.

BUT with all of that being said, I am trying to take the judges advice to improve but also still stay true to my story and authentic. 

7 hours ago, Gastrodonatella said:

you'll get results when i ****ing say you do.

spill!

41 minutes ago, ProPopGirlStan said:

I do feel like I’m at an unfair disadvantage :chick3: .

I believe in my lyrics and they are coming from the heart, and maybe if I knew how to make instrumentals, album art work or professionally record my vocals, I would have higher marks because I’d be able to convey the mood and rhythm better. I know you guys say that doesn’t play a factor in the judging, but I can’t help but feel a little anxious about that.

BUT with all of that being said, I am trying to take the judges advice to improve but also still stay true to my story and authentic. 

Hey! I'd just like to mention that I do not take any outside factors into consideration when I judge. I just look at the lyrics and give my thoughts on that. People have recorded their songs in the past (even as recently as the previous round) but on principle, I've never listened to these until at least after I finalized my rankings, as this is purely about the lyrics and I don't want to somehow be swayed by those things.

I think you SHOULD keep being true to you and what you feel, and do what you enjoy. For anything any of us judges say, it's ultimately just suggestions and our own opinions, and you can pick and choose what you want to take from that and what to disregard. That's a skill in and of itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.